Author Topic: What did Gaspar mean by this?  (Read 4585 times)

teh Schala

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
What did Gaspar mean by this?
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2005, 04:21:18 am »
Not really.  You can level up and beat him.  Your weapons and armor will suck, but you can beat him.  That's why I said TECHNICALLY you can do it then. ;)

Lordchander

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • I might come back one of these days...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2005, 04:33:08 am »
Yeah, the weapons and armor are needed though.

kazmaka

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2005, 10:46:52 am »
yeh even if your high level if your armour is weak you slaughtered by lavos, try attacking lavos with one of your team in good armour and one in low stuff, unless your incredibly high lvl the one with low armour will die very easily.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2005, 08:30:46 pm »
Well, technically, New Game+ IS a sidequest, since you've already BEEN through the entire story already...

But really, the Black Omen ISN'T a sidequest because you can't NOT know about it because when you get in the Epoch after Crono gets punted off the mortal coil, you go through a whole scene about it and everyone's all shocked that it's there. Therefore, it IS part of the main story.

And ok, even if you (think you) need slightly better items then when you JUST get to the End of Time, there are plenty of other times in the game before the (real) ending where you have good enough weapons.

kazmaka

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2005, 06:31:38 am »
yeah, the times that bring about the endings diferent to the one you get from fully completing the game right?

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2005, 07:48:17 am »
Ok, that post just barely made enough sense to me...but, uh, you can bring about different endings before you get to reviving Crono & everything else that can easily be considered sidequests just as much as the Black Omen is a sidequest...or, wait...what was my point again? Now your nonsense post had derailed me! Or...has it?

:?

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2005, 03:07:15 pm »
Quote from: Daniel Krispin
Quote from: Jake-A-Roonie
Well then technically you can beat the game the first time you go to The End Of Time. =P  So is everything after the End Of Time a sidequest too?  ...I didn't think so. ;)

Technically, in game+, you can end the game right after Marle disappears on her teleporter by going into the right one. So everything after THAT is merely a sidequest.

The reason it isn't a 'sidequest' is because it isn't to the side: it concerns the story itself, and lies in a direct path to Lavos. There are multiple other paths, and it can be circumvented, but it is not an extraneous loop on the story.

Actually the portal is there before Marle goes into the pod.

Legend of the Past

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2005, 06:00:15 pm »
Quote from: SilentMartyr
Quote from: Daniel Krispin
Quote from: Jake-A-Roonie
Well then technically you can beat the game the first time you go to The End Of Time. =P  So is everything after the End Of Time a sidequest too?  ...I didn't think so. ;)

Technically, in game+, you can end the game right after Marle disappears on her teleporter by going into the right one. So everything after THAT is merely a sidequest.

The reason it isn't a 'sidequest' is because it isn't to the side: it concerns the story itself, and lies in a direct path to Lavos. There are multiple other paths, and it can be circumvented, but it is not an extraneous loop on the story.

Actually the portal is there before Marle goes into the pod.

You can do that the moment Lucca asks you to go test the Telepod and Marle stands back to watch.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2005, 11:43:49 pm »
Actually you don't have to wait that long even. As soon as you make it to the Telepod demonstration, you can enter the right pod w/Marle.

Sir Crono

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2005, 01:42:54 pm »
You guys cease to amaze me. First of all the Black Omen IS a sidequest. It is mentioned, yes during the story and everyone's amazed and whatnot, by Gaspar himself that it's a sidequest. Sidequests don't have to be hidden, for example, the saving the forest for Fiona. That wasn't really hidden, I mean you could see the little whirlpool thing in the sand. Some of these sidequests are tied together (such as the rainbow shell, and the sidequest when it says one of you is close to someone who needs help) Now people here mistake this one as to help Queen Zeal. Well it's not. It's King Guardia. Notice how gaspar said "one close to you". Now the only person who Zeal is close to is Magus. But wait a minute, what if you killed Magus at North Cape? Oh no! How is this possible? So it isn't Queen Zeal! Now, only person who needs help are 2 people, Lucca's mom, and Marle's dad, the King. Ok well now I know it's not Lucca's mom, because you can decide whether or not to save her (goes along with forest sidequest). As for King guardia, he's the sidequest, if you choose to do the sidequest, (which at first you have to do the rainbowshell quest first) you save him regardless of what you do. Now that this is settled.... In New Game +, you get all your equipment and items from your previous save as soon as you start the game!!!!!!!! So it's possible to beat lavos even before you go to the EoT!!!! I've done it before several times!

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2005, 02:06:04 pm »
In fact, Lucca's mom dosen't need help fast. She already lost her legs, she's not on the verge of losing them. Lucca's mom is just a bonus.

DeweyisOverrated

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2005, 03:42:48 pm »
Quote from: Sir Crono
In New Game +, you get all your equipment and items from your previous save as soon as you start the game!!!!!!!! So it's possible to beat lavos even before you go to the EoT!!!! I've done it before several times!

I'd bet a large amount of money that 98% of the people on these forums have as well...

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2005, 03:47:11 pm »
It's kind of hard to refute a direct translation error that was established months ago.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2005, 03:15:22 am »
Plus the fact that, when you "save Guardia", that doesn't go away, like when you do any of the other quests, Gaspar no longer talks about them...

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2005, 03:41:09 am »
Let's just stop this argument and blame it on good ol' Ted.  :lol: