Author Topic: Chrono Trigger Flash Series  (Read 4654 times)

teh Schala

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
Chrono Trigger Flash Series
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2005, 07:21:05 pm »
Quote from: Claado Shou
Can I get access to the forums?  Please?

Done.

People, BEFORE WE CAN RELEASE EPISODE 1, we need voices for these characters:

Crono
Lucca
Gina (Crono's Mom...that's her name according to the Japanese version)
Taban
Melchior

Marle is already filled, and we're about 90% sure on who will be playing Gina, but it's not totally certain.  Sample lines for each character:

Crono: (see sample lines in a post above)
Lucca (happily): Crono, can you feel it?  Something big is going to happen today!
Gina: Don't you frown at me, mister!
Taban (loudly, like making an announcement): Watch in awe, ladies and gentlemen!  This is all the masterful handiwork of my beautiful daughter Lucca!
Melchior: Good morning, sir!  H...Have we met before?  Hmm...  Anyway, I have quite a selection of weapons here.  Care to have a look?

As said before, please email (Jacob@RSJames.biz) a clip of yourself saying a sample line 3-5 times, a little differently each time.  If you email us once and then decide it sucked, feel free to try again by sending in a second clip.

teh Schala

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2005, 05:58:46 pm »
Check your private messages, SSJoseph. :)

Legend of the Past

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2005, 06:52:53 pm »
Hmm, Jake, do you think my voice could fit for Crono? (Remember I sent it to you?)

teh Schala

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2005, 08:53:08 pm »
I'm not sure that you would be a good fit for Crono's voice, but I'm sure we can get you SOMETHING.  Let me get back to you on it. :)

Wanderer359

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2005, 12:45:32 am »
Hey, now this is my kind of topic! While I may be nowhere near the level of SSJoseph, ala a professional Flash designer, I have had plenty of experience with Flash MX Professional. (My actual drawing skills are subpar (which is why I'm glad this is a sprite project), but I what I lack there I try to make up with Flash development skills. If you need samples, I'll see what I can provide you with. )

Although my schedule is quite busy (between work and scriptwriting (for my major)), I wouldn't mind contributing a bit to this project. If I can help in any shape or form, I'd be glad to lend a hand.

teh Schala

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2005, 01:01:02 am »
At this point, our lead Flasher (for lack of a better term! :lol: ) will need to make decisions like that about other animators...  I'll ask him to get in touch with you. :)

DeweyisOverrated

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2005, 02:15:50 am »
Tomorrow morning I'll hook up my crappy mic and say something... don't get your hopes up though.

Edit: uh... is there a certain kind of tone you're looking for jake-a-roonie?  Or are you leaving that up to our imagination?

teh Schala

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2005, 03:33:25 am »
If you can tell me whatever characters you're interested in auditioning for, I'll be happy to help you a bit.  But feel free to use your imagination. :)

teh Schala

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2005, 01:43:42 am »
An update on the series in general:

The Flash series has been named Chrono Trigger: To Far Away Times, and the scenes for Episode I: The Millennial Fair are in development.  As you've no doubt seen, we have several voices cast already (and I plan to announce the "big three," Crono, Marle and Lucca within the next week), but are looking for many more!  With 40+ parts to fill, many actors will be able to do more than one part.  We welcome all auditions!

Also, we have an opening for sprite rippers...  This is mainly to be done at the start of the project and should be completely finished before we get very far in.  Essentially we need LOTS of sprites ripped in GIF files, zipped, and emailed to our animators for quick extraction.  We have been using VideoGameSprites.net as a resource, but they don't have everything...so we need you!  We need about 2-3 people doing sprites and nothing BUT sprites.  PM me or reply to this thread if that's up your alley.  It's not a difficult job, it's just LONG because there are so many sprites!

Azarath

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2005, 08:48:56 pm »
Shoot, Magus isn't availible anymore?
( Sorry for the spam post)

teh Schala

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2005, 03:49:16 pm »
OK, I need to announce that for now, we are stopping production on the Flash series.

First of all, no, there's not a C&D letter. However, this has been slow going and I'll need to plan more to actually get this off the ground. There's been somewhat of a lack of enthusiasm from a couple of people on my team (though others have MORE than made up for it!), but the real reason I'm stopping production for the moment is because I've been chosen as director for Chrono Trigger: Crimson Echoes.

As you may have noticed, there are two directors: Exodus, in charge of the technical supervision of hackers and so on. And me. I'll be actually directing the public image of the game and the overall look and feel of CE in-game. This is personally huge for me because, as some of you know, I am a writer... I started writing about 10 years ago...when I first discovered Chrono Trigger. Its story inspired me, along with the multiple endings...which got me thinking "what if this happened instead of this?" So I started doing my own little CT Novelization Project, writing the story of CT with the small, personal changes I would have added. Essentially, it's what got me started writing. It's what first fired up my imagination into writing-mode.

Now, I actually have the chance to see my own vision of CT (although in a new story) enacted in-game. This is an opportunity I certainly don't want to pass up, and the new story is something I have to say is truly worthy of the Chrono series. It's spectacular. Seeing as ZeaLitY has said that this is "our vision of Chrono Break," it's like being asked to direct Chrono Break... So it really feels like an enormous honor, privilege, and responsibility.

Between real life, and the CT Remake Petition, and the CT Flash Series, and Crimson Echoes, I had to drop something to be able to focus more on Crimson Echoes. While I might be able to step back from the spotlight in the remake petition in the next month or two, right now I'm still very much needed to get that campaign off the ground. I do hope you understand my decision, and I look forward to possibly returning to this project at a later time. God bless, and thank you!

Fogg

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 05, 2005, 12:38:31 am »
:shock:

and I was just starting to get excited!

just found this thread, so I read till the end and now it isn't happening!  ahh!  Well, not for now I guess...

Are auditions still being taken, or should I wait until the project is back up?

cause I am very interested...

teh Schala

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 05, 2005, 12:46:32 am »
I'd suggest waiting until later.

eternal_magus

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
    • http://zorinth.net
« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2005, 01:13:01 am »
I know this project is on hold, but I found all the main characters ripped, and all the monsters:
http://tsgk.captainn.net/?d=game&s=SNES&g=Chrono%20Trigger

I also have ripped all the tiles, if you want them

Luminaire85

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Cinema
« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2005, 10:23:01 am »
Thanks for posting!

A good spriting resource you have there. I am not in charge of sprites/maps per se, so I don't know if we'll need them yet. But hold that thought until we get reorganized and moving again.  :)