Author Topic: ePSxe question  (Read 2367 times)

Lordchander

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • I might come back one of these days...
    • View Profile
ePSxe question
« on: July 31, 2005, 05:25:51 am »
Hey all, just wondering, now because i live in Australia, I cant buy CC to work on my PS2 (because its PAL and CC is NTSC only, no PAL). Now, if I buy CC (the NTSC) and stick it in my PC, can it play on ePSxe without problems?

Thnx in advance.

Legend of the Past

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
ePSxe question
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2005, 08:18:54 am »
You could. It would take some work, but you could. Just so you know, it's not easy to get ePSXe to work properly, and even so you'd probably have lower quality sounds and the graphics might not be so sharp. Fort Dragonia and Lucca's orphanege will look weird. I could instruct you on how to fix some of these problems... But even so, it won't be easy. Plus, don't use ePSXe 1.5.2\1.5.0 if you're planing to use a CD, cuz it'll get stuck whenever you try to change CD's.

Lordchander

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • I might come back one of these days...
    • View Profile
ePSxe question
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2005, 03:22:47 am »
Yes, i was thinking of doing it this way because i fear im never gonna get the ISO for it, and even if i did, it would take forever, considering i have a crappy 44K internet dial-up connection.

kazmaka

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
ePSxe question
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2005, 03:27:13 pm »
does anyone use ssspx? just wondering, cos i am, and its telling em wiz disc 2 in, and i... cant!

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
ePSxe question
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2005, 04:11:06 pm »
Don't go that way. Discs can get scratched and the Data can get destroyed real easy if you use them a lot. Download the ISO and keep it on your Hard Drive, burn the ISO, put that disc away safely (And don't touch it, of course), and when you format the hard drive take it out, copy the ISO into the Hard Drive, and that's that. If the disc gets dirty, it's no biggy. Just clean it (Be gentle, mind you) and everything will be just fine! ^_^

As for downloading... Just find a file sharing program, and download Chrono Cross. It's really as easy as that. Trust me. The chances of being caught are so slim, it's completly unlikely.

kazmaka

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
ePSxe question
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2005, 05:19:17 pm »
yeh i downloaded disc 1, beat it, got disc 2, and cant play it, :(, i used downloads.

kazmaka

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
ePSxe question
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2005, 04:38:00 am »
anyone got a solution for this? its really annoying how i cant play disc 2, and the only saves i used was a game state, and only one, so now the only save i have is when i first turned to lynx and when it says give me disc 2.

saridon

• Mystical Knight (+700)
  • eater of cows and small fuzzy animals since 1991
    • View Profile
ePSxe question
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2005, 06:07:02 am »
anyone who lives in australia
 if you have a PS1 you can get it chipped here its where i got mine chipped and they dident screwup or nuthing just make sure your TV can play NTSC otherwise they show up in black&white

here's the link www.burn.com.au

kazmaka

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
ePSxe question
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2005, 07:25:10 am »
noone got an idea how to get to disc 2 using ssspsx?

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
ePSxe question
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2005, 08:21:42 am »
Firstly, use ePSXe, and don't use CD-ROMs again for PSX games on emulators. Like, EVER. Use ISO's and follow the instructions I gave above. It'll also make the game run smoother, being as it dosen't need to read from the CD-ROMs.

kazmaka

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
ePSxe question
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2005, 08:55:03 am »
bah, that means starting my game again  :cry:
grr epsxe doesnt even play it, i go to start new game and it just black screens.

jotabe1789

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
ePSxe question
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2005, 10:17:46 am »
Post your pc configuration, and i will try to suggest a suitable configuration ^_^ Btw... you have downloaded the BIOS, don't you? ^_-

kazmaka

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
ePSxe question
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2005, 12:47:50 pm »
hehe it doesnt matter  :wink: i got it playing now, this cd change better work though, now all i gotta do is get back there, taking too long  :cry:

Chronosagas

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
ePSxe question
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2005, 11:41:08 am »
If you want to make isos from your disc , you can use Isobuster ;)
It's free and working very well. You can also use CDRWIN , it's a shareware.

Weggy

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
ePSxe question
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2005, 02:54:41 pm »
Check under special game fixes in the video options, I think theres an entry for Chrono Cross.

Also, use the latest ePSXe.  Make a shortcut to the exe, and after the target, add "-noauto" without quotes.  Should run fine then.