Author Topic: Chrono Cross star level issues  (Read 4626 times)

Shota

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Chrono Cross star level issues
« on: August 03, 2005, 09:56:13 pm »
Today, for the first time in quite a while, I attempted to beat the final boss o'
Chrono Cross, The Time Devourer, at level 38. Well, no, not really, I tried to beat him at level 38/45. For some odd reason, even though I've fought 45 bosses, Chrono Cross only registers 38 of them for how much HP I have and how high my stats are. I know this because it SAYS in my menu screen, "level 38/45", and when I used Holy Healing (said to heal you to full and remove status effects) it healed with some 850 HP, when in the battle (or any battle) my HP is just about 500.

What's up with that? Is this a game bug? Did I miss something here?

DeweyisOverrated

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2005, 10:22:32 pm »
in terms of xx/yy, the yy set of numbers is your level.  Its the numbers of bosses you've defeated-1 (remeber that you start at lvl 1)

The 38 (or the xx number)is not a glitch.  Every time you use a summon, you lose one star.  So that means you used a summon 45-38= 7 times.  The only way to recover them to full is by sleeping.  Don't worry, nothing wrong with your game, and its an easy fix.

EDIT:  also, you please fix your avatar.  It's taking up a ton of width on the sceen, which a lot of people will find annoying.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2005, 02:13:53 am »
What? His avy didn't do anything to me...I think it's ok...but I suppose he could just choose something else and put that in his sig (i don't think he should get rid of it altogether because it's funny as hell).

Also, Shota, I'm not exactly sure what you mean...You seem to be thinking that boss fights equal star levels? Not all bosses hand out star levels...and I'm not sure what you mean w/your HP...Are you saying that it's showing that you're healing more than your max HP? Or what? Can you make it a little more clear for me?

kazmaka

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2005, 04:24:21 am »
yeh hes saying hes getting healed for 850hp when he only has around 500.

saridon

• Mystical Knight (+700)
  • eater of cows and small fuzzy animals since 1991
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono Cross star level issues
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2005, 05:29:27 am »
Quote from: Shota
Today, for the first time in quite a while, I attempted to beat the final boss o'
Chrono Cross, The Time Devourer, at level 38. Well, no, not really, I tried to beat him at level 38/45. For some odd reason, even though I've fought 45 bosses, Chrono Cross only registers 38

in simple terms, with 38/45

38= number of times left that your able to use a summon which increases with each level and is replenished after staying at a inn so after you rest it will change back to 45/45

45= your level and max amount of summons that can be cast at your level

not having the max posible amount of summons you can cast dosen't change your stats in any way

Shota

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono Cross star level issues
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2005, 03:04:12 pm »
Quote from: saridon

not having the max posible amount of summons you can cast dosen't change your stats in any way

Hmm, seems to change my health at any rate. Thanks for the info guys,
DiO :  I'll change my avi soon.