Author Topic: seeing "glenn"  (Read 1731 times)

DeweyisOverrated

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
seeing "glenn"
« on: August 07, 2005, 12:25:15 am »
You know, I've lietrally beaten Chrono Trigger upwards of 300 times by now, but I've never gotten the ending where you see Glenn in his human form.  After you beat Magus (as Frog) when in the game do you have to defeat Lavos?

teh Schala

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
seeing "glenn"
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2005, 01:20:40 am »
I think there are 2 endings with Glenn in human form.  One is if you kill Magus at the North Cape, then revive Crono and go to Lavos through the bucket (so you can't destroy the Epoch).  You'll only see him for about 1 second though, with his back to the camera and his cape blowing...  That's how I saw him the first time, and it was really pretty cool 'cause I was like, "Wait a minute, was THAT...Glenn?!"

The other ending, I think you have to do it exactly as above, but without reviving Crono.  So kill Magus at the North Cape (doesn't matter who is in your party), and then go to the bucket and defeat Lavos without bringing Crono back.  Glenn and Marle will have a very short conversation, and then Lucca will make a comment about Glenn being a dish. :lol:

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
seeing "glenn"
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2005, 05:15:17 am »
Huh...I never heard about that first one Jake...I'll have to check that out sometime...or get someone to get me a screenshot of it :lol:

DeweyisOverrated

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
seeing "glenn"
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2005, 11:28:00 am »
Is one of those the "sideshow" ending?  If so I've seen it.. I kind of do remember hearing Lucca say something about someone being cute, although I don't seem to remember Glenn being there.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
seeing "glenn"
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2005, 11:41:08 am »
No, in the Slideshow Ending they just go through various NPCs I believe...Neither mentioned above could be the Slideshow Ending.

teh Schala

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
seeing "glenn"
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2005, 01:27:37 pm »
No, the ending I'm talking about is when Crono's mom chases the cats into the Gate before it disappears.  They board the Epoch and go after her.  You see several scenes from different eras; one of them is Guardia XXI and Leene on the bridge as the prison is being constructed.  The camera pans to the left and you see Glenn for just a second.  (If you choose not to kill Magus and still end up with this ending, the camera still pans to the left to follow the Epoch, but Glenn just won't be there.)

Sir Crono

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
seeing "glenn"
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2005, 12:12:32 pm »
Ok well here's an ending for you all. Beat Lavos after the Masamune is repaired and Frog joins you. You start out at Lucca's house, where she is fixing Robo. During the credits you see scenes of Frog. He defeats each of Magus' fiends, and then goes after Magus himself. After the battle with Magus, you see Frog standing on top of the statue above the gate to Magus' castle. Whethere or not he transformed back to glenn, I have no idea, but I'm about to find out.

DeweyisOverrated

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
seeing "glenn"
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2005, 01:10:19 pm »
Quote from: Sir Crono
Ok well here's an ending for you all. Beat Lavos after the Masamune is repaired and Frog joins you. You start out at Lucca's house, where she is fixing Robo. During the credits you see scenes of Frog. He defeats each of Magus' fiends, and then goes after Magus himself. After the battle with Magus, you see Frog standing on top of the statue above the gate to Magus' castle. Whethere or not he transformed back to glenn, I have no idea, but I'm about to find out.

That ending no one can ever tell for sure.  The creators purposely put in a very vague sprite, completly in black, and its too hard to tell who it is (Magus or Frog).  No one can prove either one definitivly over the other, so its basically what you make of it.

tanisloray

• Iokan (+1)
  • Dreaming for the next Chrono installment
    • View Profile
seeing "glenn"
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2005, 07:00:10 pm »
*chuckles*

II found it on my first try.

You just have to whip Maguis to a bloody pulp at North Cape.

THat's what I did,  and then I immediately went to beat Lavos up after that.  It worked!@

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
seeing "glenn"
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2005, 03:55:32 am »
Quote from: teh Schala
The other ending, I think you have to do it exactly as above, but without reviving Crono.  So kill Magus at the North Cape (doesn't matter who is in your party), and then go to the bucket and defeat Lavos without bringing Crono back.  Glenn and Marle will have a very short conversation, and then Lucca will make a comment about Glenn being a dish. :lol:

Just got this one for the first time tonight, with my Chrono loving roommate watching for the last couple hours. My total runthrough time was about 6 and a half hours. I wasn't trying to speed run it, as I spoke to a lot of villagers and such, but I didn't bother with side quests, as I wanted specifically to get this ending.

Man, in never fails. I always, ALWAYS feel good when I beat Lavos. Hell, just playing again after such a long hiatus from the game felt good. Ah ha, I love this game!