Author Topic: A/S/Lololololol!  (Read 6897 times)

Daniel Krispin

A/S/Lololololol!
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2005, 10:23:47 pm »
Youngest? There are people that are 12 posting on these forums.

Anyway, you hail from France? As someone was saying, here lies a truly international board! Israel, France... there are likely others that are not so plain or apparent.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
A/S/Lololololol!
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2005, 10:50:02 pm »
Doulifee and DarkGizmo are French too.

I think there are no Japanese on the forum though, that would be awesome if we had a 'link' to the Japanese audience.

AuraTwilight

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
A/S/Lololololol!
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2005, 11:18:14 pm »
*Raises hand* WEE ^^ I'ma turning Japanese I think I'm turning Japanese I really THINK SO!

No seriously....I am.

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
A/S/Lololololol!
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2005, 11:25:13 pm »
Quote from: AuraTwilight
*Raises hand* WEE ^^ I'ma turning Japanese I think I'm turning Japanese I really THINK SO!

No seriously....I am.

According to your post on page 1 you're not: you're your Mom o_O

AuraTwilight

• View Profile
A/S/Lololololol!
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2005, 12:04:00 am »
and yet I put STFU for my age and a question mark for my age. Seriously? I'm

15/M/Shimokitazawa, Japan.

teh Schala

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
A/S/Lololololol!
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2005, 03:58:53 am »
Wait a minute, so do you speak Japanese?  If so, we've got a small project for you! :twisted:

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
A/S/Lololololol!
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2005, 04:17:46 am »
I just turned 19. It was pretty funny when the Compendium began, because it was started by two 17 year olds (Ramsus and myself). And the others, of course. But I thought it was neato.

saridon

• Mystical Knight (+700)
  • eater of cows and small fuzzy animals since 1991
    • View Profile
A/S/Lololololol!
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2005, 07:19:24 am »
14/M/Australia sydney

yep I'm just a kid

DeweyisOverrated

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
A/S/Lololololol!
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2005, 11:41:41 am »
Quote from: ZeaLitY
I just turned 19.

You're telling me that the guy in charge of this place and knows probably more than anyone is YOUNGER than me?!  Damn teenagers.

AuraTwilight

• View Profile
A/S/Lololololol!
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2005, 12:36:42 pm »
Ha, life sucks for Dewey. ANYWAY, yes, I can speak and read Japanese. I'm a NOVELIST In Japan. ^_^ You don't need me for like....translating some obscure fangame or something, do you?

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
A/S/Lololololol!
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2005, 12:49:08 pm »
In fact, we do. CT's Japanese has some intresting, but good ol' Ted messed it up. Having a script of the japaense version will make things a lot more simpler, maybe even answer some old questions.

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
A/S/Lololololol!
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2005, 01:03:44 pm »
Quote from: AuraTwilight
Ha, life sucks for Dewey. ANYWAY, yes, I can speak and read Japanese. I'm a NOVELIST In Japan. ^_^ You don't need me for like....translating some obscure fangame or something, do you?

Do some of your novels feature scenes like the ones we see in the 'Dialogue parodies' thread? :)

teh Schala

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
A/S/Lololololol!
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2005, 04:04:10 pm »
Actually Aura, I was going to have you translate a simple letter to Square Enix, and the remake petition from English into Japanese.  How professional can you make something like that sound?

Sample letter:
Dear Square Enix,

I am an American fan of the Chrono series, which includes the games Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross. I very much enjoyed these titles, and am part of a large community of fans who share in my experiences. I am writing you to express my desire for a new Chrono game, and my full support in purchasing a new title. The series is unique, engaging, and very fun, and I would be overjoyed to see a new addition to its already outstanding lineup of games.

Sincerely,

That's a letter ZeaLitY wants to send.  And then the petition -- as it stands now -- looks like this:
We are Chrono Trigger fans who believe the time has come for Square Enix Co., Ltd., to remake the game. Several recent fan attempts to produce a remake reflect that belief.

The original release of Chrono Trigger on the Super Nintendo Entertainment System gave players an unprecedent sense of involvement. Those players became and remained fans, and the re-release of Chrono Trigger on Playstation further broadened the fan base. Using recent advances in game-making technology to remake the game would give those fans access to a system more capable of presenting the game's complex world, storyline, and characters.

We can promise our own enthusiastic support for a remake, and we expect that other fans will do the same. Those who are not yet fans will have an additional and powerful reason to join us.

Thank you for your time,

Can ya do something like that? ^_^

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
A/S/Lololololol!
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2005, 04:25:29 pm »
The script's being translated by RPGOne.

Yes, knowing Japanese is a liability around RPG sites, because invariably you'll be asked to translate something. But at the moment, the only pressing matter is that letter. After that, there are a couple interviews which need translation, but that's about it.

AuraTwilight

• View Profile
A/S/Lololololol!
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2005, 04:53:58 pm »
Uh, sure, I think I can do that letter. Got an email address I can use?

And NO, my novels are serious fantasy! >_> You'll see, I'm writing a fanfiction on this board. The Prologue is up. Worship it.