Author Topic: Audition Thread for CT Flash Series  (Read 11868 times)

Shadow_Dragon

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
Audition Thread for CT Flash Series
« Reply #90 on: August 16, 2005, 01:31:32 am »
anyone want to tell me how to record a thing? if I ever get my microphone to work (I might have to load up my old computer to do so) i'd at least like to know how

DeweyisOverrated

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 16, 2005, 01:37:42 am »
I just go to start --> programs--> accessories--> entertainment --> sound recorder.  It's been in every version of windows since 3.1 (I actually had that at one point), so from there it should be simple.  It's wav form, but it gets the job done.

Daniel Krispin

« Reply #92 on: August 16, 2005, 01:52:23 am »
Yeah, fun little program. Years back, when I was 14 and knew almost nothing about how a computer works, I used that to edit some wav clips from Star Wars - it ended up having Darth Vader say: 'Obi-Wan, my master, what is the dark side?'. Quite funny. I had actually rather forgotten about that simple wav editor.

Shadow_Dragon

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 16, 2005, 01:58:25 am »
wow, I just tried to access the Spiderman Cartoon Editor on my old computer... I hadn't used for 2 years, and I was in an 8-Bit Theater craze then, so the desktop was Fighter <_<
Ugh, I'll appreciate my computer now

Unfortunately, the spiderman editor wouldn't load, so I didn't even get to see it :(

I'll try that sound editor thing now, if I can get my mic to work.. and tips on getting it to work? I think it still can work, since I could get it to work before when I was testing it (in some control panel thing)

Gaara

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 16, 2005, 05:00:27 pm »
Do you have any voice on Cyrus yet? If not what r u looking for in his voice?

CatchRBFivy

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/~catchRBFivy
« Reply #95 on: August 17, 2005, 02:34:19 pm »
I tried that plugging my headphones into the mic jack and I got it to record so I'm gonna make a few auditions, but I have no idea what you still need Jake-a-roonie.  I wanna try Glenn, and see how funny that will be.  Anything will be cool though.

Daniel Krispin

« Reply #96 on: August 17, 2005, 03:15:02 pm »
I suppose my voice was a little too high pitched, eh?

teh Schala

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 17, 2005, 04:47:18 pm »
Quote from: Gaara
Do you have any voice on Cyrus yet? If not what r u looking for in his voice?

I have not even given a thought to Cyrus yet.  My thoughts are entirely on the first two episodes at the moment, with just a faint afterthought of my plans for one of the later episodes in particular.

Quote from: CatchRBFivy
I have no idea what you still need...I wanna try Glenn, and see how funny that will be.  Anything will be cool though.

Try out for whatever you want.  But my priorities at this moment are Melchior, Taban, and Gina.  However, for Episode II I know I'll need a Chancellor, King Guardia XXI, Leene, and Glenn. :)

Quote from: Daniel Krispin
I suppose my voice was a little too high pitched, eh?

Actually no...  But it just didn't seem to fit well with the particular characters you selected.  I think one problem was that you actually enunciated a little too hard though...  Maybe you should try for Taban or one of the Kings of Guardia?  Your voice seemed like it might go well with at least the younger king (in 600 AD), and I think I can picture you as Taban too.

Thorn

• Earthbound (+15)
  • The Original Knight in the Woods
    • View Profile
    • Industrial Illuzzions Inc. - The Future of Entertainment!
« Reply #98 on: August 18, 2005, 02:11:15 am »
I'm greatly interested in auditioning for this. Unfortunately, right now my time is very limited; I'm an Actor/Singer/Dancer IRL, and I'm currently wrapping up a production right now of "Into the Woods". I have an extensive resume, if you want to have that along with my audition selections. At the very least, gimme a day or two ^_^. I'll try not to dissapoint!

DeweyisOverrated

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 18, 2005, 10:28:45 pm »
It's not THAT professional that you have to submit a resume.  Basically, jsut give him a voice sample (listed on the first page), and if your voice fits, you've got the "job".

The "job" doesn't actually pay anything.

teh Schala

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 19, 2005, 01:11:17 am »
Right...  The "pay" is the experience of being behind a mic and learning how to do various voice inflections. =P

CatchRBFivy

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/~catchRBFivy
« Reply #101 on: August 19, 2005, 01:39:29 am »
I did a piece for Glenn, but the quality of my speakers as a microphone isn't very good, and my voice is terrible.  I doubt I"ll send it in.  Unless someone can tell me another way of recording other than just using the sound recorder in microsoft's start menu... :(

teh Schala

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 19, 2005, 07:59:49 am »
Download a trial version of GoldWave, as it's pretty good.  The trial version isn't limited in functionality -- it's fully functional -- but it IS limited in how many commands you can execute.  It's something like 500 commands per session before it starts saying "Buy now" every 5 commands you make.  And I think it's like 5000 commands total before it shuts itself down on ya.  Anyway, that's plenty of commands to get something basic like this done. :)

Ramsus

« Reply #103 on: August 19, 2005, 08:05:32 am »
I kind of like Audacity when I don't have Sound Studio.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 19, 2005, 02:30:57 pm »
Yeah, I got Audacity too after reading an article on Maximum PC.

The article was actually a huge how-to for expressing full fair use rights in the face of the Digital Rights...thing. Anyway, it provided instructions for ripping DVDs, re-encoding, getting around copyright protection on CDs, etc. and Audacity comes in handy.