Author Topic: Audition Thread for CT Flash Series  (Read 11879 times)

teh Schala

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
Audition Thread for CT Flash Series
« Reply #120 on: August 27, 2005, 03:57:33 pm »
Chronocrossed, you did a great job and I'm sure you'll get a few parts. :)

Azarath, your voice has potential, but just a couple of things on Magus: First, SLOW DOWN! :)  You sounded rushed, or like you just came in from a morning run.  Slow down, let your heart calm, and take on the cool, calm, collected persona that is Magus.  He is usually angry and bitter, but in the particular line used for the auditions, he is also in utter despair.  All his life he has hoped to change history by averting the tragedy of the fall of Zeal, and now he realizes he has utterly failed.  Second, he is from this ancient, regal kingdom, so he would still hold some of that in his voice.  He would probably still have a faint Zealian accent from living there in his early years (though it's up to you to decide what the Zealian accent might sound like), and especially at this stage of his life, coming back to Zeal, his accent would come back a little.  Try again if you like, ok? :)

Galidan, I did get your auditions.  You did a good job.  Very creative. :)

Azarath

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 27, 2005, 04:15:37 pm »
Alright! I'll try again, and a lot better this time I hope.

Silber_ZR

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 27, 2005, 05:04:24 pm »
I sent in some auditions a few days ago. I know they were pretty terrible, but what did you think of them? I'd love to hear any criticism/advice you've got for me, teh Schala!  :D

Azarath

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 27, 2005, 06:29:25 pm »
Here, I sent another one. If you have any other Magus lines I could try, lay them on me. That line is pretty tough.

Chronocrossed

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 27, 2005, 06:40:16 pm »
Quote from: teh Schala
Chronocrossed, you did a great job and I'm sure you'll get a few parts. :)

Thanks.  If you'd like me to do any callbacks on any of the characters, let me know.

Azarath

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 27, 2005, 08:44:16 pm »
Chronocrossed, what part(s) did you try out for? I'm thinking about Frog/Glenn if Magus doesn't work out.

teh Schala

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 27, 2005, 09:25:37 pm »
Chronocrossed tried out for a number of parts, and to be honest, it was quite obvious that he's been behind a microphone before.  He tried out for a couple of characters that I thought I had cast already, or at least had someone in mind for them.  Listening to him made me rethink a couple of them.  He did VERY well, to say the least.

Azarath, I know that's a tough line, but that's partly why I picked it. :)  It's a rare glimpse into a deeper side of Magus, and I'm hoping to find someone who can capture it.  I received your second audition...  You still need to slow down your speech a little bit, and sound almost more like you're just musing or talking to yourself than talking to the other characters.  Other than that, just try and back away from the microphone just a smidge, so that the sound doesn't pop when you make a "p" sound or another one that blows into the mic.

EDIT: Oh, and Silber!  Yes, I got yours and I think you certainly got one of those parts right off the bat.  I don't remember all the parts you auditioned for except the one I'm 99% sure you got, and Flea. =P  With Flea, I could tell you were trying to sound like a guy, since Flea is one, but that's part of the uniqueness of Flea.  Just sound like your own girly self.  Remember, Flea even fooled Marle into thinking he was a girl!  So the voice should be a pretty much normal girl.  Also, Flea's personality is probably a lot like Lucca's, at least in terms of self-confidence.

Azarath

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 27, 2005, 09:55:29 pm »
Ok. I'm sorry. I thought I was far enough away from the microphone. I REALLY gotta pay more attention this time! Anyways, I'm sending my third one to ya now. Actually, I'm gonna try out for someone else for a little bit. If that person doesn't work out, I'll help with the script I guess.

Galidan

« Reply #128 on: September 04, 2005, 02:37:56 pm »

Thanks.  If you'd like me to do any callbacks on any of the characters, let me know.

Same goes for me. If you have any positions become open again, please let me know!

/Galidan[/quote]

Galidan

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 07, 2005, 11:59:34 am »
Seeing as though I haven't gotten any e-mails back, I'm guessing I didn't get any parts. However, could you please post who has gotten the parts? I don't really see a reason to be keeping it a secret.

/Galidan

Fogg

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 07, 2005, 07:28:57 pm »
I believe this project has been put on ice for a while...

See this topic http://www.chronocompendium.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?t=1051

That's probably why you haven't heard back  :?

Galidan

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 07, 2005, 08:00:19 pm »
Ah dangit! I was really looking forward to this. You know, if this doesn't manage to come together, maybe we can still do a CT radioplay.

/Galidan

Luminaire85

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Cinema
« Reply #132 on: September 07, 2005, 09:21:20 pm »
Yes, the project has been temporarily paused, and that's why you haven't heard anything. However, some of the staff (including me) is continuing prepatory work (including the script) in the meantime. Hopefully we'll start full production again soon, and when we do we'll hit the ground running. Stay tuned!

tamashii

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 08, 2005, 08:47:59 pm »
Well, that sucks. T^T

IcedEarthaholic

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 09, 2005, 02:20:20 am »
I would try to send something, as I am very interested in auditioning for Magus. But unfortunately, it seems my PC microphone has broken entirely. Hopefully the role isn't entirely taken yet, because I am going to see if I can find a mic for myself soon so I can give it a shot.