Author Topic: Secret Dev Room?  (Read 2839 times)

MustardCat

Secret Dev Room?
« on: August 31, 2005, 12:46:10 am »
Well I was messing around in CT, and I came upon a dev room... I've personally never heard of this. I did a search on these forums, and came up with nothing. So has anyone else found this? Does everyone but me know about this and I'm just making myself look like a jackass? :D

Here are some screen shots:

If it turns out no one eles has found this I'll put up a link to a zsnes save state....

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
Secret Dev Room?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2005, 01:31:19 am »
Aye, Chrono Trigger has a number of "bonus" endings, just like one of your screencaps states. It's nothing that hasn't been discovered before, but it's certainly cool when you discover it yourself for the first time.

Kazuki

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
Secret Dev Room?
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2005, 06:09:25 pm »
You've stumbled on to probably the most famous alternate ending of CT. Congrats! It IS a lot of fun to find it for the first time  :)

Leviticus

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Secret Dev Room?
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2005, 02:18:58 pm »
I found that ending when I beat Lavos with Crono only on a New Game+... It was the best one, for sure. I'm trying to get most of the endings right now...

Zenning

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
Secret Dev Room?
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2005, 02:31:28 pm »
The Developers' Room was, without a doubt one of the most interesting endings, but necessarily conclusive.

It was hilarious to hear what shenanigans the developers' had to say, though.

I only found out about the 10 multiple endings, let alone New Game +, through the strategy guide. I never would've imagined the game multiple endings if I didn't have a strategy guide telling me that.

While Nintendo Power, back in the day, said the game would have multiple endings, it also said that the game was designed in a new way that did away with dungeons. It's like, how can an RPG NOT have dungeons? After that statement was disproved, for when I first played Chrono Trigger, found out that it actually had dungeons, decided that the multiple ending claim was bunk, too.

Anyways, I've heard rumors that Chrono Trigger has 22 endings, 3 of which regard Magus and haven't been stated amongst the commonly known 10 endings.

If I recall, the guide only covers "The Top 10 Best Endings of Chrono Trigger." This implies that there are more than 10 endings, even if out friend from the developer room only tells us that there are 10 endings.

Luminaire

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Secret Dev Room?
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2005, 07:28:18 pm »
weird... I used to think that there were around 18-22 endings as well, but I read somewhere, here I think that it was only 12.

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
Secret Dev Room?
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2005, 10:32:53 pm »
There are 14, but I forget if that includes or excludes the 2 defeat endings. If you lost to Magus at his castle or Lavos, there is a brief sequence before the game over screen. No one ever counts those...

Kazuki

• View Profile
Secret Dev Room?
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2005, 10:42:14 pm »
Quote from: Radical_Dreamer
There are 14, but I forget if that includes or excludes the 2 defeat endings. If you lost to Magus at his castle or Lavos, there is a brief sequence before the game over screen. No one ever counts those...

I never knew that there was a sequence if you lost to Magus at the castle.

Weggy

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Secret Dev Room?
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2005, 11:11:21 pm »
Yeah, he turns around and goes back to working on his summon.

Zenning

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
Secret Dev Room?
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2005, 12:48:56 am »
You know something, the "Lavos destroys the world" ending is in my opinion, the second coolest ending in the game, after the default, happy ending you're supposed to get upon completing the game for the first time.

I mean, in the Lavos ending, you at least get to see two scenes of the continental layouts of 1999AD! And it looks quite different from 2300AD, too!

If you want a 1999AD map, I can show it to you...

Kazuki

• View Profile
Secret Dev Room?
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2005, 02:26:00 am »
The maps are shown at the Compendium under locations, I believe. It IS a very cool ending though, probably my favorite, actually, as it really reminded me of the consequences of not defeating it and urged me into gear.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Secret Dev Room?
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2005, 06:51:41 am »
Quote from: Weggy

This hardly counts as an ending. Two sprite animations plus one sound, and that's all.

Weggy

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Secret Dev Room?
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2005, 02:22:17 pm »
Quote from: Chrono'99
Quote from: Weggy

This hardly counts as an ending. Two sprite animations plus one sound, and that's all.

I never said it was.  I was just expanding on what Kazuki said.  It's different than what you get normally by dying, so it's worth mentioning.

Magus-X

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Secret Dev Room?
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2005, 04:43:05 pm »
No way. Is this true. Do you have to beat all ten endings to get to that point? What happens next?

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
Secret Dev Room?
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2005, 09:58:24 pm »
Quote from: Magus-X
No way. Is this true. Do you have to beat all ten endings to get to that point? What happens next?

No. You can get that ending by defeating Lavos right at the start of the game, or at the Ocean Palace.