Author Topic: Crimson Echoes passed to new talent  (Read 6440 times)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Crimson Echoes passed to new talent
« on: September 01, 2005, 07:31:01 pm »
So that I can finish the encyclopedia and analysis portions of the site, I have decided to hand over my status of director for Crimson Echoes to other qualified individuals. The persons in question are Exodus, who lent a helping hand to the demo, and Jake, who also heads the Chrono Trigger Flash Series. Exodus will primarily be handling the technical aspects and actual rom hacking, while Jake will spearhead the plot finalization and other aspects regarding the game's structure and content. These jobs aren't limits, as each can help whatever section he pleases. Wish them well! And to prove that this is a good shift for me, just wait for a surprise coming in the Encyclopedia tomorrow or Saturday.

Kazuki

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2005, 07:37:17 pm »
I'm a bit sorry to see you leave the team, but it looks like you've found some good management. I look foward to the promise of an encyclopedia update, as that's always been one of my favorite features on the site.

Good luck to you and the others as well  :D !

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2005, 09:30:10 pm »
I just hope that the project wont get scrapped because you left.

Exodus

• Acacia Deva (+500)
  • How do we know we exist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2005, 09:31:07 pm »
Fear not; that won't be happening as long as I'm in charge.

teh Schala

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2005, 09:47:58 pm »
Ain't that the truth 8)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2005, 10:59:27 pm »
Yeah, I have faith in the zeal of the new directors. "Not giving up" is really all that matters; other skills can be learned with experience and time.

Kazuki

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2005, 11:03:07 pm »
Quote from: ZeaLitY
Yeah, I have faith in the zeal of the new directors. "Not giving up" is really all that matters; other skills can be learned with experience and time.

How very "Rock Leeish" of you  :) .

Leviticus

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2005, 12:57:57 pm »
I just hope the game's plot gets screwed by the new management. New management means changes. These changes may be good or bad, we'll just have to see. What i'm really excited about is the surprise in the encyclopedia. Longer demo, perhaps?

teh Schala

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2005, 02:57:57 pm »
The plot has been all but set in stone before ZeaLitY stepped down.  Probably 90% or so of the storyline is set.  It's just up to Hadriel and me to decide the ending: where the final battle will take place, exactly what the final boss will be, and what will happen in the ending.  A couple of the ending's events are already set simply by restrictions held by Chrono Cross.  Because Crimson Echoes takes place between CT and CC, the whole Dream Team know that a couple of things have to happen during the ending, though we don't want to release those details just yet. :)  It's sort of like making Star Wars III...you KNOW that there are certain things that have to happen in episode 3 to connect 2 with 4, and we just have to figure out when and how these things will happen.  Person A must die or worse, and Person B must have some certain tragedy happen to them, etc.

Anyway, I'm planning to have lunch with Hadriel (we live closeby) sometime this week, hopefully Thursday or Friday, and we'll get some things hashed out.

Lordchander

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • I might come back one of these days...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2005, 02:59:04 am »
Actually, to those who think having new management is bad, you are all very wrong indeed. This whole situation is in fact a win-win sitiation:

Simple,

Win: ZeaLitY gets to work on the Encyclopedia, which im greatly looking forward too. Good luck man!

Win: I have much faith in teh Schala and Exodus! As teh Schala said, the entire storyline is set in stone, so they cant really do much to screw it up!  :lol:

My overall opinion: I think that everything is gonna turn out great and that both CE and the Encyclopedia are gonna be winners! Good luck to everyone on both projects!!!

Kazuki

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2005, 03:28:23 am »
Quote from: Lordchander
Actually, to those who think having new management is bad, you are all very wrong indeed. This whole situation is in fact a win-win sitiation:

Simple,

Win: ZeaLitY gets to work on the Encyclopedia, which im greatly looking forward too. Good luck man!

Win: I have much faith in teh Schala and Exodus! As teh Schala said, the entire storyline is set in stone, so they cant really do much to screw it up!  :lol:

My overall opinion: I think that everything is gonna turn out great and that both CE and the Encyclopedia are gonna be winners! Good luck to everyone on both projects!!!

Doesn't look like anybody thinks that this is a bad thing, but it is indeed a win-win situation.

Lordchander

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • I might come back one of these days...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2005, 04:01:27 am »
Well, I probably shouldn't have used the word bad. Its just that a couple of ppl have implied very slightly that it might not be very good.

Nevertheless, I thought I would point that out anyways.

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2005, 10:31:34 am »
I'll await the final stages of the game XD When it's released, I'll be #1 to find plot holes XD

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2005, 12:40:04 pm »
Quote from: Zaperking
I'll await the final stages of the game XD When it's released, I'll be #1 to find plot holes XD

There are already some plot holes (Schala and Marle's pendants :wink: ), but it can't be helped since it was so in CT and wasn't resolved in CC anyway...

vanitylust

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
HMMM
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2005, 12:07:43 am »
Hey guys - I'm new to this scene. Was just glancing about the CT:CE shat and Lookin good. was a bit worried when i heard about all the CT projects getting shut down - hope you guys make the right choices in keeping CE going.