Author Topic: Time Devourer  (Read 7904 times)

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
Time Devourer
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2005, 11:48:38 pm »
Quote from: V_Translanka
Quote from: ZeaLitY
Still, time-based weaponry sounds too cool!

Do I smell something called a "Chrono Brake"? I still think it would make an awesome sword name Japanese version (brake) or that old NA version (break).

Yeah! Like the Thousand Years' Sword or the Zeitgeister, or even the White Mint...uh...er...of TIME !!

+3 Fresh

Wiesty

• Fan Project Leader
  • Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gmreborn.tloveland.com
Time Devourer
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2005, 10:28:12 pm »
i have not yet played cc, it takes place shortly after the events of ct, but if chrono and crew destroyed lavos how could it return or what happened.

GrayLensman

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
Time Devourer
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2005, 11:03:54 pm »
Quote from: Wiesty
i have not yet played cc, it takes place shortly after the events of ct, but if chrono and crew destroyed lavos how could it return or what happened.

Chrono Cross Condensed Plot Summary

Muffins

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Time Devourer
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2005, 11:05:28 pm »
So, how and when did Lavos devour the original Dragon God?

Although Belsthsar contradicts me here. I've often believed that Lavos, consumed the Dragon God using the Frozen Flame's link. Also I've also thought of the term consumed not in the sense of "eating" so much as Lavos used it a way to drain the Dragon God's body of it's energy and thus eventually consume it's mind and soul. Problem is that under my thought under the matter Lavos/TD would have had to work quickly since it seems that at the most a week passes from the death of FATE to the fight against the Dragon God.

The fundementals of the idea is based off of FATE "consuming" Wazuki into it's own puppet. Only I figure the dragon god to fall quicker as Lavos/FF exploited the Dragon's hatred to be used as a tool whereas Wazuki was conquered but didn't want to bring harm.

Sociopathic Machine conquering pure heart therefore needs more time to corrupt then a Sociopathic Planet Core powered Monsterous being able to withstand wierd and inconsistent amounts of damage.

DeweyisOverrated

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
Time Devourer
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2005, 02:43:41 am »
That's an interesting point about Break/brake being brought up.  The two are similar, but also very different.

Brake would be time being brought to a standstill.  Basically, frozen.

Then Break would be time "shattering".  Maybe like, time periods get mixed together, or after getting to a certain point in time you can't go fruther cause there's nothing connecting it?  Lots of potential right there.

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
Time Devourer
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2005, 02:54:23 am »
Yeah, which Chrono would you expect better storyline? Would it complicate the beautiful CT storyline even more like CC?

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
Time Devourer
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2005, 02:57:55 am »
Quote from: Muffins
So, how and when did Lavos devour the original Dragon God?

Although Belsthsar contradicts me here. I've often believed that Lavos, consumed the Dragon God using the Frozen Flame's link. Also I've also thought of the term consumed not in the sense of "eating" so much as Lavos used it a way to drain the Dragon God's body of it's energy and thus eventually consume it's mind and soul. Problem is that under my thought under the matter Lavos/TD would have had to work quickly since it seems that at the most a week passes from the death of FATE to the fight against the Dragon God.

The fundementals of the idea is based off of FATE "consuming" Wazuki into it's own puppet. Only I figure the dragon god to fall quicker as Lavos/FF exploited the Dragon's hatred to be used as a tool whereas Wazuki was conquered but didn't want to bring harm.

Sociopathic Machine conquering pure heart therefore needs more time to corrupt then a Sociopathic Planet Core powered Monsterous being able to withstand wierd and inconsistent amounts of damage.

No, I thought that too. Though, I thought that it more happened when FATE first sealed the Dragon God. However it was done, maybe coming in contact or some attack or wish through it, the Dragon God's energy merged with Lavos. Though their conscience still existed in their hollow shells.

Harle seems to be the only true being who wasn't devoured and is more like a combination of all the dragons, she is their daughter after all.

AuraTwilight

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Time Devourer
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2005, 06:19:58 pm »
How is she a combination of the dragons? Sure, maybe the embodiment of their uncorrupted ambitions and ideals, but otherwise no.

And it's not Concience. It's Consciousness.

Kazuki

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
Time Devourer
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2005, 11:58:59 pm »
I don't remember anything even hinting in-game that she was some fusion of all the dragons...just that she was the, "daughter." Which doesn't imply much besides that she was created after the others. I don't believe she would retain traits from the other dragons; it's not as if they're reproducing like humans/other mammals...

Zaperking

• View Profile
Time Devourer
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2005, 12:35:12 am »
Well, we all know that the dragons created her on the night that they were temporarily free from their seal. I ment another word anyway. I know she's their daughter. She does have to be created from someones image to exist. That's why some people said her body is from Schala's DNA, her power consists of a bit of all the dragons. She has a tear (Blue Dragon), the flamey thingy on her eye (Red Dragon), her element is black (Black Dragon), She can fly/teleport (Sky Dragon), She has powdered make up (Yellow Dragon) and she is french.. umm... (Green Dragon) lol. That's just an example how it may work.

And she would need to have some sort of personality thing connect to the others, for they combine the lunar dragon, from which they all were once.

EDIT:
If you've ever listened to dragon god, the singing goes like this: Har-Lay, Har-lay moi don wa ma Har-Lay do don wa ma Har-Lay ma Har-Lay don wa ma Har-Lay.
The riff: (1:27)
Har-Lay, Har-Lay moi don wa ma Har-Lay do do wo Har-Lay do pa Har-Lay do don wa Har-Lay mo.

The last riff: (2:50)
Har-Lay, Har-Lay moi do wa ha Har-Lay, do wo Har-Lay do wo moi Har-Lay.

It's really hard to hear, but you can sure hear Harle if you listen closely. sometimes in the last riff, Moi is said without stopping in between Har-Lay, so it sounds like Maharleh.

P.S Where was Harle when the dragons merged :'(

Kazuki

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
Time Devourer
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2005, 12:51:39 am »
They apparantly weren't much concerned with subtlety when they created her...considering there are no harlequinns or really anybody else with much distinct, "french-ness." Pierre doesn't really count...

I have a question: Why is she automatically assumed to be demi-human in places such as Another's Arni and Marbule? From the surface, she doesn't really look that much different from a normal human. Unless the concept of makeup is otherwordly to them or something...

AuraTwilight

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Time Devourer
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2005, 02:43:16 am »
It could be some kind of mystical aura she has around her. as for where Harle was within the Dragon God, she just kind've faded into the core.

Zaperking

• View Profile
Time Devourer
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2005, 02:59:25 am »
When I said that about Harle, where was she in the FMV? She didn't appear there. She wasn't flying with the dragons. Unless the Sky Dragon had consumed her prior. Or they consumed her after the Dragon God was reproduced, to make the final Lunar Dragon. Poor Harle.

As for the demi-human thing, well - does she look fully human? Look at her red eyes, slender body. Not to mention that Demi-humans are pretty much half something half human. She's dragon half human i guess thats if you think that she's got Schala's DNA.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Time Devourer
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2005, 05:12:48 am »
Quote from: Kazuki
she doesn't really look that much different from a normal human.

Granted, you don't see much of her, plus her face is covered in all that damn make-up.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Time Devourer
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2005, 06:05:20 am »
Quote from: Zaperking
EDIT:
If you've ever listened to dragon god, the singing goes like this: Har-Lay, Har-lay moi don wa ma Har-Lay do don wa ma Har-Lay ma Har-Lay don wa ma Har-Lay.
The riff: (1:27)
Har-Lay, Har-Lay moi don wa ma Har-Lay do do wo Har-Lay do pa Har-Lay do don wa Har-Lay mo.

The last riff: (2:50)
Har-Lay, Har-Lay moi do wa ha Har-Lay, do wo Har-Lay do wo moi Har-Lay.

It's really hard to hear, but you can sure hear Harle if you listen closely. sometimes in the last riff, Moi is said without stopping in between Har-Lay, so it sounds like Maharleh.

P.S Where was Harle when the dragons merged :'(

You got to be kidding. The song is the same in the Japanese game, but Harle's name is Tsukiyomi. So...