Author Topic: Project in works but need help!  (Read 2992 times)

Crono_Zapper

Project in works but need help!
« on: September 10, 2005, 01:07:06 pm »
Well i've been trying to do this for quite a while now.  I was thinking I could make like a Chrono Cross Remake by using Temporal Flux and Changing Events and what not.  But when I try to import the sprites I want to use the palette is off and I can't seem 2 fix it.  I import like a sprite of Serge but when I import it with Tile Molester like his hair is blue purple and black or w/e but it comes out to be like orange or something.  I was wondering is there anyway to fix this so the palette comes out right?

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2005, 01:33:31 pm »
You'll have to modify the existing palettes of the player characters, I'm sure. I think those are stored in an around their uncompressed graphics in the ROM, but the offsets at http://www.chronocompendium.com/Term/Modification might be able to help you.

Chrono_Zapper

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2005, 02:30:46 pm »
Also wondering, would I still have to use ifran view? Because i used SNESpal and the color has not changed at all for Crono.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2005, 03:38:42 pm »
Did you change the right address? It looks like 240000   2417B7. I have no idea where Crono's palette is specifically in that one, but I think the process would be

Finding out how many colors Crono has in his palette
Having a Serge sprite that should probably use just as many colors
Changing Crono's palette to the Serge sprite's colors (you can use Irfanview to find out the specific colors, yes, as in that tutorial)
Importing the Serge sprite bitmap in Tile Molester

This is probably the extent to which I can help.