Author Topic: Revive elements/Dario question  (Read 2113 times)

Kazuki

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
Revive elements/Dario question
« on: September 11, 2005, 11:49:57 am »
Ok, so I'm trying to fight Dario, and I've found a strategy that works for the most part, but everytime he busts out dash and gash, either Serge or Riddel bites it (and grobycs minus a good 250-300 health). Since I only have 1 revive element, this is a bit of a pain, and I know more exist out there, so I was wondering if somebody knew the locations off hand.

Also, can Dario be fought later into the game? For example, I got tired of fighting him and went and killed the 'Polis Police. At any point of the game, does he become inaccessible or something? And does he become even stronger if you wait?

Zenning

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
Re: Revive elements/Dario question
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2005, 12:50:12 pm »
Quote from: Kazuki
Ok, so I'm trying to fight Dario, and I've found a strategy that works for the most part, but everytime he busts out dash and gash, either Serge or Riddel bites it (and grobycs minus a good 250-300 health). Since I only have 1 revive element, this is a bit of a pain, and I know more exist out there, so I was wondering if somebody knew the locations off hand.

Also, can Dario be fought later into the game? For example, I got tired of fighting him and went and killed the 'Polis Police. At any point of the game, does he become inaccessible or something? And does he become even stronger if you wait?

I defeated Dario just right before going to Terra Tower.

My only advice, other than stealing a "Black Plate" from the Black Dragon, is to not use White Elements on Dario; he always counters White Elements with a certain death attack.

...well, I guess you could use Elements like Strengthen (for attack) and HighRes (for defense), which improve your attributes temporarily. Eagle Eye (for Hit %) and Strong-Minded (for magic resistance) probably aren't a bad idea, either. Recover All and Heal All, hiked up a few levels, or ideal for healing. There aren't very many Revives in the game; and I think the shop that previously had them no longer has them at the point you are in the game...but try looking around shops for it anyway.

Another good Element is Diminish, which temporarily decreases Element damage from all characters by 50%. Using Diminish on Miguel worked wonders, especially when Miguel liked using triple threats, topped off with "Holy Dragon Sword."

Kazuki

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2005, 01:31:32 pm »
Hmm...I think I remember seeing somewhere in a guide that there are only 3 of them or something, but as far as I'm concerned, most of the CC gamefaqs guides are...iffy, to put it nicely.

Yeah, I never really tried diminish (I thought it wouldn't be significant enough for it to really do anything), but I guess I'm wrong  :D . The strategy that Luminaire told me was my most successful attempt (I had him on his knees for a while without him using recoverall), with using non black and white elements so he uses weaks status inducing elements in return.

One question...would Dario respond with "ConductaRod" if I used Diminish on him? I know it's a white element, but it's only affecting his status, not doing actual damage to him (and doesn't diminish/magnify affect everybody? I remember Sky dragon using magnify and it seemed like it affected everybody).

Zenning

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2005, 04:33:08 pm »
Quote from: Kazuki
Yeah, I never really tried diminish (I thought it wouldn't be significant enough for it to really do anything), but I guess I'm wrong  :D . The strategy that Luminaire told me was my most successful attempt (I had him on his knees for a while without him using recoverall), with using non black and white elements so he uses weaks status inducing elements in return.

One question...would Dario respond with "ConductaRod" if I used Diminish on him? I know it's a white element, but it's only affecting his status, not doing actual damage to him (and doesn't diminish/magnify affect everybody? I remember Sky dragon using magnify and it seemed like it affected everybody).

ACTUALLY, you're in luck! "Diminish" is a BLACK Element! I would'nt recommend using "Magnify." As a matter of fact, I wouldn't recommend using any offesnive Elements at all.

Dario won't counter with "ConductaRod" unless you use a White Element on him. Dario does counter when you cast other Elements on him though, but he just doesn't use "ConductaRod."

Like I said, you're probably going to want "Strengthen," "HighRes," "Eagle Eye," and "Strong Minded." Stick to physical attacks; "Strengthen" should allow you to do enough damage.,since "Diminish" is going to cut Element damage by 50%, and Dario just counters practically anytime you use an Element on him.

Of course, if "Diminish" doesn't work, run away and try it again until it does work. I wouldn't recommend using "TurnWhite" on Dario however, as it rarely ever works, and just makes him counter.

Let me know how it turns out!

Kazuki

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2005, 11:47:37 pm »
Hey, it worked! Diminshed was a lifesaver, it prevented "dash and gash" from killing Serge in one hit (considering he always seemed to target him with that attack), which helps alot (considering I've 1 revive element >_>).

Thanks for the advice  :D .

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2005, 09:22:37 am »
If you wanna risk it, you can essentially have an unlimited supply of Revive Elements available in battle. Use Sprigg and have her change into a Dodo. The Dodo has a Revive Element in it's grid. I think that if you change Sprigg back you can change her into a Dodo again and the Dodo grid will be refreshed...but that may be wrong...maybe you can't use Dopplegang twice in a battle...I don't remember...but that's at least one extra Revive!

Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2005, 09:29:46 am »
you might be better off waiting to fight him in newgame plus, although the extra damage from mastermune will realy help you in the remainder of the first run

Mystik3eb

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/dfscanl/index.html
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2005, 08:23:43 pm »
Eh, the Spectral Blade is stronger anyway.

And there are only 2 revives that I've seen through all my times going through it. I might be wrong, but I'm pretty positive.

And yeah, I would never attempt that battle without a black plate. Yikes! You can also fight him before you change back from Lynx, I believe (which I thought I heard several people choose to do to protect him from Dario's strength). Not sure, I don't remember if I ever fought him as Lynx, just that I've always fought him as Serge.

Luminaire85

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Cinema
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2005, 09:19:13 pm »
I usually take on Dario as soon as I can, because having the Mastermune is worth it. All that matters is that I have enough spaces on the element grids and enough not-black-or-white elements so that Dario never gets an attack off. No Black Plate required.

Dragoness

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2005, 09:20:47 pm »
Bah.

I beat him(as Lynx) with using every element that NOT black or white on him. o.o

I smack him around until the last hit thing, then used a element.

I had everyone do a element for their last attack.

Though, I did have some moments of "AHHHHHHHH! I AM GOING TO DIE!"

Thankfully, I didn't die and that when Riddel ran out of non black and white element, Karsh managed to get his element off. It was at the end when that happen. ;p

....And I didn't even use a black plate! ^_^ I did it without even fight any dragons.

I think the Spectral Blade is stronger by a little bit. o.o

Note: ...Did this even make sense? >_>

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2005, 08:05:45 am »
The Spectral Swallow (don't try and fancify Serge's gay weapons) has a slightly better ATK stat then the Mastermune, but since the Mastermune has an ungodly Critical Hit rate, it is the better weapon and more often causes more damage.

Mystik3eb

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2005, 09:43:03 am »
Hey...I LIKE the Swallow! It's my favorite weapon of anything anytime anywhere, I'll have you know! Especially since Kato envisioned it to be similar to an oar! Bahaha!

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2005, 10:17:33 am »
The double sided, bladed oar weapon is retarded...but i've gone over this too many times...

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2005, 12:10:27 pm »
Quote from: V_Translanka
The double sided, bladed oar weapon is retarded...but i've gone over this too many times...

Yeah, I think it would of been better to use Lynx's Scythe when you played as him.

Mystik3eb

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2005, 12:59:58 pm »
Quote from: nightmare975
Quote from: V_Translanka

Yeah, I think it would of been better to use Lynx's Scythe when you played as him.

Oh whizzers on you guys! =p