Author Topic: Hey Johnny.  (Read 9229 times)

AuraTwilight

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Hey Johnny.
« Reply #45 on: January 07, 2006, 10:36:58 pm »
About what? Johnny being a robotic street punk? ._. be more specific.

i hate street punks, they're just gangster wannabes who don't know what it really is like being ina gang, they just like the image of it. Being in a gang is horrible and is difficult to get out of.

Good GOD! What a horrible life a gang member must have! not like Johnny, a robot who is one of the few remaining sentient beings in a world where almost nothing, but living and mechanical, can survive. I mean, gangs are bad, sure, but I'm sure it's not so bad. I mean, you can still find food, "healthy" is a word in your vocabulary, you can comprehend what it means to have hope, and you can breathe the outside air.

Seriously, no one cares about your hate for street punks.

Lin_Zhen_Quan

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.happydragon.tk
Hey Johnny.
« Reply #46 on: January 08, 2006, 12:22:36 am »
They race, do stupid car tricks all the time. They vandalize things coz they think its cool. They steal for the fun of it rather than needing it. They beat up defenseless people for no good reason. I am sure many people share the same hatred of mine for street punks.

kennyj2003

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Hey Johnny.
« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2006, 04:27:36 am »
Not to mention actual gangbanging where they uhhh beat them first them rape them. Very real. Not cool.

Tonjevic

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
Hey Johnny.
« Reply #48 on: January 08, 2006, 10:56:08 am »
Quote from: AuraTwilight
About what? Johnny being a robotic street punk? ._. be more specific.

About his perception of gangs. A large part of the whole gang phsychie is peer pressure. People, for a large part are pressured into gangs, even if they dont want to be, or join gangs because they dont want to be left behind socially.
There is a large Stigma associated with young people, in that any gathering of people may be looked down upon as a gnag, with only the intent for larceny and mayhem, no matter how innocent the group actually is.
Personally I think that Lin_Zhen_Quan is taking quite a narrow view on the social heirachy of street kids, and the psychological problems that they face.

AuraTwilight

• View Profile
Hey Johnny.
« Reply #49 on: January 08, 2006, 01:50:57 pm »
Hmm...seems like someone is basing his judgement off STEREOTYPES! :O Yea mmkay, you can really shut up now. No more hatred-of-people-you've-never-met, please.

Tonjevic

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
Hey Johnny.
« Reply #50 on: January 08, 2006, 02:16:05 pm »
Oh, but I enjoy hating people. And I've had a hard week. Nah. Just kidding.
But I'm not steriotyping, I have had first hand experience of these things, I have worked with troubled young people before, and I do know at least SOME of te situation that is going on.

AuraTwilight

• View Profile
Hey Johnny.
« Reply #51 on: January 09, 2006, 06:36:13 pm »
I was speaking to everyone in general, but even still. There's still millions of people you've never met. You can't judge them ALL by the few that's given you trouble.

Tonjevic

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
Hey Johnny.
« Reply #52 on: January 10, 2006, 12:24:09 am »
Well, no. Of couse not. I can only speak for a small demographic. But I think I, at least, had a less narrow and steriotypical view than Lin_Zhen_Quan.

Lin_Zhen_Quan

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.happydragon.tk
Hey Johnny.
« Reply #53 on: January 11, 2006, 03:10:54 am »
my hatred is from personal experience

AuraTwilight

• View Profile
Hey Johnny.
« Reply #54 on: January 11, 2006, 07:46:44 pm »
So you've had a bad run with a few of them. Have you met them ALL? Have you read their MINDS? No? Then keep it off the forums.

God, not even I was that closeminded.

Magus Complex

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Hey Johnny.
« Reply #55 on: January 12, 2006, 11:55:36 am »
*Sees that someone has mistakenly switched the thread button from On Topic to Off Topic, switchs button back to On Topic*

It seems to me that Johnny was destroyed by Highwayman, he doesn't seem to be the type of robot to just sit down and let rust set in while he awaits the end of exsistence.

As for his origin, it seems to me, because of his burning desire to find a challenge on the race track, that he was originally built as a racing robot to entertain the masses.  I think he was programmed with the personality to want such a challenge.

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
Hey Johnny.
« Reply #56 on: January 12, 2006, 06:11:39 pm »
I always saw Johnny more as a mystic with robotic parts..

AuraTwilight

• View Profile
Hey Johnny.
« Reply #57 on: January 12, 2006, 06:44:33 pm »
in 2300 AD? Not a chance. That part of the timeline is strictly sci-fi besides the magic the heroes use.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Hey Johnny.
« Reply #58 on: January 12, 2006, 07:00:00 pm »
If he were a Mystic, Johnny's corpse in the Dead Sea wouldn't appear like it appears in CC, after 10,000 years of decay.

Mystik3eb

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/dfscanl/index.html
Hey Johnny.
« Reply #59 on: January 13, 2006, 01:33:10 am »
Mystic machines? What???