Author Topic: Another Eden's Ashtear  (Read 296 times)

ForTex

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Another Eden's Ashtear
« on: July 17, 2024, 06:10:45 am »
Seeing as there is some nice lore and stories in Another Eden related to the Chrono Universe, I thought to make a post about Professor Ashtear.

As most of you know, she's a direct reference to Lucca Ashtear, and aside from the Chrono Cross crossover, one of the most direct ones.

However, according to sidequest in the Chrono Cross story in AE, it is stated by Kid, that although she reminds her very very much of Lucca (she even mistakenly calls her Lucca), she is not her. See this video for the side quest: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrLVRwg6Tm4 . Note that the Ashtear in this story is actually (or should be) "Parallel" Ashtear, and the recruitable Ashtear is in the "main" dimension.

Now, regarding her appearance, she couldnt really be much closer to Lucca:

Only difference I can see, is the eye colour. The robot btw is "Korobo", which you save during the story and can serve as a "sidekick" for the party. No relation to Robo though.

Regarding skills, she has:

Guarding/Shielding/Barrier Force: Deploy Defense Wall + Give a Barrier Status to all party members
Dimension Bomb: Stack 5 Dimension Bomb on all enemies, End of Turn: Fire type magic attack on all enemies scaled by number of Dimension Bombs stacked
Sleep Gas: Inflict Sleep on all enemies and Fire Type Resistance -30%
Stress Test: Power of user +30% and Intelligence +30% (3 turns) + Stacks 3 Material on user
Repair Kit: Restore all party members by 25% of Max HP (improves with Material)

Compared to Lucca (see https://chrono.fandom.com/wiki/Lucca#Techs):
Protect: Boost ally's Defense.
Megaton Bomb/Napalm: Blast enemies within a circle.
Flare/Fire II/Fire: Attack enemy(s) with fire.
Flamethrower: Burn enemies along a direct line.
Hypnowave: Put all enemies to sleep.

I think it is safe to say her skills also match quite well.

As for her story, Professor Ashtear is originally from the Future era of the game, where he has worked alongside Professor Chronos and Professor Madoka, who are the parents of Eden and Cecile (i.e. ~Aldo and Feynne). When a project goes awry and the family is sent back in time to different eras, Ashtear has already travelled to Aldo and Feynne's era to look after them. It is said that she is like a big sister to them. I'm a bit fuzzy on all the details, but it is also stated that Ashtear had a family (and an adopted sister) in the future era.

What do you think? Originally at launch she was just a Lucca looking character named Ashtear in Baruoki, but interestingly her role in the plot increased. I haven't read through her lines to see whether she hints anything Chrono related.

One possibility is that she is Lucca's daughter/granddaughter etc., which would explain the name while not knowing Kid etc.

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
Re: Another Eden's Ashtear
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2024, 02:03:06 am »
There's certainly more to Ashtear yet to be revealed. Considering the more recent revelations that she's actually from the Hollow Time Layer. Which does beg the question. Where is her counterpart of the main one, then? Is there even any to begin with? There's still one last part of Volume III of the main story to be released. I wonder what else may reveal about her...

As an aside, I doubt she's meant to have a relation with the original Lucca beyond "alternate version".