Author Topic: Lavos in 600AD  (Read 7428 times)

PhantomBPR

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Lavos in 600AD
« on: September 22, 2005, 01:42:56 pm »
If Magus summond Lavos in 600AD, then why didn't Lavos destroy the world then? I have my own ideas, but I want to hear yours.

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
Lavos in 600AD
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2005, 04:48:59 pm »
The main belief is that Lavos had not drained enough energy from the planet yet, and that it was only getting rid of Magus because he was summoning it.

AuraTwilight

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Lavos in 600AD
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2005, 07:34:01 pm »
And the fact that he wasn't ready to reproduce yet. Lavos' goal isn't to destroy the world, but to reproduce and give better genes to his children. If he has to take down a planet to do that, so be it.

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
Lavos in 600AD
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2005, 10:59:51 pm »
That's only your own thought. I would have thought that yeah, Lavos needs offspring like everything, but once it has enough energy, he'd probably want to leave the planet again.

Kazuki

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
Lavos in 600AD
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2005, 11:14:34 pm »
Quote from: Zaperking
That's only your own thought. I would have thought that yeah, Lavos needs offspring like everything, but once it has enough energy, he'd probably want to leave the planet again.

I don't see how this disagrees with Aura's post...

What he's saying is that Lavos's main goal = reproduction, not world destruction. That's just a by-product of the whole process. You're saying he'll want to leave the planet after producing offspring; well yeah, he probably will due to the exhausted resources/energies of the current planet he resides on. I don't see how you're disagreeing with anybody (which is implied when you say, "That's only your own thought.")

Crono_Maniac

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Lavos in 600AD
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2005, 06:54:29 pm »
It is my belief that Magus had merely drawn himself into the Lavos pocket dimension.

Dyne

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
    • http://dyne.technoized.com
Lavos in 600AD
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2005, 07:05:28 pm »
Yeah, I don't think a hero slain Magus but instead he was slain by Lavos when he was trying to summon him. The hero probably... I dunno, just said that he killed Magus. Whatever. I am referring to the Lavos timeline, not the Crono and co. one...

But uh, yeah. Lavos wasn't ready to destroy the world yet and decided to wait before he became a blossoming woman. Oh yeah. <3

Kazuki

• View Profile
Lavos in 600AD
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2005, 10:50:40 pm »
Yeah, I don't think a hero slain Magus but instead he was slain by Lavos when he was trying to summon him. The hero probably... I dunno, just said that he killed Magus. Whatever. I am referring to the Lavos timeline, not the Crono and co. one...

A given. Considering nobody was there to stop Magus from summoning Lavos, it's obvious that the story of a hero killing him was fabricated when they realized that he had disappeared off of the face of the Earth.

Crono_Maniac

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Lavos in 600AD
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2005, 09:27:43 pm »
Contradicting my previous theory, perhaps Frog would have gone to slay Magus.  His self-asteem might have plummeted after Crono and co. helped him.  Some people's pride works like that.  He might have gone to the bar because he was feeling lowly, where he dropped the Hero Medal.

Kazuki

• View Profile
Lavos in 600AD
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2005, 09:40:57 pm »
Which timeline? If you're referring to the Lavos timeline, we can somewhat safely say that Magus was killed by Lavos, as there wasn't anybody to interrupt his summoning (it would be impossible for the Masamune to be forged without Crono and crew.'s time travelling).

In the Keystone timelines, that's up in the air...with no real evidence pointing towards or against.

Sentenal

• View Profile
Lavos in 600AD
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2005, 10:25:00 pm »
Although Frog may have played a large role had Crono and co not have been there (in the original timeline), I think it would have been limited to the Battle of Zenan Bridge.  The story of the Hero was what people in 600ad talked about, and predicted would save them.  The people in 1000ad (to my knowledge) never said a Hero defeated Magus.

Crono_Maniac

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Lavos in 600AD
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2005, 10:29:51 pm »
The people in 1000ad (to my knowledge) never said a Hero defeated Magus.

Good point Sentinal.  I was merely theorizing.  It is my belief that Magus figured out a spell to go to the Lavos PD.  But this raises a question, if Magus can travel beyond time, you would think he would be able to travel to a different time and space coordinate.  He would be able to travel to The End of Time, the time of Zeal's downfall, he could go back to the Ocean Palace and rescue Schala.

Sentenal

• View Profile
Lavos in 600AD
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2005, 10:35:47 pm »
Magus was said to have summoned Lavos, not transport himself to Lavos.

Theicedragon

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Lavos in 600AD
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2005, 05:06:29 pm »
It's very simple why he didn't destroy the planet when magus summoned him. I'll use this analogy.  When you are sleeping and a fly lands on your face, you just swat it off. You don't wake up in a rage and destroy your room. Magus was a fly that interupted his sleep.

Mystik3eb

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/dfscanl/index.html
Lavos in 600AD
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2005, 05:11:31 pm »
Quote from: Theicedragon
It's very simple why he didn't destroy the planet when magus summoned him. I'll use this analogy.  When you are sleeping and a fly lands on your face, you just swat it off. You don't wake up in a rage and destroy your room. Magus was a fly that interupted his sleep.

Brilliant accuracy, my good sir. I couldn't have described it better myself.

I did have a thought, though: what if it was indeed possible for Frog to defeat Magus, on his own, without the Masamune? He did it in 12,000 BC (if you so chose), though granted he was (potentially) alot stronger because of his travels with Crono and crew. But who's to say Frog didn't level up for days and days in Magus' castle, eventually becoming more powerful than he probably would've been had Crono and crew fought with him, along with the use of the Masamune??

:wink: