Poll

Do you mind whether bands are old or not?

YES. Old bands are crap. Stop living in the past
0 (0%)
No
12 (80%)
No. Anything new automatically sucks
3 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Voting closed: September 26, 2005, 09:34:18 am

Author Topic: Music  (Read 2868 times)

cupn00dles

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Beneath this mask there is more than flesh.
    • View Profile
Music
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2005, 10:27:07 am »
Sorry, repeated post, stupid connection - -"

BlueThunder

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
Music
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2005, 12:45:04 pm »
Quote from: Burning Zeppelin
Its nice to see that people arent afraid of old music. Two of my friends go "stop living in the past. All your hippy music is gay" And they also believe any song over 4:30 is crap. That means that according to them Stairway to Heaven, Comfortably Numb.

Why are you still friends with them.Comfortably Numb and Stair Way to Heaven are such awesome songs.

Kazuki

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
Music
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2005, 08:34:43 pm »
Quote from: BlueThunder
Quote from: Burning Zeppelin
Its nice to see that people arent afraid of old music. Two of my friends go "stop living in the past. All your hippy music is gay" And they also believe any song over 4:30 is crap. That means that according to them Stairway to Heaven, Comfortably Numb.

Why are you still friends with them.Comfortably Numb and Stair Way to Heaven are such awesome songs.

Oh, man...I cannot dignify hearing "Stairway to Heaven" described as a great song. What exactly is so great about it? To me it's a huge bore.

And also, what the hell are you talking about? Every little tween in existance is latching on to this "Older rock = so cool l0lz" trend, even if they know nothing about the bands that they're wearing merchandise of (I saw somebody with a Bob Marley t-shirt and I asked them if they knew what genre of music he played and they replied with Punk Rock  :? ...)

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Music
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2005, 08:42:17 pm »
Quote from: Kazuki

Oh, man...I cannot dignify hearing "Stairway to Heaven" described as a great song. What exactly is so great about it? To me it's a huge bore.

Well they only play it on the radio so the dj can take a shit. :lol:

BlueThunder

• View Profile
Music
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2005, 10:10:32 pm »
That is half true they also play it for other things.

Kazuki

• View Profile
Music
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2005, 10:32:14 pm »
Dude, Nightmare was kidding...

BlueThunder

• View Profile
Music
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2005, 10:34:23 pm »
I don't think he was I heard that on the radio and after the song I heard dead air.

Kazuki

• View Profile
Music
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2005, 10:55:29 pm »
...You gotta be kidding me...you think Nightmare was serious...? Um, are we looking at the same forums, here?

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Music
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2005, 11:19:42 pm »
No, it's true. Technecly(misspelled). Back in the days of old, when the song first came on, the dj's used that time to "drop a few pounds". Nowadays, the is a mere joke towards the old days, now with computers the dj can shit anytime he wants.

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
Music
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2005, 12:26:32 am »
Damn, this reminds me of a website a saw and it said one dj played stairway to heaven 24/7 and the police came because they thought Saddam took hostage of the place. prob a joke, but...meh

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
Music
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2005, 04:20:05 am »
Just cause the list is easily accessable, here's my MySpace Music list! Not that I don't include ye ol composers or a lot of the older rock bands like I mentioned in my first post...weird!

The White Stripes, Prozzäk, Head Automatica, Björk, Rasputina, Daft Punk, Garbage, Genitorturers, Lords of Acid, KMFDM, Children of the Monkey Machine, Beatdrop, Queens of the Stone Age, Yasunori Mitsuda, Nobuo Uematsu, Primal Scream, Cake, Primus, PJ Harvey, Fiona Apple, The Shins, The Living End, Ours, Crystal Method, The Aquabats, Ween, Monster Magnet, Marilyn Manson, Cypress Hill, Ice Cube, NWA, X-Raided, Ludacris, Tech N9ne, Insane Clown Posse, Kottonmouth Kings, Schoolyard Heroes, Outkast, and more!

Ah, why not? Here's just a link to my MySpace. No reason...just cause.

BlueThunder

• View Profile
Music
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2005, 09:52:12 pm »
Dude Myspace sucks big time.

Kazuki

• View Profile
Music
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2005, 10:23:37 pm »
And so do one sentence replies not really relating with the topic offhand =P.

Anyways, interesting music array, V_T (Though I'd disagrew with ICP, AquaBats, and Marilyn Manson >_>.)

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
Music
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2005, 01:50:52 am »
Quote from: BlueThunder
Dude Myspace sucks big time.

You're tellin' me. Preachin' to the quire dude...

Quote from: Kazuki
Anyways, interesting music array, V_T (Though I'd disagrew with ICP, AquaBats, and Marilyn Manson >_>.)

While I know that ICP & Marilyn Manson can be extremes...I don't think I've ever met anyone who actually didn't like The Aquabats...>_> I mean, sure people who didn't think they were their type of music and that they were weird, but just didn't like them at all? Of all of those, they'd be in my Top 10 easy...probably 5 even...

Oh yeah, and since I posted that I've nixed Outkast (I dun really like the songs that I like it seems) and put Stabbing Westward in...But man, I need to add so many others...I forgot Tenacious D! O_o

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
Music
« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2005, 01:55:02 am »
V, you are living the American Dream and don't even know it. =P