Author Topic: Moon Discrepancy  (Read 14311 times)

Legend of the Past

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Moon Discrepancy
« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2006, 02:38:40 am »
If he said something different about it, that is.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Moon Discrepancy
« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2006, 11:51:35 am »
Well, the developers stated that the North American version was supervised by Kato himself to avoid errors and to clarify some things that were ambiguous in the Japanese game (like Belthasar forseeing the whole Project Kid, it's clear in the NA version but it was less evident in the Japanese version). And so far, I'm pretty sure we never spoted any translation error in the NA version (even the "TimeDevourer" Dragon God wasn't a mistake), so I don't think the Japanese version would say something more precise about the Dragon Gods and the stars.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Re: Moon Discrepancy
« Reply #47 on: August 11, 2006, 07:42:35 pm »
This entire moon stuff still makes me mad and confused. The most logical solution is that the Time Crash resulted in the planet simply pulling the moon out of the Reptite Dimension, effectively disrupting the living crap out of their world probably as a result. Otherwise, we've got this superfluous moon and a weird quote by Belthasar. I need suggestions, and fast.

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Jean-Luc Picard says "It's time for Chrono Break".
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 11, 2006, 07:57:37 pm »
The moon is a mystery. It could be connected to a lot of things...

It may be an important element in the next game in the Chrono series. It may be a hidden space station where people in the future regulate the flow of time so that everything is in sync. The moon is red, which increases my confusion. Why red? Is it reflecting something, is it a huge chunk of Dreamstone...

We should create an analysis thread where everyone throws out their suggestion. Then Zeality can combine everything into one big master list. We can then compare and contrast from the Chronoverse to the suggested moon idea.

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 11, 2006, 09:05:34 pm »
Well, like I said earlier.

The Dark Moon can't exactally be from the Dragonian dimension because it is red, and also smaller. If the Reptite Dimension is the CT dimension, except that this time around Lavos did not land, then the land would be the same, and the satellite.

For that reason, I think the Dark Moon is almost like an element that represents Harle. Harle isn't just one element at heart. 6 different ones are composed of her. Not to mention that her power seems to derive from the moon itself with her techniques. And is always stated as the Dark Moon Dragon God.

The only other thing that I could think of is that Harle being created caused the moon to change (like it may have been identical to the CT moon). After all, each of the Dragons does have it's own celestial counterpart. And surely, Belthasar wasn't speaking about it for no reason. Those 5 celestial bodies may power them, or are also a represenation of their power. Maybe their some kind of elemental stars, or have a life link with each dragon, I don't know.

AuraTwilight

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 12, 2006, 04:34:31 pm »
The Dark Moon can't exactally be from the Dragonian dimension because it is red, and also smaller. If the Reptite Dimension is the CT dimension, except that this time around Lavos did not land, then the land would be the same, and the satellite.

Not nessessarily true. For all we know, Lavos' impact created the Moon, but without his presence in the Reptite dimension, some other meteor hit and made a different moon. Or maybe Lavos in the Reptite dimension crashed into the moon in the Reptite dimension, changed it into the Dark Moon, then died from lack of food. Or maybe the moon just plain got mutated in the dimensional transfer. Who knows?

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 12, 2006, 05:26:35 pm »
I forgot that Kato said the moon came about WITH Dinopolis. This means that either the moon was sucked out of the Dragonian dimension or something else is at work. Regardless, this simplifies things.

Zaperking

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 12, 2006, 08:18:15 pm »
I can't think of the Moon coming in with Dinopolis because that would not be equivalent exchange. Chronopolis went into the past, and Dinopolis was sent into counter measure it's medling, and hence bring about a new future.

Maybe it's possible that the celestial item for the Dragon God is the Dark Moon, and that it's connected to it. Bringing it in caused that moon to come in. Then, when they were split apart, and then Harle was made, she gained it's full power. Harle, after all, is the combination of all 6 dragons. So she pretty much is The Dragon God.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 12, 2006, 08:32:12 pm »
Is that why she was pretty easy to beat compared to the Dragon God, and even expressed woe over having to obey the Dragon God's will?

Zaperking

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 13, 2006, 07:38:58 am »
Mind you, I doubt she was fighting all on and was that simple to beat. Remember, Harle works for the Dragon God, and the Dragon Gods need Serge to get the Frozen Flame. Why would Harle use her full power to finish him off if she needs him to live? Duh.

Anyway, Her sorrow is what proves that she is the closest thing to the Dragon God. She actually feels emotion, the emotion that the planet can feel. Harle, no doubt, is not only crying about not being able to journey with Serge, but also because she is using him and because she knows what will happen should her brothers and sisters reunite and get their hands on the flame (bye bye humans).

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 13, 2006, 10:42:29 am »
The Dragon God is connected to the planet, not moons or astral bodies.

AuraTwilight

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 13, 2006, 03:13:45 pm »
Yea, you're putting a bit too much significance on Harle and expolating her power. She was just a component for the Dragon God's completion made to masquerade as a human or demi-human. She's associated with the Dark Moon probably because it was already there, otherwise she'd get a star. Not to mention that the connections are symbolic only. They have no spiritual ties to the astral bodies.

As for Harle's emotion, that's not coming from the planet. It's coming from herself. The irony is that she's the most human of any of the Dragon Gods, based on Schala's DNA and everything.

Zaperking

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 13, 2006, 06:56:34 pm »
Yea, you're putting a bit too much significance on Harle and expolating her power. She was just a component for the Dragon God's completion made to masquerade as a human or demi-human. She's associated with the Dark Moon probably because it was already there, otherwise she'd get a star. Not to mention that the connections are symbolic only. They have no spiritual ties to the astral bodies.

As for Harle's emotion, that's not coming from the planet. It's coming from herself. The irony is that she's the most human of any of the Dragon Gods, based on Schala's DNA and everything.
Don't make her seem so useless.
Anyway, shes not necessarily a component, but she does have her mission. She has to get the Flame from Chronopolis, and then her brothers and sisters would be free to merge. She did not necessarily have to merge with them. One of the endings where the Dragon God merges has Harle not merged with them at Marbule with the Sage and Serge in Lynx's body.
I know it's symbolic, but we already have so many quotes on her and the moon, and her power is that of the Dark Moon. If it didn't exist, would she be able to use her skills? She obviously has manipulation over the Dark Moon and it's light (hence she has Moon Beams and Lunateric). If Belthasar wanted to make sence, he should have said something more along the lines of "One star split into 6, combined they made the 7th" as an example. The problem is that Belthasar doesn't give the one Dragon God an astral body of it's own, unless the Dark Moon is that, and we know that Harle is almost like a mini combined Dragon God in her own right.

What I was meaning by her emotion is that if she, like Razzly can feel the planets sorrow, then Harle would be the true Dragon God - the uncorrupt one as everyone seems to think about the Dragon God being tainted by Lavos. Schala's part would have played when Harle would have been crying about leaving Serge, because she has to stick to her kin (reminds you of Schala eh and how she couldn't disobey her mother).
The Dragon God is connected to the planet, not moons or astral bodies.
But everything in the planet is a part of the planets elements, and the Dragons are just that. Had there been no Ultranova's in the universe, then how would a dragon based on those powers be able to exist when the planet itself is not a galaxy and is not able to reproduce that. The planet may have gravity, but it surely isn't a black hole.
Remember, the dragons are the biological incarnates of the elements. Heck, the fire dragon was standing in Lava and wasn't getting hurt.
Also, I bet there are other power spots in the CT universe. Starky can surely use magic, yet he's not from the planet originally, and neither would I think that he just walked into a town and bought himself some elements.

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 14, 2006, 06:50:39 am »
She obviously has manipulation over the Dark Moon and it's light (hence she has Moon Beams and Lunateric).

And Lynx has Forever Zero, so that means he can end the universe quicker than you can say 'owned'?

I know it's symbolic, but we already have so many quotes on her and the moon, and her power is that of the Dark Moon. If it didn't exist, would she be able to use her skills?

YES! The Dragons are WEAPONS made by the Dragonians. They're not some ancient superweapon the Entity made to kill Lavos. They don't draw their power from the moon or the stars. They simply symbolize them, because when the Dragon God was created he was ONE entity. Obviously, the celestial bodies that symbolize it were chosen during or after the Dragons were split, which means it shouldn't have any impact on their powers, meaning it's symbolism, nothing more, nothing else.

AuraTwilight

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 14, 2006, 03:56:32 pm »
Don't make her seem so useless.

Don't make her seem so useful.

Anyway, shes not necessarily a component, but she does have her mission. She has to get the Flame from Chronopolis, and then her brothers and sisters would be free to merge. She did not necessarily have to merge with them. One of the endings where the Dragon God merges has Harle not merged with them at Marbule with the Sage and Serge in Lynx's body.

She's a component. She's needed to complete the Dragon God. This is fact. It's also fact that alternate endings in the Chrono Series don't have to take into account other facts. For example, the Frog marrying Lenne ending.

I know it's symbolic, but we already have so many quotes on her and the moon, and her power is that of the Dark Moon. If it didn't exist, would she be able to use her skills? She obviously has manipulation over the Dark Moon and it's light (hence she has Moon Beams and Lunateric). If Belthasar wanted to make sence, he should have said something more along the lines of "One star split into 6, combined they made the 7th" as an example. The problem is that Belthasar doesn't give the one Dragon God an astral body of it's own, unless the Dark Moon is that, and we know that Harle is almost like a mini combined Dragon God in her own right.

Yes, she'd still have her skills. They'd just have different names, I guess. The Dragon God's astral bodies would be all seven.

What I was meaning by her emotion is that if she, like Razzly can feel the planets sorrow, then Harle would be the true Dragon God - the uncorrupt one as everyone seems to think about the Dragon God being tainted by Lavos. Schala's part would have played when Harle would have been crying about leaving Serge, because she has to stick to her kin (reminds you of Schala eh and how she couldn't disobey her mother).

Harle has never demonstrated empathizing with the planet. And if she was, then she wouldn't be trying to get the Frozen Flame because it's like...THE LAST thing the Planet wants. But yea, her behavior is heavily influenced by Schala's DNA.