Author Topic: Did crono die when porre attacked  (Read 36504 times)

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
Did crono die when porre attacked
« Reply #105 on: August 06, 2005, 12:25:16 am »
Quote from: kazmaka
Quote from: DeweyisOverrated

Obviously, I have no problem with people thinking that theory, I jsut personally don't agree with it, for the above reasons.

thankyou, thats the kind of attitude i would expect people to have.

kazmaka, just because people disagree w/your theories and want more evidence to try and understand your POV, this doesn't mean they do not agree w/what DewiyisOverrated said here.

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 06, 2005, 12:28:50 am »
Quote from: Sentenal
Its really hard to read your post.  Grammar helps.

Magus' magic never went away, not even in Radical Dreamers.

There is no real proof. One of the first spells her uses is "inferno" which is an element... He's probably tapped into both. Elements and Magic. But elements in Radical Dreams are called Magic anyway Oo.

And don't say "Shut Up" in a debate topic. It disproves all debating skills and isn't a good way to go about it.

Sentenal

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 06, 2005, 12:30:55 am »
In the RD universe, I'm pretty sure they are refered to as Magic Spells, are they not?

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 06, 2005, 12:40:31 am »
He also uses Dark Mist, doesn't he? And yeah, everyone can use Elements...And Elements ARE Magical...they just aren't the same sort of Magical as the CT 4-Way Magic...:?

Sentenal

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 06, 2005, 12:58:33 am »
I would just like to put the final nail in the coffin of the arguement that Spekkio gives Crono and Co magic.  After you do his little walk around the room stunt, and the characters gain the ability to use magic, it says:
Crono learns to use magic!

And so on for the other character.  Learns.  They had the ability, they just needed to be able to use it.

kazmaka

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 06, 2005, 06:03:38 am »
okay they usually do this, but they may have wanted you to use imagination? put in some very sly clues and expect you to figure out the rest. they never tell you who or what the entity is but most of you wont hesitate to say its the planet.

The entity being the planet does have actual physical evidence, via the Japanese version.  But its identity really doesn't matter.

And Crono actually being in this game would have been a REALLY big part of the story, and yet they never even implied it.  Its fine if you want to use you imagination, but for big story elements, they spell it out for you.
[/quote]

the identity the entity is pretty important and a lot of other theories youve made are based on it, crono being in the game isnt a big part of it, the only relevance CT has to CC is the fact that crono killed lavos, apart from that there is no reason why crono should be mentioned very much in the game.

kazmaka, just because people disagree w/your theories and want more evidence to try and understand your POV, this doesn't mean they do not agree w/what DewiyisOverrated said here.

are you sure you know what i meant here? everyone here except dewiy has said your idea has no chance in hell of being valid, which is not an attitude i would expect from you when probably at least half of your theories dont have much physical evidence.

And don't say "Shut Up" in a debate topic. It disproves all debating skills and isn't a good way to go about it.

everything he was saying was meaningless, i would hardly of called it debating.

And so on for the other character. Learns. They had the ability, they just needed to be able to use it.

reading thta quote i would say it is even more likely spekkio taught them magic in some way, they learnt it from him, it doesnt say spekkio unlocked there potential to use magic, thanks for the quote it makes me more confident in my opinion.

Zaperking

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 06, 2005, 06:26:23 am »
I was talking about people saying "shut Up" to you...

kazmaka

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 06, 2005, 06:27:46 am »
o, well thx ^^, and sorry ^^.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 06, 2005, 11:05:26 am »
are you sure you know what i meant here? everyone here except dewiy has said your idea has no chance in hell of being valid, which is not an attitude i would expect from you when probably at least half of your theories dont have much physical evidence.

I dunno 'bout that...I see it more as people are just saying, "What are you talking about? How do you think that's possible?"...And that last statement makes it kind of circular...but w/e...What theories do you speak? Plausibility also factors in w/in game evidence. Ockham's Razor 'n' all...

I think the more important part of that quote is "to use" not "learns". As in he learns to use it. He doesn't learn it itself right there from Spekkio, only, he learns how to use it. i.e. he can thusly, after learning how to use it, learn Magic itself, which he does, on his travels through battling. Spekkio himself/itself does not directly teach Crono any Magic.

kazmaka

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 06, 2005, 11:33:23 am »
well he does on the spot learn lightning/ice/water/fire, but still spekkio teaches him how to use magic, he doesnt unlock crono's potential to use it, it is because spekkio taught them how to use magic that they are able to refine it and learn stronger spells.

Sentenal

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 06, 2005, 02:29:18 pm »
well he does on the spot learn lightning/ice/water/fire, but still spekkio teaches him how to use magic, he doesnt unlock crono's potential to use it, it is because spekkio taught them how to use magic that they are able to refine it and learn stronger spells.

Do we have a flip flop?  I though Spekkio gave them their magic.  Now they had it all along, just needed it taught to them?

And you 'theory' have no chance in hell.  You have the right to make them, just when people have impossible theories, I point them out.

And Zaper, I'd just like to be the one to point out that kazmaka was the one with the "or shut up" line.

kazmaka

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 06, 2005, 04:38:09 pm »
not entirely sure of the meaning of that post, but how is it impossible? i dont understand that. and you saying that my theory is impossible is basically telling me to shut up about it, cos you dont give a dam, cos its "impossible".

Zaperking

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 06, 2005, 08:40:05 pm »

And Zaper, I'd just like to be the one to point out that kazmaka was the one with the "or shut up" line.

Oo, Sorry too then. It's hard to understand who's quote is who's when the Quote button is stuffing up for people Oo

Anyway, The point is to not use any form of put downs in a debate. Everyones opinion should be heard, and the debated.

Sentenal

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 06, 2005, 09:23:10 pm »
not entirely sure of the meaning of that post, but how is it impossible? i dont understand that. and you saying that my theory is impossible is basically telling me to shut up about it, cos you dont give a dam, cos its "impossible".

Because you are making evidence to suit the theory, not making the theory to suit the evidence.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 07, 2005, 04:36:00 am »
Saying that something is impossible is not some kind of negative put-down. Either way, you shouldn't be so emotional about it...We're just theorizing for god's sake...Damn, when will they hurry up w/Crimson Echoes so I'm not the only one here pointing out this obvoius crap?