Author Topic: Did crono die when porre attacked  (Read 36506 times)

DeweyisOverrated

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
Did crono die when porre attacked
« Reply #135 on: August 07, 2005, 05:30:08 pm »
I've always understood it as the "descendants" of Chronopolis, as most of the people of El Nido are.

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 07, 2005, 06:25:52 pm »
People of Termina are the decendants of Porrean settlement. Arni is the decendants of Chronopolis. Though, there would be some decendants of Chronopolis mixed with the Porreans at Termina. A few soldiers probably want some fun with the local women xD

GrayLensman

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 07, 2005, 10:20:11 pm »
Quote from: Sentenal
Quote from: kazmaka
no he hadnt died in 1000 something AD, but you would expect him to be dead around 2300AD, or whenver the dead sea is based.

You missing the point.  Miguel had not died.  Yet you still see the Crono-ghost.  Crono cannot have a ghost until he dies, and he has not died, since hes Miguel.

Miguel is FROZEN in time in the Dead Sea.  There is no future version of him to be Crono's ghost.

kazmaka

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 08, 2005, 07:06:24 am »
Quote from: AuraTwilight
Crono and Miguel have nothing in common anyway. It's ridiculous that this debate got that far. What would a king (if you saw the ending to the PSX version of CT) be doing on some foreign island having children with another woman?

okay to much to quote, since when was i saying crono was having children with another woman?

So, Crono living 1,300 years isn't relevant, as all you would have to do is step into the area. Keep in mind, Miguel is also from the 1,000 A.D. era, and he wouldn'y have lived that long either.

i think you missed the point, unless your assuming the ghost of crono went into the dead sea from 1000AD, which im not, im saying the ghost of crono is from the 2300AD era where he was dead.

There's a simple way to fix this. After Lynx leaves, Miguel says: "My dear Leena... May you live in an happier tommorow." Crono has nothing to do with Leena. And if you connect the facts that Marge said that Wazuki and Leena's father went to Chronopolis, you see Miguel with Wazuki in Chronopolis, and he says the Leena bit after death, it's safe to say Miguel is just Leena's father, Wazuki's best friend, and has nothing to with the hero of time, Crono.

im intrigued how you used that evidence to make that assumption.

Who knows, maybe he left his hot, powerful hero of time wife and went to get some hot El-Nido action? {: I mean, being a King is NOTHING when compared to being a fishermen.

i never assumed he left marle, and im sure marle would of rather been a fisherman than a queen, she says it in trigger.

Anyone who believes this theory says that they are in hiding, probably due to the military actions of Porre. I don't buy it, personally. Some people go as far to say that Marle is actually Leena, which is... really radical. Once again, I don't buy it.

no way would i buy leena being marle, there no where near the right age, leena is about 17, which is about what marle was in trigger.
and quite frankly i dont buy that crono and marle would have died the porre invasion, maybe they got in there at first, but once it became apparant they may loose and marle could be in danger theres no chance in hell he would stay there and risk marle dying.

Miguel is FROZEN in time in the Dead Sea. There is no future version of him to be Crono's ghost.

miguel gets killed in the dead sea, and im pretty sure it had to happen because of FATE.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #139 on: August 08, 2005, 07:16:23 am »
Quote from: thatguywhat'shisname
miguel gets killed in the dead sea, and im pretty sure it had to happen because of FATE.

Miguel doesn't die until Serge & Co. kill him there though...

kazmaka

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 08, 2005, 07:29:37 am »
yeah... but he dies, so he would be dead in the future where the dead sea came from but got pulled back from.

Legend of the Past

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 08, 2005, 09:46:24 am »
[Marge]
   That night, your father, Wazuki,
   and his friend Miguel set out
   to sea, despite a storm...
   It was an emergency...

There. Marge says Wazuki and his friend Miguel set out to Chronopolis. In the flashback you see Wazuki and Miguel quiet clearly in the sea.

And your father's friend, Miguel...
   That was Leena's father.

There's the evidence Miguel is Leena's father.

And finally...

Miguel:
   My dear Leena...
   May you live in a
   happier tomorrow!

Now, if you're still wandering how I came to the conclusion you need to have your head examined. Crono has nothing to do with Leena. Besides, Miguel neither looks, talks or uses the same weapon as Crono. He uses no magic, except for Elements and his "Holy Dragon Sword" tech, which is Dragonoian in origin, obviously, therefore it can't be magic. Again I say, the mere prospect that Miguel is Crono is neither logical nor possible. The game makes no statment that he is Miguel. Besides, answer that:

WHY THE HELL WOULD MARLE WANT TO CRUSH CRONO TO BITS?!

kazmaka

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 08, 2005, 09:59:16 am »
Quote from: Legend of the Past
[Marge]
   It was an emergency...

There. Marge says Wazuki and his friend Miguel set out to Chronopolis. In the flashback you see Wazuki and Miguel quiet clearly in the sea.

That was Leena's father.

And finally...

Miguel:
   My dear Leena...
   May you live in a
   happier tomorrow!

Now, if you're still wandering how I came to the conclusion you need to have your head examined. Crono has nothing to do with Leena. Besides, Miguel neither looks, talks or uses the same weapon as Crono. He uses no magic, except for Elements and his "Holy Dragon Sword" tech, which is Dragonoian in origin, obviously, therefore it can't be magic. Again I say, the mere prospect that Miguel is Crono is neither logical nor possible. The game makes no statment that he is Miguel. Besides, answer that:

i know leena is miguels daughter, how do you know crono has nothing to do with leena?

1) miguel doesnt look like crono - why not? for starters find a picture of crono in the exact same style as CC, then add 10 years or so.
2) miguel doesnt talk like crono - since when did crono ever say anything?
3) or uses the same weapon - what makes you think he would bring his swords on this trip with wazuki, i would hardly think they expected to get into a fight out there.
4) he doesnt use magic - how do we know crono kept his magic?
5) why would marle say that - i already answered that

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 08, 2005, 10:04:57 am »
Quote from: Legend of the Past
[Marge]
   It was an emergency...

That was Leena's father.

And finally...

Miguel:
   My dear Leena...
   May you live in a
   happier tomorrow!

i know leena is miguels daughter, how do you know crono has nothing to do with leena?

1) miguel doesnt look like crono - why not? for starters find a picture of crono in the exact same style as CC, then add 10 years or so.
3) or uses the same weapon - what makes you think he would bring his swords on this trip with wazuki, i would hardly think they expected to get into a fight out there.

~Sigh~ I've never met someone more stubborn and stuck up in my life.

Everyone who thinks this theory of kamakaza is a crackpot theory say Aye.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #144 on: August 08, 2005, 10:22:00 am »
aye and a half...but that's beside the point...

It would be 20 years...so Crono would be over 30...

Uhm, exactly?

So, basically, with all the evidence given...Miguel is Miguel...but according to kazmaka he could be nearly anybody...How do you KNOW it's not Magus? He could have died his hair...lost his magic...got there somehow...did some stuff...become a power ranger...traveled back in time...faught a dinosaur...revealed Superman's secret identity...etc etc...

The simplest answer is often the right one. Why overcomplicate things by trying to make it Crono when there's no substantial evidence supporting such an absurd claim? What even hints that Miguel might be Crono? His Elemental Innate? What? Nothing, that's what.

kazmaka

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 08, 2005, 10:29:14 am »
suit ureself, i still think he could be.

Sentenal

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 08, 2005, 03:32:20 pm »
Aye times 100.  He is actually funny, as long as you don't take him serious.

1.) Okay, I gots a theory!  Goku looks sorta like Crono!  So Crono died his hair black, and traveled to another world, and renamed himself Goku, and this is true because THEY LOOK ALIKE, IT COULND'T POSSIBLY BE BECAUSE MANY AKIRA CHARACTERS LOOK ALIKE.
2.) Exactly, Crono hardly ever said anything, yet Miguel said alot.
3.) Why wouldn't he?  Its not like it would be a big load.  A simple Katana is a small weapon.
4.) Still going on with people magically getting stripped of their magical power, for no reason at all, even after we have proved you cannot have your magic taken away.  While it is possible that he could have forgotten how to use some of it, but forget ALL of it?
5.) Actually, when you answered it, you said that when people love each other, they want to smash each other to bits.

kazmaka

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 08, 2005, 03:52:02 pm »
erm... yeh goku is crono... okay.

crono never says anything, because the makers dont make him say anything, to make crono your character, with no personality except that you give him, miguel does say stuff because he is not your main character, it would look really stupid having your characters talking to miguel and yet him saying nothing.
when did you prove you cant loose your magic?
if you dont understand what i said, fine.

Sentenal

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 08, 2005, 04:09:45 pm »
I proved that Magic isn't something given, its something learned, its something that everyone-post Zeal has evolved.

Its like talking to a rock...

kazmaka

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 08, 2005, 04:19:22 pm »
i never said magic wasnt given, you said spekkio unlocked their magic, and proved that he taught them magic, which is what i already thought.