Author Topic: Did crono die when porre attacked  (Read 36507 times)

Legend of the Past

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Did crono die when porre attacked
« Reply #150 on: August 08, 2005, 05:15:35 pm »
Well, if it's something genetic, it won't go away. Say, when you're touching something. If you stop touching it, would you lose the ability to touch altogether? No. Same for magic. The power is in their genes, therefore it can't go away. Perhaps it would weaken by them not using it. Perhaps they would get tired real easy. But it woulden't go away. If Miguel was Crono, he could not only use magic, but use all his other, non-magical techs. The only tech he uses is Holy Dragon Sword, an attack Crono never has and could probably never get, being as he has little to no access to Dragonian technology. FATE, on the other hand, has loads of access to it. She would just give Miguel the power needed and pass into him the knowledge of using the tech.

Oh, and it did sound like you mean loving someone means you want to crush him to bits. I'm very happy to say, I have a gf and I very much love her. And I've never wanted to crush her to bits. FATE, on the other hand, is FORCED into loving the humans, because she's programmed to love them. But she's just so jealous of them being alive she wants to crush them to bits sometime.

kazmaka

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 09, 2005, 05:39:14 am »
still going with your touching theory, your touch something, then your hand gets chopped off, you cant touch it anymore cos the thing you used to touch it is gone.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #152 on: August 09, 2005, 06:24:26 am »
I'm...not quite sure how that first analogy of Legend of the Past works...and I definately don't know how kazmaka's works...

But either way...All Lavos & Spekkio did was unlock their latent Magic power. i.e. gave them the ability to learn-on their own-varying Magical abilities. There is nothing in the game saying that Crono & Co. would lose said Magical abilities for any reason. If you think they would, fine, but you're pulling at strings that aren't there and basically just making stuff up...

kazmaka

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 09, 2005, 06:58:36 am »
i got that idea from the zealians loosing magic which you still disagree with i got always get the image that after you defeat lavos the enlightened ones cant use magic anymore, they just loose it.

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 09, 2005, 07:21:29 am »
Quote from: kazmaka
still going with your touching theory, your touch something, then your hand gets chopped off, you cant touch it anymore cos the thing you used to touch it is gone.

Ah, but who is to say your hand get chopped off? It's like your saying Crono lost the gene, which is something that one person cannot possibly do. To do that, he would need to go to every one of of his tens of billions of cells and remove the gene, all the while remaining alive. That can't be done even by someone else. And it's unreal, No one could live long enough to remove a single gene in about 50 to 60 billion cells. (Or 500 billion to 600 nillion cells... or 500 thousand to 600 thousand Billion cells... One of the computers in Chronopolis has the correct figures. Either way it's impossible)

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 09, 2005, 07:51:09 am »
Please, let's stop w/the weird analogy, please, Legend...?

And kazmaka, does it say that the Zealians lose their Magic?

kazmaka

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 09, 2005, 07:52:17 am »
well i dont really see us getting anywhere here because we have diferent views on magic, so alas, what next?

translanka, i got the picture that yes it did, you got the picture no it didnt, it definetly does not say they kept their magic, so its up for personal opinion.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 09, 2005, 08:02:47 am »
- No Zealian loss of Magic (until possibly at a later date through offspring) -

1. it never says anywhere in the game that Magic is lost when not in contact w/that which originally unlocked said Magic
2. a. when something is unlocked it remains unlocked until locked again
2. b. nothing in the game says that there is a way to lock the ability to learn Magic (not to mention keep Magic)

- Zealian's immediate loss of Magic -

Opinion based on?

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 09, 2005, 08:17:56 am »
The Zealian magic may of been lost because they were disconnected from Lavos, yes. But where does it say the Zealians really lost their magic? They're only trapped on the earth again, nothing about loss of magic. Because both Zealians and Earthbounds, are, well, earthbound, those Zealians that survived will help the reamiaing humans with magic, and then their children would not have their magic unlocked. Translanka has a point, though: Magic remains unlocked until it's locked again, and being as there's no one on the planet left with sufficient magic to actually seal someone else's magic, there you go. Besides, Dalton kept his magic.

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 09, 2005, 10:08:53 am »
A Zealian man said "how can I survive without magic?" And an Earthbound person said "We have eachother, we'll survive" etc. That's implying that their magic was lost, ceased to exist. But it clashed with game evidance from other points, especially from RD.

RD states that the MM unlocked the potention to do magic when anyone came in contact with it. This would prove that certain Zealians born could have magic. Any Zealian born with no magic ability at first would be classified as an Earthbound one, possibly meaning that their parent didn't get close enough to the MM to unlock all the potention that might pass on in the reproductiveness.

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 09, 2005, 11:42:40 am »
As much as I hate DBZ (Trust me, I do ><"), the only example I can think of is like the Super Sayian gene passes down only if the parent became Super Sayian, and the child can turn to a Super Sayian very easily.

I guess you're right, though. Those who lived in the palace (I.E, Dalton, Janus, Schala, Queen Zeal, etc) kept their magic, while everyone else (Like from Kajar and Enhasa) didn't. Maybe those who coulden't pass down their magical genes lost magic, too.

kazmaka

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 09, 2005, 12:31:04 pm »
Quote from: Zaperking
A Zealian man said "how can I survive without magic?" And an Earthbound person said "We have eachother, we'll survive" etc.

that among other things said is where i got that idea from.

the reason dalton kept his magic at least for as long as we saw it i would say is because, the mammon machine radiated the energy from lavos, which is why everyone could use magic, it radiated from the mammon machine through zeal, dalton was always close to it so he would of absorbed a lot, to say, the other people were not, so with the energy from lavos cut off, their magic would wither quickly, and they would loose their use of it.

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
« Reply #162 on: August 09, 2005, 01:39:17 pm »
Technically that guy didn't say he lost HIS magic, just that he lost magic. He could have been refering to the Zealian magic in general, like the floating islands and eveything else that was going on up there.

kazmaka

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 09, 2005, 02:19:17 pm »
well theres my point again (or someones elses that i just like re-inforcing) this matter is up to personal opinion, based upon how you take the evidence, and your belief about magic.

AuraTwilight

• View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 09, 2005, 03:22:20 pm »
I'm gonna have to go with the theory that the Zealians in the palace had more magic, so they had more to keep, or something. The Zealians in the other towns lost their magic because of their distance from the Mammon Machine. Alot of NPC's compare how Zealian magic is far different from Crono's magic, and how they also say elemental magic is forbidden. Perhaps Lavos' magic requires a connection to the source because it's not natural?