Poll

How much credit do you give "the Entitiy"

Total credit for all actions in the chrono story
4 (12.1%)
Partial Role(some things effected by entity but not all)
19 (57.6%)
Little Role(only one or two things effected by the entity)
7 (21.2%)
No Role(just a spur of the moment theory/dialog filler)
3 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Voting closed: October 09, 2005, 09:25:43 pm

Author Topic: The Entity's Role  (Read 7931 times)

evirus

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
The Entity's Role
« on: October 09, 2005, 09:25:43 pm »
i my self beleave that the entity of the chrono series played a vary small role in the resualts of what happened, some people beleave that the entity played complete role in what happened, where do you fit in?

Kazuki

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
The Entity's Role
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2005, 10:21:51 pm »
In my opinion, the, "entity," provided the tools and the some of the subtle urging of the crew...but I do not believe that the entity predestined/had control over everything.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
The Entity's Role
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2005, 10:23:50 pm »
I marked "one or two things effected [sic] by the entity [sic]." It is worth noting that those "one or two" things were crucial and central to the series as a whole, and I am certain that Kato and his team had a "living planet entity" in mind early on in the first game's development, but by the same token I do not believe as others do that the Entity is responsible for every little thing, such as Marle's disappearance in Guardia Castle. Invoking the Entity for lack of another explanation to me is just a religious cop-out.

evirus

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
The Entity's Role
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2005, 10:38:50 pm »
Quote from: Lord J esq
I marked "one or two things effected [sic] by the entity [sic]." It is worth noting that those "one or two" things were crucial and central to the series as a whole, and I am certain that Kato and his team had a "living planet entity" in mind early on in the first game's development, but by the same token I do not believe as others do that the Entity is responsible for every little thing, such as Marle's disappearance in Guardia Castle. Invoking the Entity for lack of another explanation to me is just a religious cop-out.

ouch, hahaha, i can see what your getting at.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
The Entity's Role
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2005, 10:42:29 pm »
I found the Entity as really providing support for them at all times. I mean in Guardia Forest (present) in the open field, there is no gate until they need to escape.

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
The Entity's Role
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2005, 02:53:35 am »
Little Role.... Anyway, gates could have been caused by Marle's pendant being to close to them, or the gate key.

Also, The Entity is a dip shit. Look what it did to Dinopolis in CC. Dragging it into a battle that it shouldn't have been in. Countless Dragonians died, overpowered by Chronopolis etc. And even though a group of Humans saved it, the fucker still wants to get rid off them some how.

Dragoness

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
The Entity's Role
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2005, 02:57:57 am »
I give it Partial Role in the world of Chrono.

...Because, some of the things that happen because of Lavos, I think o.o(The big black gate in Magus's Castle, anyone?).

FireKnight

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
The Entity's Role
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2005, 03:12:48 am »
First off, who or what is the entity? Is there a sure answer, or is it all theories like the ones about Spekkio? (Which are far more creative than what Square could have possibly been thinking.) Sorry if it's been answered before in another thread but I'm kinda new here.

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
The Entity's Role
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2005, 07:19:35 am »
Zeality and a few others seems to insist that it has to be the Planet, even though there are arising doubts when you think about it.

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
The Entity's Role
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2005, 10:00:41 am »
I believe the entity has a deistic role, much like what the others said

Sentenal

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
The Entity's Role
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2005, 01:16:32 pm »
The Pendant+Telepod opens gates that are there.  In the original timeline, Marle still went on the telepod, nothing indicates otherwise, and she did not get sent back in time.  Thats really the only time you need the pendant for gates.  The gatekey works alone, not requiring the pendant, and you would be crazy to say that the gatekey creates gates.  Same thing with the pendant.

The entity created gates.

I gave partial role, because although the entity only influenced a few things, they were big things.  I couldn't bring myself to imply that it hardly did anything.

Ark

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
The Entity's Role
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2005, 01:44:19 pm »
I'd say it didn't have a full role in how the events played out, but at best just gave subtle direction to those associated with stopping Lavos, assuming the Entity is the planet, anyway.

evirus

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
The Entity's Role
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2005, 01:58:24 pm »
Quote from: Sentenal
The Pendant+Telepod opens gates that are there.  In the original timeline, Marle still went on the telepod, nothing indicates otherwise, and she did not get sent back in time.  Thats really the only time you need the pendant for gates.  The gatekey works alone, not requiring the pendant, and you would be crazy to say that the gatekey creates gates.  Same thing with the pendant.

The entity created gates.

I gave partial role, because although the entity only influenced a few things, they were big things.  I couldn't bring myself to imply that it hardly did anything.

"Lucca: Well, if you say so...  Anyway, I call this thing a Gate.  It's a kind
of portal, that takes you to the same location in a different era.  Gates are
very unstable, so I used the principal behind my Telepod device to create a Gate Key.  Now we can use them as we please."

well we know that the telepod didnt just flip out right when it was used, cause chrono used it without the incident.... to me this implys that lucca used the energy reaction similar to what happened with marles pendent and the telepod, when marle got sent back her pendent stayed behind, i think its safe to assume that the reason for not seeing the pendent is simply the maker's use of the sprite only so you would see and pick it up to fallow her, prehaps lucca took it and studdied the effects of the pendent and the telepod, then made a gate key which mimics the effects

GrayLensman

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
The Entity's Role
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2005, 02:40:33 pm »
Crono took the pendant with him when he followed Marle through the time gate.  Lucca developed the Gate Key and warped to 600 AD while Crono and the pendant were in the past.

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
The Entity's Role
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2005, 04:13:21 pm »
I believe that the Entity is responsible for all of the gates, and Marle's dissapearence in Guardia Castle.