Poll

How much credit do you give "the Entitiy"

Total credit for all actions in the chrono story
4 (12.1%)
Partial Role(some things effected by entity but not all)
19 (57.6%)
Little Role(only one or two things effected by the entity)
7 (21.2%)
No Role(just a spur of the moment theory/dialog filler)
3 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Voting closed: October 09, 2005, 09:25:43 pm

Author Topic: The Entity's Role  (Read 7930 times)

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
The Entity's Role
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2005, 06:06:08 pm »
You know, it's simply not "Marle went to the telepod and nothing happened in the original time line". It could have been "Marle and Crono never met. Marle was stuck at home with her father, etc. too"

Kazuki

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
The Entity's Role
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2005, 07:32:28 pm »
Quote from: Zaperking
You know, it's simply not "Marle went to the telepod and nothing happened in the original time line". It could have been "Marle and Crono never met. Marle was stuck at home with her father, etc. too"

That's what I assumed happened in the first place...it would be strange if she went on the telepod WITH her pendant during the original time without getting warped back to 600 A.D.

GrayLensman

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
The Entity's Role
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2005, 08:27:00 pm »
Quote from: Kazuki

That's what I assumed happened in the first place...it would be strange if she went on the telepod WITH her pendant during the original time without getting warped back to 600 A.D.

The difference between the original and new timelines is the existence of the Time Gate at the Millennial Fair.  If there were no other influences on the timeline, Marle should have met Crono at the Millennial Fair and used the Telepod without incident.

FireKnight

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
The Entity's Role
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2005, 01:35:51 am »
So wouldn't that mean the 'entity' is what made the change?

Sentenal

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
The Entity's Role
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2005, 01:59:54 am »
Yes, thats the most likely case.

Zaperking

• View Profile
The Entity's Role
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2005, 02:55:56 am »
Quote from: GrayLensman
Quote from: Kazuki

The difference between the original and new timelines is the existence of the Time Gate at the Millennial Fair.  If there were no other influences on the timeline, Marle should have met Crono at the Millennial Fair and used the Telepod without incident.

Yeah, but then the pendant should have lived up to 2300AD, and you'd think that it'd be behind one of those sealed doors atleast, because the Domes are like Guardias and atleast some heirlooms would be there. Besides the fact that would mean that Crono and Marle would still get together in the original time line, but no one would know how their love blossomed.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
The Entity's Role
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2005, 08:06:03 am »
The sealed doors are debatable though...I always thought that Belthasar had his hand in making those, myself...Otherwise, I don't think that the party definately should have found another Pendant in the future...I mean, you don't find everything that existed in the past in the future...That's just how it goes...I mean, we know that Dreamstone isn't indestructable for one (Masamune BROKE'D). And we also don't know how long the Guardian's rule lasted.

Zaperking

• View Profile
The Entity's Role
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2005, 09:34:09 am »
Well, if that Dome keeper is the decendant of Marle, it still means that Crono and Marle got together - that debates the fact that they only fell in love through the things that happened in trigger.
And the pendant itself would have had to have been used by Belthsar to make the doors if he made them, or anyone else who did. And because of that, someone should have had the pendant, besides it's powerfulness (like how it follows you to protect you).

AuraTwilight

• View Profile
The Entity's Role
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2005, 01:23:15 pm »
Just because you never find the pendant doesn't mean it's not there. For all we know, it could be lost in the murky dead sea.

Well, if that Dome keeper is the decendant of Marle, it still means that Crono and Marle got together - that debates the fact that they only fell in love through the things that happened in trigger.

It doesn't have to be the events of Trigger. They just need to meet at the festival. They hit it off pretty well, and it was supposed to happen in the Lavos timeline anyway. Problem solved

Sentenal

• View Profile
The Entity's Role
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2005, 04:02:05 pm »
I don't see how the Pendant being around in 2300 has any relavance... Maybe I'm just reading what your saying wrong.

Belthasar could have made those doors so that it would react to the pendant.  You don't need a key to make a door.

Zaperking

• View Profile
The Entity's Role
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2005, 06:06:03 pm »
Yeah, But he walked through the doors countless times...
@Aura:
One thing to stop that - King Guardia. Remember how he doesn't like his daughter being a rebel. Without half of the shit that happened in Trigger (Leene writting the note on the rainbow shell, King Guardia being arrested etc, the Yakra incidents) only these made him start to understand her position, and be okay with Crono.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
The Entity's Role
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2005, 09:18:00 am »
The Pendant isn't the only way to open the sealed doors. I mean, obviously Queen Zeal, Dalton, & Magus (as the Prophet) didn't need Schala to open the door to the throne room every time they entered...I doubt many other people, like the Gurus, needed her Pendant either...

Also, even if the Dome Keeper is a decendant of Marle, I don't think that automatically connects her & Crono...I mean, it's not like he has to be a direct decendant...He could be more related to the bar keep in Porre and still be a decendant of Marle...

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
The Entity's Role
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2005, 04:43:12 pm »
Yeah, But he walked through the doors countless times...
@Aura:
One thing to stop that - King Guardia. Remember how he doesn't like his daughter being a rebel. Without half of the shit that happened in Trigger (Leene writting the note on the rainbow shell, King Guardia being arrested etc, the Yakra incidents) only these made him start to understand her position, and be okay with Crono.

The King probably wouldn't have disaproved of Crono so much if he was not convicted of kidnapping/running away with her. Without the Entity's interference it just would have been a nice day at the fair. She most likely would have returned in proper time without the King being as angry with her as he was in the Crono timeline. It is obvious that it is not her first time escaping from the castle.

AuraTwilight

• View Profile
The Entity's Role
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2005, 07:22:48 pm »
Even if the King did object, who's gonna stop them when the King dies? >_> Don't read too much into that.

Mystik3eb

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/dfscanl/index.html
The Entity's Role
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2005, 08:03:29 pm »
I seem to find myself agreeing with most people's theories on most of these topics. Without the Entity, Marle's pendant reacting to the Telepod wouldn't have opened a gate, they would've lived on, the King not hating Crono so much because of the kidnapping shenanigans, and the pendent could be anywhere, even the sea, like aforementioned. I voted for Partial role, simply because it's one act of making gates was...everything. So it did one or two things overall (that we know of). Still had a huge effect on everything. Not enough to call it minor by any means. And I didn't vote that it had more control than that simply because it doesn't seem like it did since everything else that happened was a result of other's actions.

Yeah, I basically repeated most of you up there =p