Author Topic: Lavos: The Point Of Multiple Forms  (Read 4928 times)

Mystik3eb

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/dfscanl/index.html
Lavos: The Point Of Multiple Forms
« on: October 21, 2005, 10:02:42 pm »
Ok, there are a few places in the game where you can teleport to Lavos' PD to fight it: the OP back in 12,000 BC, the BO in 12,00 BC, 600 AD, and 1000 AD, the sparkle on the right Telepod in 1000 AD (New Game + only), the bucket to 1999 AD from the EoT, and finally the Epoch crashing through the first form in 1999 AD. Now the Epoch method can't really be taken into account in this thread since you can't leave the shell once you enter.

Here's my thought: no matter what time you choose to fight Lavos, you first beat its first form, the outer shell. Then you go inside and beat its nasty triclops-like figure. Then you fight its third, final zombie-with-two-acorn phase, which finally kills Lavos.

Here's the thing...when you beat the first form in any method outside the Epoch, you can leave and go to any time frame, then come back and finish the job. Say you fight Lavos through the BO in any time period, but for the sake of this thread we'll say it was in 12,000 BC, beat the outer shell, then leave. You go to 2300 AD, it's still in ruins. You go to fight it through the bucket from the EoT, its outer shell is still destroyed (go to fight it throught the Epoch and you get the same result you would've if you'd tried that method the first time, making the waste of the precious Time Machine pointless, lol).

So here's my thing: it can still do the same thing to the world in this form, without the shell being dead? With the shell dead, making it rather useless, wouldn't Lavos have to crawl out and do its damage in another way, changing the way the world is destroyed?

Most of you will undoubtedly say, "No, killing its shell does nothing except to get past its outer defense, and thereby get to the real thing."

Looking at that answer, I suppose I would agree with that. But here's another point: why does it sit around after the shell is destroyed, potentially for thousands of years, and just wait for Crono and crew to destroy it instead of rebuilding its defenses, or part of its body essentially?

Many of you will answer, "PD, retard." And I'll say "OK, fine. Have it your way. I guess that means, unlike the theory I heard before that says that when a time period is left, it is returned to at a time relative to how much time passed to the character since they left it, that they arrive right when they leave, right? Otherwise Lavos would probably take the time to rebuild itself, wouldn't it?"

What's my point?...suddenly I don't know anymore. I thought I was onto something at first. I think the more I looked into it, I realized that I didn't really have anything, just an interesting perspective on Lavos. Something that seems to have been answered already by the PD thing.

Unless people wanna argue my agreed point of the relative time thing for when you leave Lavos and return. Cuz that makes sense to me. *shrug*

Sentenal

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2005, 10:12:11 pm »
Both the via the Bucket, and via the Epoch take Crono and co to 1999.  I believe that fighting Lavos via the Black Omen some how links to 1999 as well.

Mystik3eb

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/dfscanl/index.html
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2005, 11:00:49 pm »
Quote from: Sentenal
Both the via the Bucket, and via the Epoch take Crono and co to 1999.  I believe that fighting Lavos via the Black Omen some how links to 1999 as well.

Yes, you're right about the Epoch and bucket. I've always been confused about the BO results, though, since it shows a grey ground that Lavos rises from when the party faces it. Gah...

Crono_Maniac

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2005, 03:40:12 pm »
When you fight it from the black omen, I always thought that was water.  That part I believe is mere laziness of the programmers.  That looks just like 12,000 BC water, and 12,000 BC is the only place with an ocean large enough to fill the whole screen, and yet the Black Omen is floating over that island in 12,000 BC.  It really is just laziness in my opinion.  If my memory serves, that isn't 1,999 AD water, though I could be wrong, and when you see 2,300 AD, the arrangement of the islands doesn't include enough water to fill the screen, and NO place in CT has that color ground.  So I stand by my cry of laziness.

GrayLensman

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
    • View Profile
Re: Lavos: The Point Of Multiple Forms
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2005, 03:52:23 pm »
Quote from: Mystik3eb
So here's my thing: it can still do the same thing to the world in this form, without the shell being dead? With the shell dead, making it rather useless, wouldn't Lavos have to crawl out and do its damage in another way, changing the way the world is destroyed?

All of Lavos's power is in the core body.  The shell is just a protective covering.  When the travelers defeated the shell, they commented that Lavos's energy still radiated from inside.

Crono_Maniac

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2005, 06:33:31 pm »
Really, all we do is destroy the head.  That's not to say the shell couldn't shoot ou the beams.

ZellTT

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Re: Lavos: The Point Of Multiple Forms
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2005, 05:52:38 pm »
Quote from: GrayLensman
Quote from: Mystik3eb

All of Lavos's power is in the core body.  The shell is just a protective covering.  When the travelers defeated the shell, they commented that Lavos's energy still radiated from inside.

Yeah, they do. Even when you crash in. I can't remember exactly, but Ayla says something like: "Lavos smell STRONGER!".

evirus

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2005, 01:39:13 am »
what if lovas isnt one life form, but three, each one being able to "live on its own" but reproducing in such a way that that all three offsprings coexist in the same "embryo" neither form would contain the DNA from the other forms (meaning it cant heal what is not of its own body) (think of it this way, we are crawling with bacteria, if we die can they heal us?)

of course the valid point you raised is how the destruction occured, well what if the "armagedden flames" where not brought about from the outer forum but one of the inner forums. what if the assualt from with the shell did damage to the shell that, although can be healed to an extent, but not compleatly, causing the death of lovas after 1999, resualting in death peak, but its offspring having been fertalized before 1999.

if the shell is dead before 1999 then how does lovas raise up from the earths crust (which we see in CT) well if you have something traveling upward, hitting the ceiling its going to push that ceiling up a ways depending on its force and the strength of the ceiling, what if during the "beams" forcing the shell upward, it was also damaging the shell to the point where after it reaches the surface the shell just give way and the beams shoot out

im starting to ramble at this point so ill just stop now

AuraTwilight

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2005, 06:47:28 pm »
Yea, Lavos being three individual lifeforms is just kinda spreading the limits of stupid.

evirus

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2005, 07:15:42 pm »
Quote from: AuraTwilight
Yea, Lavos being three individual lifeforms is just kinda spreading the limits of stupid.
how so? back up your statment in some way, dont just pop up and call someone's idea stupid, because people who do that are pricks and arnt realy contributing to the discussion.

there are several plant/insect groups that rely on eachother for reproduction. STD's are also a good example of multiple lifeforms reproducing at the same time (all be it a rather distructive/ parasitic relationship)

Naz

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2005, 09:23:11 pm »
Here's how I see it.

Let's recap, shall we?

The Shell = Provides major protection not only from interstellar travel, but from the Earth's core, and also serves as transportation.

The Robotic Body = A "machine" designed to absorb all DNA information of the beings that inhabit the planet it is in. It uses this data to create a new and better lifeform. It then copies the lifefrom's DNA and passes it on to the beings young.

The Core = This part is a little tricky, I'm still wondering whether this being existed before 1999 and even back when it had landed. If it did in fact exist before, probably in another form, then this is the true being that is Lavos. If that is fact, this being is the one who's cooked up everything. The corruption of Zeal, and its downfall. It also seems to have a major influence on time. The whole battle with it was fought in the DBT. Thus, the bringing back Chronopolis.

What I'm trying to say is, one form can not live without the other. The Core and Body need the Shell for safety, The Core is needed since it is the mind of the organism, and the Body is needed in order to obtain DNA and produce offspring.

AuraTwilight

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2005, 06:46:47 pm »
Or a more simple analysis...

Shell=Body
Second Form=Organs
Core=Brain

evirus

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2005, 08:04:55 pm »

Shell=Body
Second Form=Organs
Core=Brain

im still waiting for your supporting arguements to why my theory was "stupid"!

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2005, 11:07:12 pm »
Yes, The Chrono Compendium lacks people who actually justify what they say. A few prime examples are people who debate your idea when you give evidence, and they don't give any and just say it's stupid. etc. etc.

Naz

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2005, 08:00:48 am »

Shell=Body
Second Form=Organs
Core=Brain

I don't see you coming up with anything.