Author Topic: Coliseum Thoughts  (Read 3657 times)

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Coliseum Thoughts
« on: October 26, 2005, 01:52:27 am »
Hey,

I am making this to get some feedback on that Coliseum that you may have noticed out there on that front page.  Feedback is mainly for the port I'll be doing to Crimson echoes (cross fingers).  

Some things I already know but couldn't do for one reason or another

Ultimate weapon/armor (i could only replace weapons)
Import Sprites
Pump up enemies (again could only replace enemies)
More items to win/more total BP (this was my mistake)

Perhaps I'll add more later... fire away.

And remember feedback can be good too haha

--jp

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
Coliseum Thoughts
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2005, 05:55:55 am »
Why not just do this in the Colisseum page?

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Coliseum Thoughts
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2005, 08:49:38 am »
It's good.  The final two spekkios were annoying though.  They attacked synchronized but one of them got off and use that skill that knocks your life to 1 then used luminare darkmatter etc...

But overall it's very good.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Coliseum Thoughts
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2005, 12:24:06 pm »
The only way I could beat the two speekios was using the lifeline triple tech over and over, tons of megaElixers and lots of save states haha.  Do you mean the Coliseum page in the news/updates Zeppelin?

Deblois

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Wow
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2005, 11:30:41 pm »
I played Chrimson Echoes up to the part where they go threw time portal after chasing the wannabe assasins, the game is soo dope, that must of been super hard to edit the Events. Nice Sprite for Glenn to  :D  The game looks like its gonna be dope when its finished, I haven't gotten around to going to the colesium yet but you should add that into your game, when are you gonna release another demo??

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Coliseum Thoughts
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2005, 09:20:05 am »
I completely and redoing the game.  It sucked so bad X_X.  And the event's is somewhat hard to alter.  The glenn sprite is what he looks like in human form it was already in the game :\.

Chickenlump

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
  • O_o
    • View Profile
Coliseum Thoughts
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2005, 01:57:29 am »
Congrats on the release, I've heard nothing but great things about it. I JUST now got my new PC up and running (no more hanging out at the library computers ^_^). I'll try this out here in a bit, as I remember, you had ALOT of talent. :) I'll give more feedback after I play it.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Coliseum Thoughts
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2005, 04:22:47 pm »
Here's my To Do:  list so far

Stop keys from spawning once their in the inventory

Check Text that appears during Game (I guess some coliseum text is appearing during zeal, can anyone help me pin point this?)

ExploreModeOff during first delay with Bekkler (can walk around before fights starts)

Bekkler bug caused by laugh?? (game freezes when talking to Bekkler sometimes....seeminly randomly)

Add new page to shop include a quit

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Coliseum Thoughts
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2005, 06:16:52 pm »
I think that issue with the text might be a fluke. I may bust out a Zeal savestate and do a quick run through of those events to check. This may be similar to something I heard from a person who applied the coliseum to a rom already edited with Temporal Flux; though he matched the correct unheadered rom & patch, the edits he had made weren't compatible with the new coliseum data.

I experimented with Bekkler more, and it would seem people are still fast forwarding that laugh (which still causes the freeze). I suppose we can just remove the sound effect. At normal speed, no problems occur; it's all related to frameskipping.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Coliseum Thoughts
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2005, 06:33:20 pm »
It just seems wrong to not have the laugh, but I suppose the benefits outweight the cost of removing it.

I agree with the fluke about text cause I played through when beta testing and didn't notice anything.  (it's just two people both said it happened to them)

I'll probably make these changes, and the shop/infinite keys fixes some time after this weekend, I'm pretty busy cause of this physics exam I got.  

--jp

Chickenlump

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
  • O_o
    • View Profile
Coliseum Thoughts
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2005, 07:15:10 pm »
How about playing the laugh when they enter, or get near him, that way he still laughs, just not when you talk to him. After having played it, I must say I'm really impressed, this could have easily been in the original game and not given a second thought.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Coliseum Thoughts
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2005, 08:31:31 pm »
Yeah, this is a great advancement in Chrono Trigger rom hacking. Things like these will really jump-start a community of modifications.

Chickenlump

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
  • O_o
    • View Profile
Coliseum Thoughts
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2005, 08:34:11 pm »
Since I've been away, it seems to have grown quite a bit. It's good to see people tackling some of the 'harder' stuff.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Coliseum Thoughts
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2005, 08:43:17 pm »
Yeah, this is a great advancement in Chrono Trigger rom hacking. Things like these will really jump-start a community of modifications.

That's the plan

Since I've been away, it seems to have grown quite a bit. It's good to see people tackling some of the 'harder' stuff.

Tech Editing and  Enemy AI are the two BIG obstacles I feel.  I've decided to become the "battle guy" for CE, since supposedly that's what bogged it down.....(I'm not sure how or why), so I'll probably release something like DDK's hack that helped people learn TF, but is actually a tutorial for battles

Coming to a compendium near you

--jp[/quote]

Hitokiri Alchemist

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/hitokirialchemist
Coliseum Thoughts
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2005, 03:33:36 am »
I just got this really weird glitch. I just booted it up for the first time, and got to 2300 AD. Went in the sewer, got a RubyKey, and accidently grabbed a second one. Finshed Arris dome, and sped through Lab 32 on bike. I entered the coliseum and Chrno ran up to the top left for some odd reason. Bekkler showed up and a text box saying two choices "Round 4" and "Cancel" I hit Round 4 and it entered me in a party battle with Pink Nu Spekkio... I was about level 10 at the time with Chrno, so let's just say I was defeated quickly >>;;;
Anyway, does anyone have any idea why this happened?