Author Topic: Where is Magus?  (Read 9768 times)

Bobcat

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Where is Magus?
« on: November 02, 2005, 02:08:02 am »
What happened to Magus in Chrono Cross?

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
Where is Magus?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2005, 03:36:54 am »
Magus isnt in it. If you look around the Compendium and Forums you will discover that he was never put in. Some theories are though that Guile is Magus, and another crazier theory is that Serge is Magus (or his son...)

fxar99

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • Oh how I wish to dream again...
    • View Profile
Where is Magus?
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2005, 07:40:02 am »
Quote from: Burning Zeppelin
Some theories are though that Guile is Magus

It's not a theory. It is partially the truth. At first, Guile would be Magus. However, with so many characters the developers thought that they wouldn't be able to develop his personality. The Guile=Magus idea was abandoned, so Guile is just a wizard and Magus is not in Chrono Cross, although he might have done some things behind the scenes.

Serge being Magus (or relative) is not so crazy... Actually, there's no clue that he isn't. Lucca mentions that Janus might be next to Kid when she reads the letter. There's also the blue hair that only Zealians have (and they dye it, unless Magus used magic to make this colour permanent, something that might have been passed down to Serge - in case they have relationship).

There's also the fact that Magus, not Serge was the one who actually wanted to save Schala. Schala creates Kid to save Serge. Why couldn't Magus create Serge to save Schala (after being saved by Kid)? He has magic stronger than Schala's by the way...

Sentenal

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Where is Magus?
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2005, 12:11:54 pm »
Hes not in CC, probably looking for Schala at the time of CC.

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
Where is Magus?
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2005, 04:16:32 pm »
Quote from: fxar99

There's also the blue hair that only Zealians have (and they dye it)

We need more confermation on that. It was only ever brought up once pretty much and then everyone dumped onto the band wagon.

Anyway, at Serge's grave stone it says "What came from the sea has returned to the sea". Serge may possiby have been washed ashore or something, and because Wazuki and Marge might believe in some sea god, it might be a blessing (maybe they couldn't have kids).

fxar99

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • Oh how I wish to dream again...
    • View Profile
Where is Magus?
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2005, 05:16:14 pm »
Quote from: Zaperking

There's also the blue hair that only Zealians have (and they dye it)

We need more confermation on that. It was only ever brought up once pretty much and then everyone dumped onto the band wagon.

Anyway, at Serge's grave stone it says "What came from the sea has returned to the sea". Serge may possiby have been washed ashore or something, and because Wazuki and Marge might believe in some sea god, it might be a blessing (maybe they couldn't have kids).

I recall that an old man in Another Termina says the same thing about his lost wife... If this is true, it shows that the people of El Nido are bound with the sea and that's why they believe that life comes from it and returns to it. This can be against the theory that Serge wasn't Wazuki's son, but um...  :shock: It's worth mentioning...

However, yes, Magus could have created Serge as Schala created Kid and then left him near the shore bordering another world (or any beach  :lol: ), so Serge came from the sea, literally speaking. It's getting interesting...

Mystik3eb

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/dfscanl/index.html
Where is Magus?
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2005, 05:19:44 pm »
Fun theory, but I don't put any faith in it. Serge looks exactly like Wazuki.

Exodus

• Acacia Deva (+500)
  • How do we know we exist?
    • View Profile
Where is Magus?
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2005, 05:52:38 pm »
Yeah.

Wazuki and Serge LOOK like father and son. You can't discredit this fact as a coincidence.

Dragoness

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Where is Magus?
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2005, 06:28:27 pm »
Magus is dead and buried.... :lol:

In not jokingness(Yes.. I know that not a word!), I would guess either he was looking somewhere else or perhaps as someone in this thread said, he is in the background... doing stuff. :P

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Where is Magus?
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2005, 06:33:53 pm »
There's also the blue hair that only Zealians have (and they dye it, unless Magus used magic to make this colour permanent, something that might have been passed down to Serge - in case they have relationship).

Only the Zealian women and Janus had blue hair. The other men's hair were brown or grey.

Sentenal

• View Profile
Where is Magus?
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2005, 06:36:13 pm »
They dye their hair.  Thats exactly why Schala's hair is blonde in CC, and I believe it says that they dye it in the Japanese version of CT.  And I thought we already proved that the "Serge=Janus" theory to be a load of crap...

AuraTwilight

• View Profile
Where is Magus?
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2005, 06:40:29 pm »
I'm sure Kid's creation was only possible with Schala's obscenely powerful boost she must've gotten from her bond with Lavos.

And yea, Magus is dead. He went to his own time and...Y'know...did that thing that mortals do.

Sentenal

• View Profile
Where is Magus?
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2005, 06:46:15 pm »
Being dead is so realtive in a game dealing with Time Travel, so its hard to say if he is "dead" or not.  If we look at it that way, Aura, then everyone is dead.  All we know is that Magus was last seen searching for Schala, we don't know where or when.

Kazuki

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
Where is Magus?
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2005, 10:47:03 pm »
Time travelling puts a new perspective on everything; for example, hearing about a legend who lived 400 years ago, you would think him to be long dead. Travelling back to meet him, however, and you begin to think of him existing on parallel time with yourself (I.e you aging a day = him aging a day.)

Quite a weird thought.

Muffins

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Where is Magus?
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2005, 10:59:37 pm »

He has magic stronger than Schala's by the way...

Not to hijack the thread or anything but; Proof?