Author Topic: Chrono Trigger Script Perfection  (Read 21676 times)

Kamek

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Chrono Trigger Script Perfection
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2004, 11:56:51 am »
Quote from: ZeaLitY
I think that was meant for one of the endings,  but I don't ever recall seeing it. The Time Axis thing is meant to be said by the Nu in the Keeper's Dome -- this we know due to its location in the script...no idea what it means, though.

Actually, now that I think about it, I do remember him saying that line sometime... but I can't for the life of me figure out when.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2004, 08:44:25 am »
Isn't the Nu saying "Caution" part of when you first get the Epoch? I might be wrong, but that's what I think I might remember...NO WAIT! Isn't it when it sends those Poyozo up to Death Peak? It could be either of those times...I'm unsure now...

Kamek

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2004, 12:41:14 am »
You know what, I think I remember when he says that... I think you have to take the Epoch (before it gets wings) to any time period except 2300 AD, then use the Gates to travel to 2300 AD and go to the Keeper's Dome, and the Nu is sitting at the door before the Epoch and says something about the Time Axis.

I could be wrong, though.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2004, 01:13:00 am »
It's confirmed; he says it after the Black Omen rises.

Kamek

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2004, 01:42:37 am »
Quote from: ZeaLitY
It's confirmed; he says it after the Black Omen rises.

Before, or after, you get the Time Egg? If it's after, doesn't he babble something about Death Peak and a Crono clone? It would have to be before getting the Trigger.

Hunter X

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2004, 11:31:26 pm »
I've been thinking about those places that can't be found, and I have a theory. I think that it's possible that they could be the names of the rooms where you can talk to the staff of CT(when you get the best ending). Why they would have such names I have no idea, possibly to make finding them easier for the programers, then again this is just an idea that probably isn't right.

lunairetic

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Re: Chrono Trigger Script Perfection
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2004, 09:18:34 pm »
I know the original post is old (from december!), but...

The Boss and Underling dialogue can be seen at the Sewer Access (of course), but also at the Black Omen. The first time you fight your way through the Black Omen in each of the 12000 BC, 600 AD, and 1000 AD eras and get to the room where the two nus are, talk to one of the nus who asks you if you want to stay dreaming or wake up (or something like that- i don't remember), tell it you want to wake up. the boss and underling come out from off screen pushing a large platform-on-wheels thing, and they say different things to each other depending upon which era you are in, then tell you to 'get on, gribbit' or some such. I can't remember if the Black Omen is in 65000000 BC or not (I don't think it is, though), but the Boss and Underling are in every era except 1999 AD and the End of Time:

12000 BC, 600 AD, and 1000 AD they are in the Black Omen, and in 2300 AD, they are in the Sewer Access (because you can't get into the Black Omen). The Black Omen dialogue you found is all of the little bits of dialogue from each of the Black Omen eras put together.  Just a bit of useless information...

[1000 AD]
Quote from: Script
UNDERLING: You're starting to bug me!
   How long do I have to put up with
   your drivel, ribbit?

BOSS: Just shut up and push, will ya,
   GRIBBIT!

[600 AD]
UNDERLING: Hey, Boss.
   What's your life's dream, ribbit?

BOSS: My personal dream?
   To be King of the Sewer!
   Gribbit!

[12000 BC]
BOSS: Oh, all right...!
   What's your little dream?
   Gribbit.
$8SK2:
UNDERLING: I just want to keep being
   your apprentice, ribbit.
$8SK4:
BOSS: Sheesh!
   You're making me cry, here.
[pause]
   I'm gonna tell Krawlie what you just
   said!!

I don't remember what the Boss and Underling said in the Sewer Access, but see how all the Black Omen dialogue from each era sort of matches up? (Like one whole conversation?) Does the Sewer Access dialogue fit in with the Black Omen dialogue continuity also, I wonder?

Also, Krawlie is mentioned (see above) in the 12000 BC era at the Black Omen, but the only time we meet Sir Krawlie is in 2300 AD. So, does that mean Krawlie is originally from the 12000 BC era? If so, how did he get from the past to the future? Was he also on the Black Omen? Or does it really matter what era Boss, Underling, and Krawlie are from since the Black Omen is supposed to be separate from time (or something like that)? Is there any significance at all in this? Should i even CARE?! (am i over-analyzing???)

YbrikMetaknight

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • I strike fast and disappear for years at a time.
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Compendium
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2004, 10:24:25 pm »
Whoa, I didn't know they appeared in all those eras.  Quite an interesting little Easter Egg.

Faulce

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2004, 03:58:02 pm »
Thats odd, I had noticed them in the Black Omen, but didnt know they were in all of the eras.  And how could they exist in the future if the Black Omen didnt come to be until Crono and co. interfered with history?  I would assume that they are from 2300 A.D. and some how found their way into the Black Omen (in the Sewer, we can basically infer that they head out the exit towards Death Peak and Keepers Dome because they cant flip the lever to exit out of the sewer the other way).

Peaceman

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2004, 06:10:06 pm »
The bit about the Nu in Keepers Dome saying, "Time Axis out of order", he says it if you're using a code to skip to diffferent parts of the game.  If you go to Keeper's Dome before you're supposed to, the Nu will say that.  I've never done this myself, so could someone please confirm that this is true?

GreenGannon

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2004, 02:19:15 pm »
I always thought he said it when the Black Omen appeared.

JLukas

• Fan Project Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2004, 07:51:47 pm »
The post by Kamek about 8 posts up is correct, the Nu says that when you visit after leaving the Epoch in another time period and using the portals to make it back to the Keeper's Dome.