Author Topic: A New "Entity" Theory In Progress  (Read 16829 times)

Sentenal

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
A New "Entity" Theory In Progress
« Reply #45 on: December 15, 2005, 03:47:38 pm »
Yeah, but the Planet still lost 65,000,000 years of energy, so pulling in a dimension with a weakened power supply is kind of risky and stupid.

I'm suprised Zaper, your usally the first to say Lavos was erased throughout history.  Lavos was draining the planet's energy inside the pocket dimension.  After Lavos was defeated in the pocket dimension, he would have been wipped out of the pocket dimension, leaving the only times where Lavos was alive was when he crashed, 12000bc, 600ad, and 1999ad.  So basically, after Lavos is defeated, the "new" planet (as in, the planet in the new timeline) would not have had its power sucked on for over 65 million years.

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 15, 2005, 04:44:28 pm »
Quote from: Sentenal
Yeah, but the Planet still lost 65,000,000 years of energy, so pulling in a dimension with a weakened power supply is kind of risky and stupid.

I'm suprised Zaper, your usally the first to say Lavos was erased throughout history.  Lavos was draining the planet's energy inside the pocket dimension.  After Lavos was defeated in the pocket dimension, he would have been wipped out of the pocket dimension, leaving the only times where Lavos was alive was when he crashed, 12000bc, 600ad, and 1999ad.  So basically, after Lavos is defeated, the "new" planet (as in, the planet in the new timeline) would not have had its power sucked on for over 65 million years.

Yes, I knew that. But the Planet is a transdimensional/time being. Whatever happens to Lavos should equally affect it. The planet didn't even forget Lavos. That's why what Belthasar and the Dragon God said about it having come to the point where it would take it's "ultimate revenge on the humans" would come to pass. Even Chronopolis agreed on this. The planet must remember everything in order to keep that grudge.

Sentenal

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 15, 2005, 05:44:28 pm »
Quote from: Zaperking

Yes, I knew that. But the Planet is a transdimensional/time being. Whatever happens to Lavos should equally affect it. The planet didn't even forget Lavos. That's why what Belthasar and the Dragon God said about it having come to the point where it would take it's "ultimate revenge on the humans" would come to pass. Even Chronopolis agreed on this. The planet must remember everything in order to keep that grudge.

Explain to me how the planet remmebering Lavos makes the planet any weaker.

Mystik3eb

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/dfscanl/index.html
« Reply #48 on: December 15, 2005, 07:41:25 pm »
Quote from: DBoruta
I'll have to look for these - I know about Sky Render's project, but I didn't know there were any others trying to translate from the Japanese version.

They're working together on the same project.

Zaperking

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 16, 2005, 01:07:18 am »

Explain to me how the planet remmebering Lavos makes the planet any weaker.

Noo. You don't even get what im saying. I'm saying that because the planet has a grudge since it remembers Lavos because it is transdimensional, it should have also lost that energy. This shows that there are two entities. The mental planet and the physical planet. They probably work together, but the physical planet isn't transdimensional but the mental one is. Either way, the mental planet would know what it was attacked by Lavos once and lost that power from itself.

AuraTwilight

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 16, 2005, 06:22:50 pm »
Just because I remember breaking my leg doesn't mean my leg is still broken.

Zaperking

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 16, 2005, 08:42:57 pm »
Quote from: AuraTwilight
Just because I remember breaking my leg doesn't mean my leg is still broken.

That's what I'm trying to say. There's the physical planet and the mental planet.
The Mental planet remembers everything, the physical planet is affected by time travel etc. This may explain why even so, the "planet" has a grudge on the humans, even though it saved it.

But if there is only one aspect of the planet, and because we know that it is transdimensional, then it wouldn't it only show that it did lose energy if it passes time or whatever.
Though, it simply depends on what Lavos theory you believe. If you believe that he's always in the planet till 1999AD, then the planet is weak and would not have enough energy or shouldn't have that much to pull Dinopolis in. If Lavos dies forever, hence no 1999AD scenario ever again, then it explains why the planet "has a grudge" and actually remembers the whole situation.

AuraTwilight

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 17, 2005, 02:39:21 pm »
Well, of course there's two aspects of the Planet. Body and Soul. Just like Crono has a Body and Soul.

And the Planet doesn't have a grudge against humans. That was propaganda.

I think someone already said it, but in the game someone says something along the lines of:

"She's crying, can you hear it? The planet just wants us to get along."

Philosopher1701

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 17, 2005, 03:03:51 pm »
I recall (I think), that when you visit Belthasar during your first journey in 2300, he's on the verge of insanity, and says something like, "Don't climb Death Peak! It's not time, yet!"

It seems...... he knew who Crono and Company were, and knew that it wasn't time for them to climb Death Peak.

How could he have known?

I believe the Gurus had a strong influence on the events of Chrono Trigger, but the emphasis placed on a single "Entity" suggests something/someone greater was involved.

Zaperking

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 17, 2005, 07:36:46 pm »
The planet doesn't seem to great. If it can pull in Dinopolis all along (regarding if Lavos is still in the Earth all along), then it should have called Dinopolis all along to save itself, or to evict Lavos. Knowing that, the planet is kind of put on a lesser scale of power. You can't say it's all powerful, if Lavos nearly killed it.

Philosopher1701

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 17, 2005, 08:21:45 pm »
Oh, and on the PSX version of Chrono Trigger, the opening cutscene is titled, "Our Planet's Dream".

AuraTwilight

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 18, 2005, 01:27:51 pm »
I don't think it could've pulled in Dinopolis willy nilly, or else it would've been forced to pull in Chronopolis to balance it out, causing CC + CT + Whatever crap is created because of that positively screwed up combination of events.

GrayLensman

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 18, 2005, 03:17:27 pm »
The planet doesn't seem to great. If it can pull in Dinopolis all along (regarding if Lavos is still in the Earth all along), then it should have called Dinopolis all along to save itself, or to evict Lavos. Knowing that, the planet is kind of put on a lesser scale of power. You can't say it's all powerful, if Lavos nearly killed it.

That's assuming that Dinopolis would be any help against Lavos.  Given the outcome of the Polis War, I don't think that is likely.

Zaperking

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 18, 2005, 04:24:19 pm »
Quote from: GrayLensman

That's assuming that Dinopolis would be any help against Lavos.  Given the outcome of the Polis War, I don't think that is likely.

*Looks at Dragon God and elements and Dragon Tear, and the Einlanzer.*

GrayLensman

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 18, 2005, 05:56:12 pm »
Quote from: GrayLensman

*Looks at Dragon God and elements and Dragon Tear, and the Einlanzer.*

Do you think that the Dragonians could do anything against Lavos when they were unable to defeat Chronopolis?