Author Topic: The enlightened = the mystics?  (Read 7701 times)

Legend of the Past

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
The enlightened = the mystics?
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2006, 11:14:38 am »
Of course, evolution COULD work naturally. Some races MIGHT of been able to evolve and be the same level as humans. But nah, the Flame HAS to be involved, because if it's not Lavos related, it doesn't happan.

GreenGannon

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2006, 11:24:22 am »
Without Lavos, it still happens. Just slowly and without the glaring contradictions of love and hate.

ChronoMagus

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2006, 08:00:51 pm »
The Mystics still seem to me as experiments designed by Zeal, then after their great masters died in a firery explosion which wiped out the Enlightened race for the most part.  They realize they are free and then do as they please.  Ravaging the earth and such.  
Actually the whole Mystics are blood thirsty monsters thing cannot be true, seeing as what happens when you destroy Ozzie's castle.  They become normal creatures who want economic prosperity.  Too bad they didnt sell their equipment at decent prices when it was actually useful.

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2006, 01:38:10 am »
Quote from: Legend of the Past
Of course, evolution COULD work naturally. Some races MIGHT of been able to evolve and be the same level as humans. But nah, the Flame HAS to be involved, because if it's not Lavos related, it doesn't happan.

CHRONO FANBOY: ...without...Lavos...?
CHRONO FANGIRL: Look...the whole Chrono universe is based around Lavos. You can't even eat without Lavos
CHRONO FANBOY: *seizure*

GreenGannon

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2006, 03:45:47 am »
Well that certainly explains the Reptites/Dragonians. </sarcasm>

AuraTwilight

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2006, 01:39:55 pm »
*imagines a 1984 Universe with Lavos instead of Big Brother.*

Well, that explains the ceaseless, eternal war. XD

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Jean-Luc Picard says "It's time for Chrono Break".
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2006, 10:48:20 pm »
Quote from: AuraTwilight
*imagines a 1984 Universe with Lavos instead of Big Brother.*

Well, that explains the ceaseless, eternal war. XD

I had to read that over the summer for my Humanities class. It wasn't all that bad

Hmm . . . Lavos Is Watching You. Way too scary for me.

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2006, 10:50:11 pm »
Yes, but does Lavos have ministers? I thought not...hmph  :lee:

GreenGannon

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2006, 11:13:23 pm »
In honor of that, let's try a few quotes!

DOWN WITH LAVOS

"There was of course no way of knowing whether you were being watched at any given moment. How often, or on what system, the Lavos Spawn plugged in on any individual wire was guesswork"

"The birds sang, the Earthbound Ones sang. The Enlightened Ones did not sing. (II.9)"

"Here comes the Flame to light you to bed.
Here comes Lavos, oh sorry. You're dead."

"'How can I help seeing what is in front of my eyes? Two and two are four.'
'Sometimes, Crono. Sometimes they are five. Sometimes they are three. Sometimes they are all of them at once. You must try harder. It is not easy to become sane.'"

"Lavos seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power. Not wealth or luxury or long life or happiness: only power, pure power. What pure power means you will understand presently. We are different from all the oligarchies of the past, in that we know what we are doing. All the others, even those who resembled ourselves, were cowards and hypocrites. The Reptites and the Mystics came very close to us in their methods, but they never had the courage to recognize their own motives."

"No. I believe it. I know that you will fail. There is something in the universe-I don't know, some spirit, some principal-that you will never overcome."
"Do you believe in The Entity, Crono?"
"No."
"Then what is it, this principle that will defeat us?"
"I don't know. A Nu."

"You asked me once,' said Queen Zeal, 'what was in The Mammon Machine. I told you that you knew the answer already. Everyone knows it. The thing that is in The Mammon Machine is the worst thing in the world.'"

"He gazed up at the enormous face. Forty years it had taken him to learn what kind of smile was hidden beneath the spiked shell. O cruel, needless misunderstanding! O stubborn, self-willed exile from the loving maw! Two tonic-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose.But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Lavos."

Yeah, that was interesting. Yet, it almost seems to fit with a few words changed here and there.

AuraTwilight

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2006, 07:03:17 pm »
Ok, GreenGannon. You're done. You're just...you're done.

ChronoMagus

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2006, 09:00:41 pm »
That was very interesting...  :roll:

GreenGannon

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2006, 11:00:18 pm »
Quote from: AuraTwilight
Ok, GreenGannon. You're done. You're just...you're done.

Yeah, I am. C'mon lighten up.

curufeanor

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Re: The enlightened = the mystics?
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2008, 01:20:42 pm »
The Mystics still seem to me as experiments designed by Zeal, then after their great masters died in a firery explosion which wiped out the Enlightened race for the most part.  They realize they are free and then do as they please.  Ravaging the earth and such. 
Actually the whole Mystics are blood thirsty monsters thing cannot be true, seeing as what happens when you destroy Ozzie's castle.  They become normal creatures who want economic prosperity.  Too bad they didnt sell their equipment at decent prices when it was actually useful.
There's also evidence that by 1999AD, Mystics and Humans are no longer segregated and start working together.  There's one 1999AD factory you can enter, it's in one of the endings (dream team maybe?) and you can see Mystics and Humans working side by side.

Katie Skyye

• Poet of El Nido
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • And you'll never catch her...
    • View Profile
    • Katie Skyye's Deviantart
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2008, 09:18:38 pm »
Hmmm...why do you say that the Mystics could not have evolved without the Frozen Flame? (this may be a bit disjointed, so bear with me)

YES, the Flame sped up humanity's evolution, but the Reptites were already very advanced, even before Lavos fell. Obviously, the Frozen Flame merely helps the evolution process. Higher intelligence, however, can be evolved on its own. Besides, Ayla says some pretty intelligent things, though she says them in cave-speak. Obviously the foundations for intelligence are there--they just haven't fully evolved ways of expressing it.

Also, the Nu already have intelligence in the Prehistoric era. The Frozen Flame had nothing to do with this. Isn't it possible that the Mystics evolved normally, perhaps in another area of the globe?

Of course, if you're counting 'Mystics' as including not only Imps, but Henches, Diablos, Naga-Ettes, and the rest of Magus' troops, as well...

Then I'd have to say that they're probably Zealian inventions, as it's highly unlikely that such a lot of different monsters evolved intelligence.

Though Magus, Ozzie, and Flea could have given their troops intelligence, I suppose. Plus, there's that random Kilwala on the Denadoro level who can speak...Hmm...The rat in the future (and the Yellow Scout, and Sir Krawlie) can also speak, and show definite signs of intelligence, but that may be due to genetic manipulation before the Day of Lavos.

Oh, off-topic, but why is there a Yellow Scout in the future? It seems completely random. Did a random group of Scouts escape the Ocean Palace?

Anyway, that's all for tonight. I have to relinquish the computer.

MeshGearFox

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2008, 12:18:35 am »
I always thought the Mystics were some sort of outcast Zealinas -- experiments would be included, here. Enlightened monsters would also work, I guess. I donm't think there's really any concrete answer, although I think it's definitely implied via Mt. Woe that they're somehow connected to Zeal.

Also, I think it is interesting that the Mystics aren't really that evil, and that they probably had perfectly valid reasons to go to war against the humans. So, uh, given that a connection to Zeal is implied... let's assume they were experiments, that Zeal didn't like them and kicked them out, and that humans were pretty much the same way. They also have a functioning society, apparently. Anyway in this sense they're sort of like Ultima 6's Gargoyles. Anyway.

This is sort of interesting in that it makes another Zealian be their supposed savior. Or something.