Author Topic: Square-Enix Pre-E3 Press Conference  (Read 2259 times)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Square-Enix Pre-E3 Press Conference
« on: May 09, 2006, 02:53:34 am »
Square-Enix's pre-E3 press conference was held today, listing current projects and future planned titles. In summation, a bunch of new Final Fantasy titles and information was released, including two Crystal Chronicles games, Final Fantasy XIII (three titles total), a Dirge of Cerberus mobile game, the release dates for DoC and XII in the US, Before Crisis, Final Fantasy V and VI on GBA, Final Fantasy III on DS, and something about Crisis Core. No mention of the Chrono series was made, but before you go off ranting about how Square-Enix is milking Final Fantasy, remember that a corporation's primary function is to make business. SE has paid a lot of attention to franchises previously regarded as "dead" in the last few years, and as long as Final Fantasy is winning bread, the company can continue to revive and invest in new projects and old franchises. Our day will come. Their formal announcement is here.

Lynx

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Re: Square-Enix Pre-E3 Press Conference
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2006, 04:23:21 am »
oh I really wish they would!, Although I love FF!

mondragon369

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
    • www.moniker.nl
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2006, 09:33:32 am »
There was the announcement of a dragon quest title for Wii as well.
Even though it looks like it could be an adaptation of that standalone plug-in sword game title, three of the usual Dragon Quest big guys will be contributing. Two of which were members from the dream team, namely Yuji Horii and Akira Toriyama.

I know it may be clinging to straws in the wishful thinking department here, but it's still good to know there's still a working relationship between former "Trigger" members.
But I believe similar sentiments were already expressed on this site about a colaboration between Mitsuda and someone else (Horii as well?).

Here's hoping the virtual console will boost Chrono Trigger awareness at Square Enix by means of an overwhelming download of the original Chrono Trigger.
(virtual snes sequel anouncement next year anyone?)

a man can dream

ChronoMagus

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2006, 10:59:41 pm »
Once Enix fused with Square, strange things happened.  The era of the good old classics may never return.  At least there is the virtual console to rejoice.  Also if there is a Chrono series game, it probably wil lbe on a Nintendo console... which is good because I not tossing a ton of money for the dumb PS3...

grey_the_angel

• Alternate Primary Member
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • CC:ALSAT project leader/sole member >.>
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2006, 03:46:19 am »
god. why akira. everybody realizes he aboslutely sucks as an artist, but they JUST... KEEP... USING HIM!

grey_the_angel

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2006, 03:48:24 am »

:lee: NINJA VANISH!

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2006, 01:09:59 pm »
Cool pic.

Where's it from?

kian

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2006, 02:52:54 pm »
the pic was from a phony chrono game.

as for all the remakes im going to have to agree, im glad the older games are still getting the attention they deserve.  the older rpgs were more like interactive novels than video games, the newer games are all about the graphics and not the story.

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2006, 04:06:27 pm »

as for all the remakes im going to have to agree, im glad the older games are still getting the attention they deserve.  the older rpgs were more like interactive novels than video games, the newer games are all about the graphics and not the story.

Perfect example: FFX

Daniel Krispin

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2006, 03:14:45 am »

Yes, but it had a good feel to it. Story and character are not everything, I've heard - there's something to be said for style and emotion, and FFX does convey that. That might sound stupid, but I was reading the introduction to Seneca's plays today, and it said the very thing about him: he sacrifices plot and characterization for style and emotion. Something to think about in an age when we're all taught that characterization and plot are paramount.

grey_the_angel

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2006, 05:14:29 am »

I like ff10

also: interesting fact: ff7 had more ploygons per character then ff8  :lee: :jiraiya: :lee: :jiraiya: :lee: :jiraiya:

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2006, 05:35:09 am »

I like ff10

also: interesting fact: ff7 had more ploygons per character then ff8  :lee: :jiraiya: :lee: :jiraiya: :lee: :jiraiya:

Hmmm, weird. I always thought FF8's characters looked like crap, anyhow.

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2006, 06:36:38 pm »
Knowing our luck (our being Chrono fans) they'll make a Chrono game for the PS3 and then we'll all have to spend the 600$ to buy the system.  :( (Not to say I wouldn't do it in a heartbeat, I just would be sad that I'd have to spend that much )

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2006, 07:09:18 pm »
Rumor has it that Squenix is making alot of games for the Wii, including Dragon Quest 9. Maybe we'll be lucky and get it on a cheaper system.

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2006, 07:29:49 am »
Rumor has it that Squenix is making alot of games for the Wii, including Dragon Quest 9. Maybe we'll be lucky and get it on a cheaper system.

Yeah, I don't want to have to spend a pile of cash to get the PS3 for just one game. The Wii is enough!