Author Topic: Square-Enix to rerelease 16 games in Japan  (Read 3281 times)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Square-Enix to rerelease 16 games in Japan
« on: May 21, 2006, 01:00:14 pm »
Thanks to Legend of the Past for this update. Square-Enix is going to rerelease 16 smash hits in Japan for the Playstation console series. The sale begins July 20th. Best of all, this list includes Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross! I'm not sure if these actions will be repeated in the United States, but if you ever wanted acquire the Japanese versions of the game, this is your chance. The games will only cost about $13 each, but you will have to add import costs to that figure. Additionally, this is great news for the Chrono series on whole. Not only does it confirm a continued faith in the profitability of the series, but it may also secure new fans in the most important market of them all. More Japanese Chrono fans means a better likelihood of a new title or port coming out sometime in the future. For the full list of games coming out, click "Read More." Also, justin3009 has found the three secrets of the second Crimson Echoes demo first. Congratulations!

[hidden]# Star Ocean: Till the End of Time, PlayStation 2, 2,800 yen ($24.44 USD)
# Dragon Quest V: Tenkuu no Hanayome, PlayStation 2, 2,800 yen ($24.44 USD)
# Dragon Quest VIII: Sora to Umi to Daichi to Norowareshi Himegimi, PlayStation 2, 2,800 yen ($24.44 USD)
# Valkyrie Profile, PlayStation, 1,500 yen ($13.09 USD)
# Chrono Cross, PlayStation, 1,500 yen ($13.09 USD)
# Chrono Trigger, PlayStation, 1,500 yen ($13.09 USD)
# SaGa Frontier, PlayStation, 1,500 yen ($13.09 USD)
# SaGa Frontier 2, PlayStation, 1,500 yen ($13.09 USD)
# Dragon Quest IV: Michibikareshi Monotachi, PlayStation, 1,500 yen ($13.09 USD)
# Dragon Quest VII: Eden no Senshitachi, PlayStation, 2,500 yen ($21.82 USD)
# Final Fantasy VII, PlayStation, 2,500 yen ($21.82 USD)
# Final Fantasy VIII, PlayStation, 2,500 yen ($21.82 USD)
# Final Fantasy IX, PlayStation, 2,500 yen ($21.82 USD)
# Final Fantasy Tactics, PlayStation, 1,500 yen ($13.09 USD)
# Vagrant Story, PlayStation, 1,500 yen ($13.09 USD)
# Seiken Densetsu: Legend of Mana, PlayStation, 1,500 yen ($13.09 USD)[/hidden]

mondragon369

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
    • www.moniker.nl
Re: Square-Enix to rerelease 16 games in Japan
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2006, 07:33:08 pm »
Dear Square-Enix,
would you be so kind as to consider Europe for the release (yes only one "re-") of the Chrono Siblings (tm) please?
A continent (well that would probably be a bit on the optimistic side) would be grateful.
It's not as if the English speaking and accepting nations' version needs any real work...
An amount of 30000 cds (what's the official spelling: cds or cd's?) could do I suppose.
What's the price of the cd-rom medium these days again?
Can you spell free money? I suppose this is oversimplifying things but hey.

Thank you in advance sweet Square Enix sweet.
and one more "sweet" just for good luck

oh yes.
one more thing...
Final Fantasy Tactics...(whisper)
Give-it-to-us-NOW!
« Last Edit: May 22, 2006, 07:36:34 pm by mondragon369 »

joemomma

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2006, 08:39:27 pm »
not sure, but that maybe flashbacks your dealing with.

ClayAKAMe

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2006, 11:42:53 pm »
Hey. There is a Wal-Mart in Galveston, Texas that still has Final Fantasy Chronicles
still in stock and that includes the playstation remake of Final Fantasy IV and VI i think
and CHRONO TRIGGER.

If anyone would like to prove me wrong please do so before I lie to a bunch
of people that visit this site because I looked into it myself and I am not sure if this is true or not

ClayAKAMe

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2006, 02:13:21 am »
Check Wal-Mart.com it should tell you. ZeaLitY, why are you always online even this late? I know this isn't a chat room and you're probably thinking
why are you on so late.

Vehek

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2006, 02:26:40 am »
According to ZeaLity's profile, his local time is 6:26 AM as of this post. If that's correct, then it's morning for him as of this post!
« Last Edit: June 25, 2006, 02:34:16 am by Vehek »

ClayAKAMe

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2006, 02:33:31 am »
OK I see now. allright thanks. Kinda new here

Almighty Satan

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2006, 05:42:03 pm »
First off, how many people in here live in Texas?  I don't know for a fact, but I'm willing to bet it's a very small minority.  Secondly, you don't even know what games come in FFC.  So what makes you think anybody is going to believe you.

And also, Zeality, why are you so excited about these rereleases?  We already have all of those PSX games (note that they are PSX and not PS2 with the exception of three) and PSX games are not even being accepted in trade-ins at Gamestops or EB's anymore.  Whatever PSX's position is in Japan, it's all but dead here in the states.

I did not know that they remade DQ5 for the PS2, though.  I'm familiar with the SNES version but I'm wondering why that particular game was redone.

Magus068

• Acacia Deva (+500)
  • Speak the truth, even it leads to your death!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2006, 12:42:01 am »
Ah, good ol' nostalgic games... But I wish they'll also release some english version. Good games is so hard to find these days.

Almighty Satan

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2006, 04:19:26 pm »
You mean to tell me that, up until the beginning of last June, that you couldn't look into the game bargin bins and find these games for $15 or less?  You mean to tell me that you couldn't look in the PSX shelf and find, at least, one of those games in there?  Granted, some of those games are rarer then others.  But you've had every chance to get these titles already.

Furthermore, look at the company Chrono Trigger/Cross is with.  SaGa Frontier!?  That series blows!  SE thinks they can milk more money from those games?  They should have let SaGa die after Romacing SaGa 3.

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2006, 04:25:37 am »
First off, how many people in here live in Texas?  I don't know for a fact, but I'm willing to bet it's a very small minority.  Secondly, you don't even know what games come in FFC.  So what makes you think anybody is going to believe you.

And also, Zeality, why are you so excited about these rereleases?  We already have all of those PSX games (note that they are PSX and not PS2 with the exception of three) and PSX games are not even being accepted in trade-ins at Gamestops or EB's anymore.  Whatever PSX's position is in Japan, it's all but dead here in the states.

I did not know that they remade DQ5 for the PS2, though.  I'm familiar with the SNES version but I'm wondering why that particular game was redone.
It is because Zeality (or someone) thinks that that shows Square Enix have interest in the Chrono Series. Now, I'm no devils advocate (haha!...) but that is a pretty stupid assumption.

Almighty Satan

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2006, 10:26:11 am »
If you are answering my second paragraph, it would appear to me that the only assumption that I made was the unclear sentence about everybody already having those games.  I, of course, meant that the US has had these games available to us for quite some time now, and then some.

The other, supposed, assumption that I appeared to have made was the the PSX is all but dead here in the States.  This isn't a hypothosis or theory, this is fact.  Not in a sense that nobody has an interest in PSX games anymore.  But it's in a sense that companies (US counterparts and US/Canada founded) no longer see any economic value in PSX games anymore.  This claim is supported by EB and Gamestop when they ceased to accept N64 and PSX console and game trade-ins as of last June.  So if you want these games to be rereleased here in the States (or Europe for that matter) don't hold your breath.  Hell, why don't you start praying for a rerelease of PSO for the Dreamcast while you're at it?

And from your (and Zeality's) assumption that Square still has a solid interest in the Chrono series (which they may, indeed, have) I have clearly stated that the Chrono games are in pretty shitty company with the SaGa Frontier games, which bombed in sales, if I recall correctly.  So...uh...yeah.  I would kind of hope you'd pick up where I was going with that.

Almighty Satan

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2006, 10:30:34 am »
I'm not saying, "Don't ever wish for another Chrono game."  I'm saying, "Don't set you hopes too high based on circumstancial evidence."

This is a concept that many kids and retards in the Chrono Trigger community tend to have trouble with.

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2006, 10:34:52 pm »
Wait, are they rereleasing FFC or releasing a single playstation version of Trigger?

Almighty Satan

« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2006, 03:36:44 am »
It's a single game.  FFC doesn't exist in Japan.  The PSX versions of FF 4-6 were all released as one set over in Japan.  The PSX version of CT was always sold by itself.