Author Topic: Mitsuda reveals willingness for new Chrono, info on Cross arrange  (Read 3990 times)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
N-Sider recently conducted an interview with Yasunori Mitsuda before the opening night of the PLAY concert. Within the interview, Mitsuda noted that he would love to compose for a possible new Chrono game, and that the Chrono Cross Arrange would be wrapped up sometime this year. He also noted it would be an acoustic sort of thing (in contrast to Brink of Time, the acid jazz Chrono Trigger arrangement). The interview is here. Additionally, I have suddenly found myself without contacts with pictures or stories about the PLAY concert, so if you were in attendance, feel free to venture any material you have. Discuss
« Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 07:05:17 pm by ZeaLitY »

grey_the_angel

• Alternate Primary Member
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • CC:ALSAT project leader/sole member >.>
    • View Profile
Re: Mitsuda reveals willingness for new Chrono, info on Cross arrange
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2006, 01:21:53 am »
N-Sider recently conducted an interview with Yasunori Mitsuda before the opening night of the PLAY concert. Within the interview, Mitsuda noted that he would love to compose for a possible new Chrono game, and that the Chrono Cross Arrange would be wrapped up sometime this year. He also noted it would be an acoustic sort of thing (in contrast to Brink of Time, the acid jazz Chrono Trigger arrangement). The interview is here. Additionally, I have suddenly found myself without contacts with pictures or stories about the PLAY concert, so if you were in attendance, feel free to venture any material you have. I will probably have something soon.
thank you jesus! *gets down on knees* THANK YA JESUS! OH LORDY LORD!

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
  • Jean-Luc Picard says "It's time for Chrono Break".
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2006, 10:58:11 am »
Very gooooood. At least we know Mitsuda still has a spark for Chrono.

I wasn't too impressed with the CT arrange though. I'll probably end up getting the CC arrange just to have it.

Cooper

• Guardian (+100)
  • aka Lightningstrike
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2006, 01:15:28 pm »
Thats is cool.  8)
Now we only need a new Game.

GreenGannon

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2006, 01:39:03 pm »
Don't get me wrong, I'm really glad to hear this, but it doesn't really do anything unless Kato would be willing to make a game.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2006, 02:05:53 pm »
Don't get me wrong, I'm really glad to hear this, but it doesn't really do anything unless Kato would be willing to make a game.

If Kato simply wants to make a new game, he would still have to convince Square. OR if Square wants a new game, they would still have to convince Kato...

grey_the_angel

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2006, 03:05:00 pm »

If Kato simply wants to make a new game, he would still have to convince Square. OR if Square wants a new game, they would still have to convince Kato...
actually, if square wanted to make a new game, they could just say "fuck kato." and make one.

GreenGannon

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2006, 03:34:05 pm »
Then it would suck.

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2006, 04:01:34 pm »
So far Square Enix has never made a sequel to one of their game without the participation or the consent of the original director.

grey_the_angel

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2006, 05:32:31 pm »
So far Square Enix has never made a sequel to one of their game without the participation or the consent of the original director.
or made a final fantasy without the heroine  looking more manly the the hero. ooo... cheapshot.

ChronoMagus

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2006, 06:34:52 pm »
We have to hope he is foreshadowing something... then again I just got an email from Square-Enix of America saying their parent company Square-Enix of Japan has no intention of releasing a sequel to that series at this current time...

Well we can still hope.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2006, 06:52:27 pm »
:shock: OMG OMG OMG! :shock:

Did ZeaLitY :lee: just quote Linkin Park??

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2006, 07:37:06 pm »
It's an OCR inside joke. Any time someone expresses anger or sadness at something, it's followed by KRAWLING IN MY SKIN as sort of a joke (if it isn't a serious thread). That, or "livejournal plz".

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2006, 07:45:15 pm »
This was followed up with what I definitely considered the high-point of the night: an arrangement of four songs from Mitsuda's Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross scores. Part of it was certainly because there really aren't any available orchestrated versions of songs from either of the Chrono games (aside from one recording of the main theme of Trigger on Orchestral Game Concert V, released in 1995), but the other part is just because the songs sound so perfect played by a full orchestra. The arrangement started off with the main theme from CT, and then went into "Time's Scar" from Chrono Cross, complete with electric guitar and Rony Barrak, who had done the percussion on the Battlefield arrangement. Barrak really made the piece perfect, throwing in a level of percussion that existed in the original track but elevating it with a lot more technical notes and fills. From there, we went into a fan-pleasing short snippet of "Frog's Theme," which sounded incomprehensibly majestic, and then marched into Trigger's "To Far Away Times," an absolutely gorgeous rendition of the ending theme which capped the whole suite excellently. The worst thing about this song is that it didn't go on for another five minutes. I was left with a perpetual grin on my face during its entire duration, and the song is a shining reason why there absolutely needs to be an officially released recording of the arrangement and the concert in general. The suite received a very large and enthusiastic standing ovation.

*faint*

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2006, 11:45:06 pm »
Yeah, I'm honestly wondering if someone got a bootleg. Damnit, we'll never know. Keep your eyes open.