Author Topic: Weird Techs found while Hex editing!  (Read 3099 times)

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Weird Techs found while Hex editing!
« on: May 31, 2006, 07:56:52 pm »
I found some weird techs that I don't recognize at all and I was wondering if you could help me identify them O.o  There is screwed up graphics considering it's using regular attacks and not tech menu.

http://www.savefile.com/files.php?fid=4276617

Sorry about this, i can't host it on this site it's 2 big ><

Rom Manic

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Re: Weird Techs found while Hex editing!
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2006, 02:42:51 am »
Hmm...Seems like just something Squaresoft wanted to have in there, but removed it because of other, more promising techs.  It probably had a guy holding a flame, or some case with fire (For those familiar with the Prometheus myth, you know what I'm talking about) for the first one, and the second one was the same guy throwing the fire around.

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2006, 08:12:04 am »
I have more like that, i also found some weird sound effect in the game but I think i recorded the movie in the wrong place  :( so no hosting ;_;  I think i also may have found either an unused fire sword or a incomplete one.  It's kind of weird...I'll host the regular one and this one later tonight and I also found 2 triple raids or something =/

« Last Edit: June 01, 2006, 08:17:02 am by justin3009 »

Vargose

• Chrono Trigger Threads of Time
  • Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2006, 11:32:26 am »
well the first one definitely involves chrono. The second could involve either lucca or magus really. I think the key here is finding out who was originally part of this tech. Then it will porbably make more sense. But either way the first one is still cool.

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2006, 12:51:05 pm »
I did find out though the attack uses the weapon graphics when they attack, not just random stuff.   That could raelly prove alot of points that has been going funky.  And i thought the tech might be lucca or magus but I don't think it is because when i tried it, the game just freezes on them for some odd reason.  :/ i'll experiment with it more at home.

but2002

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • Death Omen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2006, 11:06:29 pm »
Is this a Video? If so, Im missing a codec....... Not good!

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2006, 08:13:40 am »
Divx Codec Thing I think.  =/  Yes, it's a video showing some weird triple techs i found while hex editing ><