Author Topic: Check Here for Latest Rom  (Read 6118 times)

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Re: Check Here for Latest Rom
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2006, 06:55:49 pm »
Boy howdy that's a lot of fricken text.

I've done up to Zeal, and got everything but enhasa finished in the text revolution.

I'd finish today but I'm camping.  Anyways if someone wants ton continue the work just transfer text that isn't red in Zeality's Dialogue thread in the plot board.  I didn't get around to populating his new enhasa room with NPC's but it's a copy paste of the NPC's in enhasa. 

But anyways if you wanna take her for a spin you'll notice all new dialogue from demo 2 till the right before finding notes.  A nice populated 602 Vanguard, and new NPC text after Frog joins your party.

--JP

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: July 22, 2006, 06:59:28 pm by jsondag2 »

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2006, 10:51:48 pm »
*Faints*

*gets back up*

Got another one of Zeality's post back.  All that left is the crucial decision and if Zeality gets to it Marle text.  Then I'll actually get to add new stuff to the rom (whoo). 

Anyways this rom has some text that literally made me laugh (it involves dalton). 

New stuff:

Now to solve the riddle just talk to the Nu in Kajar's back room twice (eventually we'll put Chrono 99's awesome epoch name screen here), then hit the book in front of the enhasa secret lab
Dalton Scene after getting notes
Long scene explaining history of the flame after leaving Zeal

--jp

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2006, 11:09:43 pm »
Just wondering, the line breaks seem to have died for the Chronopolis speech when you bring Glenn back. I liked how Lavos stands up when he appears. But the music that plays at the end of that should be Lavos's theme instead of Brink of TIme. Also, I had Robo, Magus, and Marle in my party when Belthasar activated the search for the Flame. After analyzing it and telling the party to go to prehistory, Marle ran out of the room and I couldn't move the others.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2006, 11:18:39 pm by ZeaLitY »

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2006, 11:36:13 pm »
Music: 

Easy enough I'll fix it.

Line breaks:

Ugh, it looks like it was to long so it cut it off (I think that's what you're talking about)

Robo Freeze:

Whoops forgot you can't call "Party follow" from within a party members arbitrary.  it's fixed.

--jp
« Last Edit: July 24, 2006, 12:00:32 am by jsondag2 »

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2006, 12:52:37 am »
K, fixed those bugs and added the critical decision text in too. 

Go ahead and go through....I realize that there's some glitched text but I just wanted to atleast get it in there.  I fixed it if it was overrunning to the left but didn't fix when small parts of letters dissapeared.

Also remember that for some reason TF changes the music to silence, I haven't fixed that in alot of rooms simply because it's annoying as hell to fix it, then come back and edit again later and it break again..  I'll do a mass music/ small text glitch fix later.

For now I've caught up to Zeality on text so next thing I'll do is code that forest.  For now enjoy those nice new text that Zeality has written.  Tell me if there's any more critical bugs/scene whines.

--jp

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2006, 02:37:51 am »
Added more dialogu.........nope just kidding.

Fixed alot of Cyber's bugs (Even Ferry.....whooo!).  Forgot to fix the way they face when they enter the dungeon though, whoops.  I also got most of the forest done.  YOu can atleast follow the right path to get out.  So go to Marle's area, walk to the forest in the south west (I haven't put an exit name but go to the dip in the forest and activate it and you should enter it), then follow the Goldeneye Golden gun code (it's in the Marle idea thread, I forgot it at the moment).  If you go the right directions you should end up on the other side of the forest.  Neat stuff. 

--jp

« Last Edit: July 25, 2006, 02:45:26 am by jsondag2 »

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2006, 12:16:22 am »
K, fixed some bugs and finished off 1 AD.

Reptite Forest should be done now, the three "important areas" are all found in the last room.  If you go right you get to the "spies" if you go left you find the girl that Cedric asks you to go find.  And going up you get to TT.  I also added the final scene, so Marle looks out the window and sees cedric get trapped. 

I also added a captured human in TT that Marle can help though I haven't put him back in the town after you capture him.  However I did set a bit to we can reward Marle somehow if we want. 

Finally, before Cedric gives Marle the key to TT he asks her to to rescue the girl.  So just go through reptite forest but go left instead of up at the top now. . The girl is there.  Then go back to Cedric and he gives her the key so she can go through terra tower.

Looks like it's time to start working on the 1999 AD Reptite plot......playable 1999 here we come.

--JP

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2006, 05:14:40 pm »
Alrighty moving right along........I made a new person in the debug room it's Janus he's south of all the other people.  He'll take you to right after the 1 AD Marle Reptite Events.

Our team members wake up in a Reptite version of Truce canyon (thanks to Nightmare)
They then go out to a new OW that will definately need to be cleaned up (1 AD's needs to be cleaned up to)
There's quite a few new places to visit all which can be cleaned up (they aren't populated yet)
But at the main meeting spot there's a part that I think came out fricken awesome.  If you go in there and talk to the Azala Sprite (his name currently is Lazaa) you'll get to see the coded strength contest.  I think it came out pretty sweet.  Check it out.

Finally kudos to Crono 99 for cleaning up all the Singing Mountain caves AND making the Nu Riddle in Kajar.

Note:  Nightmare we'll put in the medic center once we get to the 1999 part because we'll be using that OW for chronopolis.

--jp

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2006, 12:34:30 am »
Just posting some scene whines.

First confrontation:

-After the screen fades, cut the music and play long explosion and any other catastrophic sound effects you can add on top of it through simultaneous stuff. 4 seconds total.
-Cut to pure silence for 3 second. Then make the transition.

Marle thing:

-Since no Zeal, Cedric won't have a pendant sadly.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2006, 02:28:39 am »
phew......long day there.

I cleaned up reptite forest a little.  Also, A large chunk of 1002 AD is done here (beta).  I populated all those locations I mentioned earlier and now you can go farther along in plot.

--talk to Janus in Debug room
--Wake up go through truce canyon (with right priorities courtesy of Chrono 99)
--win strength competition
--talk to Lazaa in his cave
--go to TT
--Beat Zalaa
--climb up through 4th floor of TT

I stopped there I'm going to make a series of fights in that room.

Now here's an issue.......

Cyber's save from earlier for some reason has a memory address written to (7f0060)......hopefully this is a fluke but we well......maybe I messed up.  If someone could go through the whole game making sure they open every chest it would help.  You know if 7f0060 is written to if you don't start in a room with 2 NPC's for reptite forest (with Marle).

EDIT:  NM I found it....it was the Zeal riddle I had it using the same address.  I've fixed it in the latest patch sorry for the inconvenience haha...you should be able to play normal up to crucial decision then after that start a new game with the debug room.  Also I forgot to mentoin that Chrono 99 put in his riddle maker so now instead of just talking to the Nu twice you have to talk to him and put in KAJAR for the answer.  (I know the answer doesn't make sense).  Anywhos tomorrow's patch will fixe the reptite forest glitch.

--jp

« Last Edit: August 06, 2006, 03:08:30 am by jsondag2 »

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2006, 07:21:49 pm »
finished beta version of 1002 Ad.  Lots of fights in that top level of Terra Tower.  I also went ahead and changed the points of son of sun and son of sun's flame to Azalas.  We can change em later if we want.

--jpj

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 06, 2006, 09:56:01 pm »
So it turned out that suddenly 1999 was corrupted......by  going to a back up (hurray for backups) I found that my last backup was good.....what did I do between those two patches......put in the new Azalas.  So I exported the events and such and everything is all good now (HUGE sigh of relief).  Anyways that was my last attempt at ever ever ever doing something graphics related.  haha.  Though........it did work it just hurt something else..  So if someone can make the new Azala's for me that'd be awesome (I really think we should get someone who knows the pointers better to work on it, Chrono Tweaker...DID work...). 

Anywhos as a special treat to make this patch atleast slightly updated I added the Chronopolis OW whoo.  The old Coliseum exit will take you to the overworld.  You can go to the medical center or the coliseum.  Note that the OW still needs some work not drawing wise just making it so you don't walk on top of certain parts.

--jp

Janus Zeal

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2006, 03:52:08 am »
Jesus, have I ever missed a lot. I guess that's what a month of vacation will do to you.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2006, 10:21:51 am »
haha welcome back.  The project definately has some momentum right now (which is good since we'll probably be hitting a dry spell once school starts). 

--jp

Janus Zeal

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 09, 2006, 04:51:05 pm »
Yeah, the project has made tons of progress since July. I'm gone (again) for the next few days, but when I get back I'll assist in any way I can. Hell, reading up on all the topics I missed will take a day on its own.