Author Topic: Fanfiction Update  (Read 1571 times)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Fanfiction Update
« on: June 07, 2006, 07:29:12 pm »
New fanfiction pieces are up, including a lot of stuff in the backlog. Specifically, new entries are Asuyuka - Sleeping Sun, Chains of Fate - Legacy, Mystik3eb - Scars of Time, Shadow - Time Circuits, Great Farki - Observers: Black Wind, Grey the Angel - Chrono Crystal: A Love Story Across Time, Leebot - The Wraith of Gaia, Mavix - Chrono Adventure, and Rockin' Nikki - Lost Tales: The Adventures of Pierre, Nikki, and Miki. Additionally, a new piece of fanart detailing Crono in a Kingdom Hearts style by Doozer509 is up. Check them out; head to Fanfiction, and for the art, click here. Additionally, good news. The Chrono Trigger Retranslation is seventy percent done. When the last 30% is translated, we will release the script.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2006, 07:31:19 pm by ZeaLitY »

Ramsus

Re: Fanfiction Update
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2006, 07:44:53 pm »
Remember, the last 10% is almost always the longest and hardest in coming.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2006, 10:26:02 am »
Keep up the awesome work on the retranslation.  Based on the "retranslation discussion" thread, it's pretty damn awesome.

Question:  Is it possible to release it in the method that Pre TF 2.0 had the strings (load array and you had a bunch of boxes with text in it)?  If it is once CE is finished I'll download an old version of TF and start copying and pasting the text in to those arrays.

--jp

but2002

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • Death Omen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2006, 07:17:01 pm »
Ahh, I will also try to release a IPS patch for the updated script!

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2006, 07:30:07 pm »
Keep up the awesome work on the retranslation.  Based on the "retranslation discussion" thread, it's pretty damn awesome.

Question:  Is it possible to release it in the method that Pre TF 2.0 had the strings (load array and you had a bunch of boxes with text in it)?  If it is once CE is finished I'll download an old version of TF and start copying and pasting the text in to those arrays.

--jp

Don't think so. The lines are too long.

joe_devore

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
    • Vector Engineering
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2006, 03:21:22 am »
By any chance are they going to use a VFW font for the retranslation:?

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2006, 12:25:18 pm »
If a rom hack is made, I hope an 8vwf is used; maybe Chronotools will help. But at this point, we're not sure if a rom hack is on the order. The script features the original, the Japanese, and the translation all side by side in three columns, and I'm preparing an article pointing out all the differences.

Daniel Krispin

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2006, 01:33:44 pm »
New fanfiction pieces are up, including a lot of stuff in the backlog. Specifically, new entries are Asuyuka - Sleeping Sun, Chains of Fate - Legacy, Mystik3eb - Scars of Time, Shadow - Time Circuits, Great Farki - Observers: Black Wind, Grey the Angel - Chrono Crystal: A Love Story Across Time, Leebot - The Wraith of Gaia, Mavix - Chrono Adventure, and Rockin' Nikki - Lost Tales: The Adventures of Pierre, Nikki, and Miki. Additionally, a new piece of fanart detailing Crono in a Kingdom Hearts style by Doozer509 is up. Check them out; head to Fanfiction, and for the art, click here. Additionally, good news. The Chrono Trigger Retranslation is seventy percent done. When the last 30% is translated, we will release the script.

Darn it, I really need to get around to sending you Twilight of Fate, eh? That thing's one of the longest CT/CC fanfiction, and the only places it exists is fanfiction.net and my own site. The problem is, I've rather forgotten about it because of more recent writing projects. But if I remember I'll send it to you for the next update.

How should it be formatted, again?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2006, 06:32:34 pm by Daniel Krispin »