Author Topic: Chrono Trigger Doubleshot: Price & Flaw Studies  (Read 2236 times)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Chrono Trigger Doubleshot: Price & Flaw Studies
« on: June 27, 2006, 11:43:00 am »
Two new features are up. The first is a study aiming to discover whether Chrono Trigger is rare compared to its SNES brethren and what the average price is for different sales. The second is the results discussion of the recent poll on Chrono Trigger's worst flaw. If you're looking to buy or sell Chrono Trigger or just want to kill some time reading something new about the series, check these out. The price guide is here and the flaw poll results are here.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono Trigger doubleshot: price & flaw studies
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2006, 11:44:32 am »
Ugh, the title looks like absolute crap with uncapitalized words. I'm bucking grammar here on out for news titles.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
Re: Chrono Trigger Doubleshot: Price & Flaw Studies
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2006, 05:16:23 pm »
Seriously though, Chrono Trigger's only flaw is that it's only managed 1 & 1/2 sequals...It should have overshadowed the Final Fantasy series by now...:'(

grey_the_angel

• Alternate Primary Member
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • CC:ALSAT project leader/sole member >.>
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2006, 05:23:57 pm »
Seriously though, Chrono Trigger's only flaw is that it's only managed 1 & 1/2 sequals...It should have overshadowed the Final Fantasy series by now...:'(
which one is the half a sequal?

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2006, 05:35:11 pm »
Who's to say? I was thinking RD though, mainly because it wasn't released in NA...but I suppose I could see people arguing other reasons for either sequal...>_> Which makes this oh so serious of flaws all the more horrible!

Edit: Oh yeah, ZeaLitY, I was wondering, will this be followed up by a similar price watch study of Chrono Cross? I think that would be just as interesting to know about...
« Last Edit: June 27, 2006, 05:37:45 pm by V_Translanka »

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2006, 05:41:54 pm »
Chrono Cross is sold through regular retailers for 19.99.

joemomma

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2006, 08:05:13 pm »
dude if they rode out chrono trigger like they did FF there wouldn't be this many people here today. FF has great heart touching storys, allways up to date graphics and soo much more, it's just....... ya know when you fuck a bitch more than 100 times and it gets old..... well thats FF, that old bitch you rode out thoughout it's lifespan just to figure out the hero's of our kids's kids is going to have a womanishh hairstyle and he's a mute who just kills the treat of mankind. same story different details. Does anyone know what im trying to say cause i was looking back at what i was typing and im a little confused. (Phrase god for 1 1/2 Chrono games)

ClayAKAMe

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2006, 12:41:06 am »
Ok. joemomma I think you're saying if you put too manny sequels to Chrono Trigger out there it won't be as special. If you're looking at 12 or more different CT's then you get tired of it. It's like OK their releasing a 13th Chrono Trigger game whoopdee friggin doo. hey maybe it'll be better than the last 12 games that eventually ran out of original ideas past the7th game. Ok I'm lost. well any ways joemomma lost me at the hero's of our kids blah blah blah.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2006, 05:14:21 pm »
Yes, I found most of his post to be confusing dribble as well...Especially since every FF is so different that it can't be like riding the same woman. It's a bad comparison. At the very least it's like riding a really kinky woman who likes to dress up...and role-play (:lol:). Every FF is in a different world and portrays a different story (minus X-2, I guess). It's barely a series when you think of it this way, just a lot of different games w/the same prefixed title, and mostly the same development teams (i think?).

The Chrono series has just as much (if not more) potential to be like FF in this way. I just want a "Chrono" series w/the Chrono development team and some of the basic ideas and principles behind the games...1) Interesting characters, 2) Great storyline, and 3) Something quite a bit Sci-Fi just to liven up the mix.

ClayAKAMe

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2006, 02:30:23 am »
Well you got a point. But FF get's old after a while. Expect to hear Final Fantasy for the next 10 or more years. A new addition to CT would be great but not 12. I think what makes Chrono Trigger so great is that no matter how many times you play it it's got something new for you. Do you think the guys at Square flinch when someone says Final Fantasy. Here we go again.

Almighty Satan

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2006, 05:46:04 pm »
Well you got a point. But FF get's old after a while. Expect to hear Final Fantasy for the next 10 or more years. A new addition to CT would be great but not 12. I think what makes Chrono Trigger so great is that no matter how many times you play it it's got something new for you. Do you think the guys at Square flinch when someone says Final Fantasy. Here we go again.

What are you smoking?  With a few exceptions, all the Final Fantasy games differ greatly from each other.  And I'd love to know what new things you are finding in an old 1995 RPG after a 30th, or so, playthrough.

Magus068

• Acacia Deva (+500)
  • Speak the truth, even it leads to your death!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2006, 12:32:07 am »
Haven't you guys notice that the FF series has the same story patern? Boy meets girl & girl meets boy, they fell in love & kill the bad guy who tries to destroy the world. That's why you said that its like "old bitch you rode out thoughout it's lifespan."

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2006, 09:03:26 am »
Haven't you guys notice that the FF series has the same story patern? Boy meets girl & girl meets boy, they fell in love & kill the bad guy who tries to destroy the world. That's why you said that its like "old bitch you rode out thoughout it's lifespan."

Hero kills bad guy is the template for almost every epic passed down in human history.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2006, 07:37:05 am »

Hero kills bad guy is the template for almost every epic passed down in human history.
I've always liked Matsuno's games for bringing a bit of "anti-clichés" in this template... In FFT, it's Hero kills bad guy then imposter "kills" the hero and takes all the credits... And in Vagrant Story, the whole template is reversed as you are working for a powerful kingdom against a small rebellion, instead of the opposite (rebels against evil empire...).