Author Topic: A question for all you Anime fans  (Read 11922 times)

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
Re: A question for all you Anime fans
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2006, 07:38:17 am »
Shinji masturbating over a half-naked comatose Asuka? I'm there.
Neon Genesis Evangelion is one of the most beautiful anime I have ever seen.

Magus068

• Acacia Deva (+500)
  • Speak the truth, even it leads to your death!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2006, 03:30:11 am »
Escaflowne the movie is kinda awkward to see. Not enough dramatics to spice up the story.

If ever you guys want to see the mangas of Escaflowne try this site http://www.stoptazmo.com/

Hadriel

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2006, 03:52:06 am »

That's quite possibly the most quotable anime anecdote I've ever heard.  It's also scarily true, and a testament to the fact that every native-born Japanese male is a pedo freak.  This is almost normal in their society.  By contrast, Hideaki Anno was hopped up on Prozac for the last third of the series and the movies.

Legend of the Past

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2006, 05:30:45 pm »

That's quite possibly the most quotable anime anecdote I've ever heard.  It's also scarily true, and a testament to the fact that every native-born Japanese male is a pedo freak.  This is almost normal in their society.  By contrast, Hideaki Anno was hopped up on Prozac for the last third of the series and the movies.

Don't know about that, but yeah, he went crazy. He must of been holding it in for 15 episodes, and it all blew up in the last ones. End of Evangelion, for all it's beauty and all, really tests your sexuality and sanity. Also, some of the alternative endings for End of Evangelion are gonna freak the living hell out of you, making the 'Kimochi Warui' ending look like 'happily ever after'. I MEAN IT.

Zansatsu Hana

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2006, 02:38:38 pm »
Surprisingly, this is actually one of those few animes where you can't say a mentally disturbed teenager masturbating over a half-naked comatose hot chick is the strangest part of the series. I love this anime so much. Everything is amazing. It really is one of the only animes filled with mind fucks galore that really does make you question your own humanity and the existence of everything else. I can't say enough good things about this anime. People ask me why I love anime so much and this show is one of those reasons. There's hardly a single American show and/or movie that puts any mindfucks in them at all and makes you think as much as a lot of anime does. I wish people would see this and understand. 

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2006, 09:53:48 am »
Surprisingly, this is actually one of those few animes where you can't say a mentally disturbed teenager masturbating over a half-naked comatose hot chick is the strangest part of the series. I love this anime so much. Everything is amazing. It really is one of the only animes filled with mind fucks galore that really does make you question your own humanity and the existence of everything else. I can't say enough good things about this anime. People ask me why I love anime so much and this show is one of those reasons. There's hardly a single American show and/or movie that puts any mindfucks in them at all and makes you think as much as a lot of anime does. I wish people would see this and understand. 

TOTALLY AGREED. Any human above the age of 14 who possess an inkling of intellegence should watch Neon Genesis Evangelion. And intrestingly enough, I've developed a great fright of Tang after watching EoE. I hope I don't need to expand.

Zansatsu Hana

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2006, 08:52:08 pm »
yea, the way they did that was really strange.

grey_the_angel

• Alternate Primary Member
  • CC:ALSAT project leader/sole member >.>
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2006, 08:48:44 pm »

TOTALLY AGREED. Any human above the age of 14 who possess an inkling of intellegence should watch Neon Genesis Evangelion. And intrestingly enough, I've developed a great fright of Tang after watching EoE. I hope I don't need to expand.
please expand.

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2006, 06:19:58 am »
Well, I won't spoil it, but after watching this pic and doing the natural connection to what happans in EoE, I've really gotten scared of Tang. Later on, I've gotten over the fear, and can now look at the pic calmly, but it's neither the less a sick joke. Still, It's come after I've gotten past my stage where Evangelion was freaking the hell out of me, and can look at the movie perfectly calmly. Well, as calmly as one can look at a movie that has these two pics. (Be warned, the first pic is sexually explicit and rather sick, and the pic below can be disturbing and sickening. Enter at your own risk. And in case you're wondering, YES, those pics WERE in the movie and were not doctored at any way).

http://evacommentary.org/episode-m25/m25_C026F_col-disc.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y289/Reichu/m25_asuka-the-maggoty.jpg

Magus068

• Acacia Deva (+500)
  • Speak the truth, even it leads to your death!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2006, 06:32:25 am »
DAMN... I wish I could see the series with those cuts. Worse than that, the series that I had watch had been localized so that the masses could easily understand it.

I hate those damn moral police!!!!!!!

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2006, 08:08:52 pm »
Creepy, makes me want to see it even more :lol:

Daniel Krispin

« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2006, 08:42:29 pm »
Why do people always seem to want to equate 'disturbing' with 'good' these days? It's a strange tendancy, I've found. From the way it sounds, I don't think I'd ever want to see it - why need your mind be messed with like that? There are better ways to expand your mind, I should think. It is true that much modern western media is rather simplistic, but not all, nor need it be disturbing to give one new insight.

Me, I'll stay away from it as best I can. If I want something that gives one pause and contemplation, I'll go read Shakespeare or Sophocles or Homer. Not the worst death, not the wickedness of Atreus, is this bad. And if I want to be a little disturbed, I'll go read Petronius, but even he doesn't seem to be like this. I have never understood why people are so interested in seeing this sort of thing.

For anime, heck, I'll stick with Miyazaki. Nausicaa, Castle in the Sky... those were good films. They were in most every way superior to what western animators make. But this? I guess I have to ask, why? What dose it benefit me to see things like this?

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2006, 08:48:56 pm »
Like most things in this day and age, absolutly nothing! :D

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2006, 09:02:47 pm »
Why do people always seem to want to equate 'disturbing' with 'good' these days? It's a strange tendancy, I've found. From the way it sounds, I don't think I'd ever want to see it - why need your mind be messed with like that? There are better ways to expand your mind, I should think. It is true that much modern western media is rather simplistic, but not all, nor need it be disturbing to give one new insight.

Me, I'll stay away from it as best I can. If I want something that gives one pause and contemplation, I'll go read Shakespeare or Sophocles or Homer. Not the worst death, not the wickedness of Atreus, is this bad. And if I want to be a little disturbed, I'll go read Petronius, but even he doesn't seem to be like this. I have never understood why people are so interested in seeing this sort of thing.

For anime, heck, I'll stick with Miyazaki. Nausicaa, Castle in the Sky... those were good films. They were in most every way superior to what western animators make. But this? I guess I have to ask, why? What dose it benefit me to see things like this?

I've got to echo these sentiments. I'd prefer to come away from Naruto feeling like I have the passionate power to accomplish anything thanks to Rock Lee's inspirational youth.

grey_the_angel

• Alternate Primary Member
  • CC:ALSAT project leader/sole member >.>
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2006, 11:26:17 pm »
you mean Gai's springtime of youth!

ZEALIT! *u* *bear hugs*