Author Topic: A question for all you Anime fans  (Read 11862 times)

cupn00dles

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Beneath this mask there is more than flesh.
    • View Profile
Re: A question for all you Anime fans
« Reply #60 on: August 09, 2006, 04:32:49 pm »
You have a point, I was just about to say that. So the one that sealed the nine tails can be just a kage bushin of Yondaime & thus he might still be alive using the same strategy as Sandaime used.
Yondaime used naruto as a housing unit cause the nine tailed fox is the strongest of all the demons, and couldn't be completely destoried in a seal as orochimaru could, so he was instead locked into a newborn, naruto, in which the body could eventually get used to housing the power of the demon fox and grow with it to match the strength of the beast inside. Essentualy, Naruto was the kagebushin in Yondaime's seal, and the kagebushin in sandaime's version was the reason sandaime didn't have enough strength to completely take out orochimaru's soul (well... that and the sword through the chest. he was simply too drained from the fight.)
Considering Yondaime is Kakashi's sensai, I don't think kakashi would take much kindly to know he was played for a full my his master.

Watch it again bro! The sealing jutsu was canceled! Maybe it was just a ploy so that people would think that Yondaime is dead. Maybe there's a deeper reason why he faked his death.
you mean sandaime. and even when it fails, death still takes you.

Yes, death is inevitable but the success rate is not always 100%/
that means yondaime is still dead though. like I said, that image was faked. there's almost no hint to him being still alive, other then in the minds of retarded fanboys.

Fixed.

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #61 on: August 10, 2006, 12:50:50 am »
I didn't meant they were happy. I meant that they all tell you to worship Zeus and fear him and have him as your superior, or he'll strike you with a bolt of lightning and turn your wife into a horse. (/random)

Kraeon much?

Seriously, behind all their lessons of not being controlled by pride and not going against fate there's this whole stupid thing with the Gods. I can respect religion, but when I'm reading a play for my enjoyment to pass time, I don't like it when they push a God who doesn't even exist into every crack in every corner of every wall in a 500 kilometer radius.

Just in case you check here first, Legend, I sent you a PM on the other forums. I've just been reading an increadibly good analysis of the Greek mindset (The Greek Way, by Edith Hamilton - a book from the 30s of some note, I believe), and it has really made me see the whole thing clearer. Essentially, the Greek way of thinking is the very opposite of what you say here. Greek literature is not based on soul, but on mind. On reason, rather than spirit. It is in fact the case that the Greeks, out of all ancient people (and modern as well), would NOT have fit into the category you have outlined. Their focus was in fact upon the real world, and very little upon religion, and most especially not on a religion that dominated their spirits and lives. That was the way of Egypt, and of the East, where it was spirit over mind - but that was not the Greek way. It would have been contrary to Greek thought to say 'live in fear of Zeus or he will strike you down.' Piety was lauded, of course, but it would have been impossible for a people living under such an idea and world-view to be so free-thinking, questioning, and exploratory of the world as the Greeks were. They were intellectual artists, not religious ones. After all, in Greece, the priests had almost no power. The gods existed for them, but of all people it was they who first had stubbornly independant thought.

In fact, the entire concept of this Compendium is inherently Greek. The Renessance, the earas of what we call rational thought, were not new things - they were a revival of the Greek. For that reason it is rather wrong to say that the Greeks put that much emphasis on their gods, when in fact they did so least of all peoples.

After all, they did not say 'Fear of God is the beginning of wisdom' but rather 'Knowledge of ignorance is the beginning of wisdom.' They did not say 'Stand in holy fear of the gods' but rather 'Know thyself.'

But Socrates was still brought to trial for his supposed atheism. If the whole of Greek society was basically secular in their day to day life, how could such a trial take place?

grey_the_angel

• Alternate Primary Member
  • CC:ALSAT project leader/sole member >.>
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 10, 2006, 05:16:17 am »
You have a point, I was just about to say that. So the one that sealed the nine tails can be just a kage bushin of Yondaime & thus he might still be alive using the same strategy as Sandaime used.
Yondaime used naruto as a housing unit cause the nine tailed fox is the strongest of all the demons, and couldn't be completely destoried in a seal as orochimaru could, so he was instead locked into a newborn, naruto, in which the body could eventually get used to housing the power of the demon fox and grow with it to match the strength of the beast inside. Essentualy, Naruto was the kagebushin in Yondaime's seal, and the kagebushin in sandaime's version was the reason sandaime didn't have enough strength to completely take out orochimaru's soul (well... that and the sword through the chest. he was simply too drained from the fight.)
Considering Yondaime is Kakashi's sensai, I don't think kakashi would take much kindly to know he was played for a full my his master.

Watch it again bro! The sealing jutsu was canceled! Maybe it was just a ploy so that people would think that Yondaime is dead. Maybe there's a deeper reason why he faked his death.
you mean sandaime. and even when it fails, death still takes you.

Yes, death is inevitable but the success rate is not always 100%/
that means yondaime is still dead though. like I said, that image was faked. there's almost no hint to him being still alive, other then in the minds of retarded fanboys.

Fixed.
rabid... retard... tomato tamato.

Magus068

• Acacia Deva (+500)
  • Speak the truth, even it leads to your death!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 10, 2006, 11:42:43 am »
Do you remember the time that orochimaru summoned the 3 hokages and the sandaime cancelled the last summon? It's weird that the 4th hokage wasn't summoned because Sandaime cancelled it in the first place and if the 4th hokage was really dead the author should have put a full detail of the 4th hokage's death.  Its a one big conspiracy. Think it again over bro. By the way, if you didn't know yet Yondaime's real name, it's uzumaki arashi naruto's father.

I'm such a spoiler...
« Last Edit: August 10, 2006, 11:48:59 am by Magus068 »

grey_the_angel

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 10, 2006, 04:03:42 pm »
Do you remember the time that orochimaru summoned the 3 hokages and the sandaime cancelled the last summon? It's weird that the 4th hokage wasn't summoned because Sandaime cancelled it in the first place and if the 4th hokage was really dead the author should have put a full detail of the 4th hokage's death.  Its a one big conspiracy. Think it again over bro. By the way, if you didn't know yet Yondaime's real name, it's uzumaki arashi naruto's father.

I'm such a spoiler...
he summoned two, and sandaime BLOCKED the last one.plus, they do go into his background with kakashi in Kakashi gaiden, a side story when the time skip occurs. your not spoiling anything, if I wanted I could spoil the hell out of you with post time skip stuff, since its pretty obvious you never read the books before.
and if you think you spoiled something for me, you need to read back a few pages.

seriously, why the hell are you still watching filler hell?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2006, 04:14:46 pm by grey_the_angel »

Magus068

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 11, 2006, 02:09:09 am »

I'm such a spoiler...
he summoned two, and sandaime BLOCKED the last one.plus, they do go into his background with kakashi in Kakashi gaiden, a side story when the time skip occurs. your not spoiling anything, if I wanted I could spoil the hell out of you with post time skip stuff, since its pretty obvious you never read the books before.
and if you think you spoiled something for me, you need to read back a few pages.

FILLERS!  LOL, I never watch them because it's a waste of time!  Blocked you say?  Well why did he "blocked it" in the first place? Is it to prevent the summoning or it's just a cover up to hide that Yondaime is alive? You called that thing a background?  Its more like Kakashi's background, there's only little information there about Yondaime & it's more like an introduction like the time they introduce Asuma(and to think he's the son Sarutobi Sasuke AKA Sandaime) in the scene.  There's no complete background about Asuma not even a family name or in Yondaime's case not even a first name(but in manga chapter 310+, Asuma implied that he's the son of Sandaime.)

and by the way that part of naruto is called "Kakashi Gaiden" it means Kakashi's Sidestory the manga did not focus on Yondaime(his name for crying out loud wasn't even mention).

grey_the_angel

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 11, 2006, 04:20:05 am »

I'm such a spoiler...

FILLERS!  LOL, I never watch them because it's a waste of time!  Blocked you say?  Well why did he "blocked it" in the first place? Is it to prevent the summoning or it's just a cover up to hide that Yondaime is alive? You called that thing a background?  Its more like Kakashi's background, there's only little information there about Yondaime & it's more like an introduction like the time they introduce Asuma(and to think he's the son Sarutobi Sasuke AKA Sandaime) in the scene.  There's no complete background about Asuma not even a family name or in Yondaime's case not even a first name(but in manga chapter 310+, Asuma implied that he's the son of Sandaime.)

and by the way that part of naruto is called "Kakashi Gaiden" it means Kakashi's Sidestory the manga did not focus on Yondaime(his name for crying out loud wasn't even mention).
dude. your just making up fanboyish material now. why did sandaime block it: lets see: 3 hokage, plus orochimaru? yeah... I don't think he blocked it for no apparent reason, and I HIGHLY doubt its a cover up.

seriously, stop making theories from obvious things. your starting to sound like every narutard ever made.

Daniel Krispin

« Reply #67 on: August 11, 2006, 04:52:56 am »
But Socrates was still brought to trial for his supposed atheism. If the whole of Greek society was basically secular in their day to day life, how could such a trial take place?

Easy.
Firstly, he wasn't brought to trial for atheism, but rather for supposedly expounding a different sort of god. This alone was a false accusation, as his defence stated that he did indeed reverence the gods. What he had done was say that he heard voices (yes, he was likely crazy), which he spoke of as ta daimonia, or 'deities'. Now, this was by and large harmless, but his opponents and enemies used this to bring the charge against him that he was corrupting the youth with foreign gods. You see, the Greeks were still strongly religious, it is only that they approached it all ciritically*. Now, none of this explains Socrates' death, because all these accusations were mere excuses (he was also charged on behalf of the playwrites and the magistrates, I beleive.) He had basically made such a nuisance of himself that he was mocked from Aristophanes' comedies onward (and it seems he thought that those plays gave people a negative impression of him, which led to his death.) Furthermore, there is also the idea that he had supported the ten tyrants (or was it twelve? I forget) that Sparta had introduced after victoring in the Peloponnesian war. Socrates' death came right after this situation, and was at the hands of the new Democrats. A bit fishy.

Finally, the true fault for Socrates' death might be Socrates himself. I think Xenophon, a pupil of his (but who didn't see the trial) suggest that he even wanted to die. The man was 60, and after that age he would have had to deal with the rigours of old age. Perhaps he simply didn't want to lose his physical and mental faculties. Also, the vote against Socrates was very, very close. In the tens (the whole voting group was six hundred or so, I think.) They asked him what he thought his punishment should be, I think suggesting a hefty fine, but he said that for all he had done, he should be given free meals for life. He essentially mocked the judge and jury - contempt of court. They voted again, and this time it was very much against him, and he was condemned to death. If he had truly wanted to, he could have avoided it. But he was fearless of it.

The end point is though that neither was Socrates killed for atheism (as he was strongly religious, holding certain things to be 'in the realm of the gods'), nor was the charge against him really on those grounds. It was all a sham trial.

*You see, it is not as we usually consider things today, those who are either hyper religious or atheists. They merely had a distinction between the two. The gods just didn't rule and control everything they did - they didn't live under a theocracy. But that doesn't mean the gods must be removed. It is rather like my brand of Christianity. I believe very strongly in God, yet I seperate the kingdom of the Right and the kingdom of the Left - in the world, there is civil law, morals, duty and responsability that is really seperate from my religion. It's compartamentalising, I suppose. A very different society from that which we see today.

Magus068

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 11, 2006, 07:34:37 am »
LOL....  You need to read the entire manga. Of all the casket that Orochimaru summoned, why did he stop the third casket? he could have stop both the first & the second casket without any trouble. Why of all casket did he block the third one?

If I were a Narutard, I couldn't debate you right now.  I would be busy watching the redundant fillers right now.

cupn00dles

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 11, 2006, 09:59:50 am »
LOL....  You need to read the entire manga. Of all the casket that Orochimaru summoned, why did he stop the third casket? he could have stop both the first & the second casket without any trouble. Why of all casket did he block the third one?

Simply because Yondaime was the only one who could use the Death God fuuin jutsu besides Sandaime. Don't forget it was the only jutsu that was able to stop Shodaime and Nidaime. Imagine if Yondaime were to use it on Sandaime. If you read the manga with attention, you get to see how relieved Sandaime is for stopping the last Edo Tensei summon. That's because he knows that if Yondaime were to be summoned, he'd be dead meat before he could say "YOOO dude! Long time no see duh?"

There is absolutely no evidence AT ALL in the manga that Akatsuki's leader is Yondaime. If they did bring up any evidence in the anime (I've no idea since I stopped watching it when the third row of filler episodes started), it doesn't matter since, as you probably know, fillers are not canon material. The manga is.

Erm.. I wouldn't say anything else regarding this subject, but well  8)

grey_the_angel

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 11, 2006, 02:35:26 pm »

Simply because Yondaime was the only one who could use the Death God fuuin jutsu besides Sandaime. Don't forget it was the only jutsu that was able to stop Shodaime and Nidaime. Imagine if Yondaime were to use it on Sandaime. If you read the manga with attention, you get to see how relieved Sandaime is for stopping the last Edo Tensei summon. That's because he knows that if Yondaime were to be summoned, he'd be dead meat before he could say "YOOO dude! Long time no see duh?"

There is absolutely no evidence AT ALL in the manga that Akatsuki's leader is Yondaime. If they did bring up any evidence in the anime (I've no idea since I stopped watching it when the third row of filler episodes started), it doesn't matter since, as you probably know, fillers are not canon material. The manga is.

Erm.. I wouldn't say anyt hing else regarding this subject, but well  8)I hate fanboys.

thank you. god. you know, maybe if you had said something that was actually plausible, like say, sakura falling in love with naruto after the time skip, I might let this pass.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 11, 2006, 02:54:26 pm »
Naruto filler is not a waste of time. You should be thankful that you get to watch totally new material and that once the series is over, you can return to filler as a fun diversion. My latest post in the Quote Digest also illustrates episode 196, which completely justifies two seasons of filler by merely existing.

grey_the_angel

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 11, 2006, 03:38:22 pm »
Naruto filler is not a waste of time. You should be thankful that you get to watch totally new material and that once the series is over, you can return to filler as a fun diversion. My latest post in the Quote Digest also illustrates episode 196, which completely justifies two seasons of filler by merely existing.
dude..... they have crappy animation, hair that follows polority, and plot that has little to do with the actual story.

not only that, but their well into 100 fillers and they haven't even gone into time skip yet!!

cupn00dles

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 11, 2006, 04:09:01 pm »

Erm.. I wouldn't say anyt hing else regarding this subject, but well  8)I hate fanboys.

thank you. god. you know, maybe if you had said something that was actually plausible, like say, sakura falling in love with naruto after the time skip, I might let this pass.

O_o

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 11, 2006, 05:22:05 pm »
It's still new Naruto.