Author Topic: Moving to USA. Just a few Questions about Highschool and other stuff ^^  (Read 5928 times)

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Re: Moving to USA. Just a few Questions about Highschool and other stuff ^^
« Reply #90 on: September 22, 2006, 09:43:19 pm »
Cross country - Not to sure what this is O.o

It's more of an endurence run then a race. You have to run for a couple of miles.

My friend's in Cross Country, so yeah, that's how I know.

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Jean-Luc Picard says "It's time for Chrono Break".
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 22, 2006, 11:23:55 pm »
You will have to work hard in every sport. Pick one that best suits "you" and go along with it. When I first learned the concept of Soccer, I was all over it. I love to run and try new tricks with the soccer ball, bicylce kicks and I even try to incorporate martial arts in kicking a ball into the goal.

The fastest sport on 2 legs is definately Soccer my friend, not Lacrosse. Soccer requires more communication than most sports and a lot of teamwork to get the job done. When working the ball up the field, it can be very tricky. I am not going to indulge you in my favorite sport though...

If anything, try out for the Indoor/Outdoor Track and Field team. I was a pole vaulter, sprinter and jumper in many events, but there is so much Track has to offer. Track is the most technical sport and holds the most dangerous events in sports. Track offers various events in jumping, sprinting and throwing. There is always an event that best suits someone. I encourage you to look into the Track program because in all honesty, as a Pole Vaulter, you need only know how to sprint and jump. Sure the coaches will work you in and train you to become better, and I always hated practice and the stupid workouts that I thought did nothing for me, but it's for real. You can really benefit from doing sports like Soccer and Track.

Football will get you jacked up a bit and you will get touched, tackled, and thrown to the ground as you intercept a ball thrown by your quarterback. Really not my forte...

Tennis is technical and requires much skill and practice. I think its boring...

Swimming is always fun, but is even more techincal and tiring then any sport combined...

Golf requires patience, stay away from that so-called sport...

Lacrosse is a fast sport, but can be a pain in the arse...

Any and all sports are doable. It depends on your work ethic. How hard do you want to work? Are you a slacker? Identify tactical inadequencies, then renew your strategy! Take baby steps and watch video clips of Track events, or watch TV on Football, Soccer, Lacrosse or anything. See what suits you best :)

Trust me... you will know what you are meant for when you see it and experience it . . .

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
« Reply #92 on: September 23, 2006, 02:11:35 am »
Don't know Cross Country? Wow, even we do it in school.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #93 on: September 23, 2006, 06:02:21 pm »
The only "Cross Country" I ever remember from school was the name of a foul in Wall Ball back in Elementary School...ah, Wall Ball, how I pwned j00...>_>