Author Topic: Moving to USA. Just a few Questions about Highschool and other stuff ^^  (Read 6007 times)

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
Re: Moving to USA. Just a few Questions about Highschool and other stuff ^^
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2006, 03:13:21 am »
Magus22, thanks for all your great advice :D

Oo, if you don't mind, what are some mistakes that I should avoid?

grey_the_angel

• Alternate Primary Member
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • CC:ALSAT project leader/sole member >.>
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2006, 05:42:39 am »

don't tell a single soul know your foriegn. fake an accent. there will ALWAYS be a foriegn dumper. .... alright, I dumped on the candian body builder, but dammit, he's canadian, what's he gonna do XD

na seriously. don't take shit from the teachers. but at the same time, don't give the teachers shit.

also, get into one fight. prove your a bad enough dude to whip people's asses, and basically no one will fuck with you. that... or be like me, and have small army of mexicans, skaters, and the hockey team to back you up. XD

grey_the_angel

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2006, 05:45:35 am »
Awesome, Must speak to a guidance counciler :O

I was so worried about the calculators because here we are allowed to use them in tests and during school.

Question : You guys do math off text books right?

And since I think i'm stupid since I can't do 1300 square root in my head, i figured you guys in America would be able to do that or something and you'd be uber smart. Since i'll be leaving my school at the end of term 3, i'll be a term and 2 weeks behind when I get to America and to my highschool. In that time, I could have missed much in Math and Science. I doubt history because right now we're doing Australian history O.o Damn it, I have to learn the good ol' American history now ^.^;

Most of our homework is given out of the textbook. Sometimes teachers hand out worksheets or packets that cover pretty much the same things as what's in the textbook. I think it mainly depends on how a teacher chooses to teach his/her class.

Ah, don't worry, I can barely do any math in my head. I'm absolutely horrible with it. Chances are you'd probably be fairly average as far as an American HS student goes, except if you're slightly good looking and still have your accent, the girls might flock to you. Some American chicks seem to have a thing for accents from English speaking countries. =P
I could. infact, I had the reverse problem: I couldn't do it on paper. I just knew the answers. and no I wasn't cheating.

I have an state of califorina IQ test ranking me as genius level 162 average IQ :3

Piss off a WHHHHOOOOLLLEEE mess of teachers who thought I was a cheater.

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
  • Jean-Luc Picard says "It's time for Chrono Break".
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2006, 07:42:40 pm »

You are very welcome.

I was anti-social before High School. I looked up to the upperclassmen a lot for guidance. That was just me. I taught myself by observing their behavior in the hall ways and in the varsity sports I signed up for. I adapted to their behavior, added it to my own, and modified it to fit my personality so nothing was out of sync.

If you feel something inside of you - telling you to "help someone in need", then do it. For example, in the classroom if you see someone close by to you struggling on a question, offer your help. If they refuse it, then alright . . . but if they welcome it, then take the initiative and see what you can do. If you make a habit of it, you are bound to get respect. When you are respectful to others, you will get their respect in return. Make sure you are repsectful to teachers too! That is vital. (I'll break it down in RPG langauge :)) > Since you are the new kid on the block, this is the time to level up your skill called Respect. Every time you help someone out, considering the fact they allow you to help them or if they accept your help, you gain a level. Use the skill points you've earned on your increased level and add them to Respect. You can never reach a max limit of this skill. The more help you give, the more closer some people will accept you within their comfort zones.

I will tell you about having a "label" put on you or anything you want. If you are concerned about stuff like that or football players or anything in particular, let me know.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2006, 08:07:27 pm »
also, get into one fight. prove your a bad enough dude to whip people's asses, and basically no one will fuck with you. that... or be like me, and have small army of mexicans, skaters, and the hockey team to back you up. XD

This is the saddest thing I've read yet. Be a belligerent little idiot, and no, no one will fuck with you. Because no one will want to even care about you.

grey_the_angel

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2006, 09:28:05 pm »

This is the saddest thing I've read yet. Be a belligerent little idiot, and no, no one will fuck with you. Because no one will want to even care about you.
you might be surprised at this zeality, but their are schools wheres its hard just to be a good boy.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2006, 11:42:39 pm »
I went to a public school like anyone else. Aside from standing up for yourself, you have the entire law behind you in conflicts. You need not start shit with people just to "improve" your self-image.

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2006, 12:58:44 am »
I went to a public school like anyone else. Aside from standing up for yourself, you have the entire law behind you in conflicts. You need not start shit with people just to "improve" your self-image.

Agreed. I never started any fights in high school, and I laughed off those that would start a fight against me. At the end of the day, I was the more respected party.

grey_the_angel

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2006, 02:23:14 am »
I didn't say I started it. where did you get that from?

Ramsus

« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2006, 02:38:05 am »

you might be surprised at this zeality, but their are schools wheres its hard just to be a good boy.

You might be surprised at this, but not everyone gets messed with if they don't beat up some stupid shithead to "prove" themselves, and not every public school is a piss-poor prison parody with teenagers.

Standing up for yourself doesn't mean being outright violent, and needless fights are a good way to get charged with assault and expelled from a lot of schools.

You're essentially suggesting Zaperking start shit with someone so he can get into a fight.

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2006, 04:23:04 am »
Aren't you meant to be flying around Area 51 right about now?

About these fights, why go into fights at all? Why not just use words? Is not the pen mightier than the sword? Of course, if you're that psycho on Bowling for Columbine, sometimes the pen runs out of ink, and only a sword can then write:

Hey shithead, go give your mum a hand job for a dollar to feed your starving, fatass girlfriend, you fucking whore

Act like a bigman. They will think you are a bigman. Then again, you don't have to do that. Be assertive though, and no one will cum on your face.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2006, 04:25:00 am by Burning Zeppelin »

grey_the_angel

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2006, 06:32:04 am »

You might be surprised at this, but not everyone gets messed with if they don't beat up some stupid shithead to "prove" themselves, and not every public school is a piss-poor prison parody with teenagers.

Standing up for yourself doesn't mean being outright violent, and needless fights are a good way to get charged with assault and expelled from a lot of schools.

You're essentially suggesting Zaperking start shit with someone so he can get into a fight.
I never said start shit with anybody I said get into a fight. meaning take down the first person who does give you shit. once again, I never once said anything about starting anything.

and this might surprise you as well, but guess what: some school actually do require a tough hide to live through. Personally, It was a joke either way, so I don't give a shit, but don't automatically go throwing around the idea of me being an asshole just because. did you go to my school? no. did you ever get a knife pulled on you for refusing to move? no. Did you ever have to go after an ENTIRE gang one by one because they jumped you? no.

I didn't take shit from corse blockheads who did want to fuck with me. So tell ya what ramsus, get a knife pull on you. Take the damn thing in the arm. Then tell me to just use words. Till then, Don't fucking judge me.

Rat

• Porrean (+50)
  • Impersonal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2006, 07:25:01 am »
I never said start shit with anybody I said get into a fight. meaning take down the first person who does give you shit. once again, I never once said anything about starting anything.

and this might surprise you as well, but guess what: some school actually do require a tough hide to live through. Personally, It was a joke either way, so I don't give a shit, but don't automatically go throwing around the idea of me being an asshole just because. did you go to my school? no. did you ever get a knife pulled on you for refusing to move? no. Did you ever have to go after an ENTIRE gang one by one because they jumped you? no.

I didn't take shit from corse blockheads who did want to fuck with me. So tell ya what ramsus, get a knife pull on you. Take the damn thing in the arm. Then tell me to just use words. Till then, Don't fucking judge me.

He didn't say to "just use words." He said that violence isn't always necessary.  I hardly even see how it's necessary to out and fight the first person that ticks you off just to prove you aren't a pussy, but I guess it depends how people are reading into "start shit." Do you mean a person that's just talking some shit and messing with you a little bit, or a person who is actually attempting to physically aggravate you and get all up in your face or that punches you first?  Because I'm pretty sure most of the people around here are reading into it as the first one more, and then it seems more like something to just brush off than get into a fight over.

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2006, 08:18:28 am »
Well, if you want to be "the tough guy" go ahead, beat up the first little shit that lays it's paws on you. But remember, unlike what Gray said, you'd have to continue it to get a reputation. Different reaction's would give you different reps:

TOUGH GUY: Beat everyone up that annoys you
PUSSY: Extremely passive
EMO: Blow up in anger, but not necessarily use violence
ASSERTIVE DUDE: An eye for an eye, or just threaten them with action hero like sentences
BI POLAR DUDE: Random reactions

But that's just my school. Or my view of my school. There are so many other classes, but those include the topic at hand. Which, frankly, is a pretty stupid topic.

Ramsus

« Reply #44 on: August 17, 2006, 02:13:45 pm »

Except in most schools, you have to be pretty pathetic to begin with before anyone bothers you (or part of a gang, or cheating with someone...), so the only way to get into a fight is to start shit yourself.

Don't assume the rest of the world works like the messed up shithole you crawled out of, because it doesn't. Most schools don't resemble yours. Recklessly give advice as though they do, and of course you'll be misunderstood.

I only copied your little "might surprise you" sentence structure because guess what: it doesn't fucking surprise me one bit. And guess what else: it's pretty fucking annoying that anyone could be so pretentious. Do you honestly think Zaperking is moving to a school like yours? Do you honestly think that all of us aren't aware that some schools are little more than daytime prisons? Do you honestly believe that not being outright violent all of the time means being a passive little pussy who lets himself get walked all over?

Also, I never suggested you "just use words" (which, BTW, is pretty stupid advice BZ) or made you out to be an asshole. Learn to fucking read.

If some dipshit physically threatened me or even tried pushing me around, I wouldn't hesitate to kill the bastard. But you know what? That never happens to most people. It never happened to me in high school. That's why standing up for yourself doesn't usually mean using violence. It means standing your ground and not letting some asshole push you around. Maybe that always escalates to violence where you come from, but in most places it usually doesn't.