Author Topic: Spekkio...  (Read 50739 times)

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
Spekkio...
« Reply #90 on: September 30, 2005, 11:32:14 pm »
Quote from: SilentMartyr
Quote from: Zaperking
Quote from: MogGuy
Sekkio could just be some sort of God-like figure. My theory is that he is the physical embodiment of Magic, which is why physical attacks can't hit him. That would also explain why he doesn't appear in CC (the giant octopus-thingie, IMO, is not Spekkio), as the characters use Elements, not Magic.

More like he's a teacher for Magic, who is conceited.
Magus could beat him up easily. Spekkio can't fully use Shadow magic, which in my theory is the true form of magic, and Crono and co. only got a part of that Shadow magic (in other words Lightning, Fire and Water magic combined make Shadow). If Spekkio was truely the embody of Magic, he'd know Shadow but he doesn't cuz Magus could teach him stuff.

Besides the point that Spekkio was never at the EoT till Gaspar made him appear or something, probably taught him magic too.

Where do you get the idea that shadow is the true form of magic?

Maybe because Delta Force and Delta Storm end up making a shadow effect >.> And I did say Theory. And it would prove why Spekkio said that Magus could teach him stuff, and why no one else was able to get  Shadow magic, I mean, you could have given Marle shadow cuz Frog got water, simply because he was a frog >.>

AuraTwilight

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Spekkio...
« Reply #91 on: October 01, 2005, 02:21:13 am »
Those are totally ridiculous things to build a theory on. One, I doubt that phrase about "Magus teaching him a thing or two" was supposed to be taken seriously. Two, Magus knew much more types of magic than Shadow. Not to mention he was a Zealian of the Royal Crown with over, what, thirty years of experience at the art? Yea.

Three, that thing about Frog is completely....unrelated.

FireKnight

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Spekkio...
« Reply #92 on: October 10, 2005, 02:52:37 am »
Well this goes on for 7 pages so excuse me if it's already been answered but I think it's because of what was written in one of those books... by Gaspar was it?

"Life begins and ends with Nu. It's true! That is my belief! At least for now..."

Or something like that.

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
Spekkio...
« Reply #93 on: October 10, 2005, 10:55:47 am »
It was by a nu i believe...
But when Spekkio does say that Magus could tach him a thing or too, it was supposed to mean, you are powerful. i.e. Aura is right.
Magus probably does know much more than shadow, but the darkness took over his life, OOOOOOHHHH

Chrono Dreamer

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Spekkio...
« Reply #94 on: January 13, 2006, 08:40:48 am »
Anyone ever thought that Spekkio has the power to give magic to people just like Lavos?

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
Spekkio...
« Reply #95 on: January 13, 2006, 10:22:51 am »
I don't think Lavos "wanted" to give the magic power to the people, they just found a way to absorb his energy.

ChronoMagus

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
Spekkio...
« Reply #96 on: January 16, 2006, 11:37:26 am »
If you look at the Magic of the Zealians and compare it to Crono and Co. (except Magus probably) there is one major difference.  Crono and Co. have Magic based on emotion.  Its really unpure, unrefined, magic.  The magic of the Zealians are on the other hand mastered and perfected.  I think it was in the first city of zeal you go to there is a lady who says,  "Your magic is so much more primitive than ours, you poor poor beings."
The Magic of Lavos also tends to corrupt people.  Lots of the Zealians were really snotty bastards... especially Queen Zeal.  You don't see that corruption with Spekkio.

Tonjevic

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
Spekkio...
« Reply #97 on: January 17, 2006, 01:59:35 am »
The Magic of Lavos also tends to corrupt people. Lots of the Zealians were really snotty bastards... especially Queen Zeal. You don't see that corruption with Spekkio

Not ALL of them were 'snotty bastards' look at the woman who planted the seedling. I think the designers may have modeled them on the steriotypical upper class nobles of the English aristocracy. But in the same way that not ALL of them look down upon the 'commoners' (earthbounders), not ALL of the  Zealians look down on other people. Most of the people in Zeal were just kind of nonchalant and lazy, if I remember. Look at Schala and Janus: both of thier hearts were in the right place at one point or another.

If you look at the Magic of the Zealians and compare it to Crono and Co. (except Magus probably) there is one major difference. Crono and Co. have Magic based on emotion. Its really unpure, unrefined, magic. The magic of the Zealians are on the other hand mastered and perfected. I think it was in the first city of zeal you go to there is a lady who says, "Your magic is so much more primitive than ours, you poor poor beings."

Who is to say that thier magic didnt become more refined after the Zeal encounter? There were higher level spells to be learnt yet, at that point of the game, and magic probably improves with practise. The Zealians had all been studying magic thier whole lives. While I do think that the Zealians had a certain detatchment from the magic and lore that they practised, I also believe that magic is constant, there is only one form of it.
It is only when you use magic in the pursuit of power that it goes wrong. Plus, the Zealians were channelling a bit of Lavos' own soul.

Zaperking

• View Profile
Spekkio...
« Reply #98 on: January 17, 2006, 04:18:18 am »
Quote from: Tonjevic
The Magic of Lavos also tends to corrupt people. Lots of the Zealians were really snotty bastards... especially Queen Zeal. You don't see that corruption with Spekkio

Not ALL of them were 'snotty bastards' look at the woman who planted the seedling. I think the designers may have modeled them on the steriotypical upper class nobles of the English aristocracy. But in the same way that not ALL of them look down upon the 'commoners' (earthbounders), not ALL of the  Zealians look down on other people. Most of the people in Zeal were just kind of nonchalant and lazy, if I remember. Look at Schala and Janus: both of thier hearts were in the right place at one point or another.

If you look at the Magic of the Zealians and compare it to Crono and Co. (except Magus probably) there is one major difference. Crono and Co. have Magic based on emotion. Its really unpure, unrefined, magic. The magic of the Zealians are on the other hand mastered and perfected. I think it was in the first city of zeal you go to there is a lady who says, "Your magic is so much more primitive than ours, you poor poor beings."

Who is to say that thier magic didnt become more refined after the Zeal encounter? There were higher level spells to be learnt yet, at that point of the game, and magic probably improves with practise. The Zealians had all been studying magic thier whole lives. While I do think that the Zealians had a certain detatchment from the magic and lore that they practised, I also believe that magic is constant, there is only one form of it.
It is only when you use magic in the pursuit of power that it goes wrong. Plus, the Zealians were channelling a bit of Lavos' own soul.

Well, as my belief goes, Zealians possessed shadow magic which really was the original magic. Lightning, Fire and Water may have split off from Shadow, and that is why it is inferior. Might prove why Magus' shadow magic is said to be "a powerful pure form of arcane magic, even stronger than the monsters'"

Plus, you can't say their magic is refined, since they just learned a higher technique or just have more energy to summon a more powerful element like a stronger lightning, colder ice, hotter flame etc.

GrayLensman

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
Spekkio...
« Reply #99 on: January 17, 2006, 12:11:56 pm »
Quote from: ChronoMagus
If you look at the Magic of the Zealians and compare it to Crono and Co. (except Magus probably) there is one major difference.  Crono and Co. have Magic based on emotion.  Its really unpure, unrefined, magic.  The magic of the Zealians are on the other hand mastered and perfected.  I think it was in the first city of zeal you go to there is a lady who says,  "Your magic is so much more primitive than ours, you poor poor beings."
The Magic of Lavos also tends to corrupt people.  Lots of the Zealians were really snotty bastards... especially Queen Zeal.  You don't see that corruption with Spekkio.

How are the time travellers' abilities based on emotion?  I don't see anything to indicate this.

Also, that quote from Zeal is incorrect.  It really reads:

Your power differs from ours...

In you I sense a strange aura
   of...kindness...

This doesn't suggest that the time travellers' magic is more primitive than the Enlightened Ones at all.  It simply alludes to the fact that Crono isn't drawing power off Lavos.  Of course, magic users like Magus would have more experience, but the travellers' can perform some very impressive feats.

DBoruta

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Spekkio...
« Reply #100 on: January 17, 2006, 03:06:23 pm »
Quote from: GrayLensman
Also, that quote from Zeal is incorrect.

Those are two different quotes.  

Here's the one ChronoMagus was talking about:

My, you've got an unusual aura!
   So, you must possess the skill, too!

It must be very primitive compared to
   ours!
   You poor things!

AuraTwilight

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Spekkio...
« Reply #101 on: January 17, 2006, 06:55:16 pm »
Again, I'd like to know where this business about Shadow Magic being the superior magic is coming from. It kinda contradicts Spekkio's comment about the four elements being in alignment and balance. Plus Y'know, Magus is a Zealian, so of course his magic would be ungodly powerful.

Tonjevic

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
Spekkio...
« Reply #102 on: January 17, 2006, 07:29:35 pm »

My, you've got an unusual aura!
   So, you must possess the skill, too!

It must be very primitive compared to
   ours!
   You poor things!

So it's just an assumption made by the (arrogant) Zealian.
It isn't necessarily indicative of any lack of skill and the time travellers' part.

Zaperking

• View Profile
Spekkio...
« Reply #103 on: January 17, 2006, 09:41:29 pm »
Quote from: AuraTwilight
Again, I'd like to know where this business about Shadow Magic being the superior magic is coming from. It kinda contradicts Spekkio's comment about the four elements being in alignment and balance. Plus Y'know, Magus is a Zealian, so of course his magic would be ungodly powerful.

I don't know. It just seems kind of like it. Spekkio himself said that Magus could teach him tricks. And if Spekkio is only a being who can teach fire/lightning/water, then it kind of makes sence.
Anyway, the Delta Techs all remake a shadow effect.
And besides that, Magus has so many other tricks up his sleve. Like flying, turning people into frogs, time travelling etc. I don't think any of that goes under the other catagories of magic (lightning/fire/water)

GrayLensman

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
Spekkio...
« Reply #104 on: January 17, 2006, 11:13:50 pm »
Lucca, or Robo for that matter, did help reforge the Masamune.