Author Topic: Best order to complete side quests?  (Read 1126 times)

Kebbs

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
    • www.danwins.com
Best order to complete side quests?
« on: October 19, 2006, 08:32:29 pm »
Q: What is the best order to complete these sidequests in? Please take into account enemy difficulty, plot, and rewards. Please briefly explain why you chose the order you did.

Crono's Resurrection
Fiona's Forest
Ozzie's Fort
Geno Dome
Sun Stone
Cyrus' Ghost
Rainbow Shell
anything else I forgot

Thanks!

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Re: Best order to complete side quests?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2006, 06:17:38 am »
Hm, this is a tough question (for me anyway). But, alas, here is my choice:

1. Crono's Resurrection - Having Crono helps in just about any situation. Luminaire, need I say more?

2. Sun Stone - Simply put, you need to complete this sidequest before the Rainbow Shell one. (I think...)

3. Rainbow Shell - Easy enemies, a very simple sidequest. Plus, you get Rainbow equipment at the end, which will help immensely in later battles.

4. Cyrus' Ghost - Hm, this one isn't too difficult, so I'll place it here before Ozzie.

5. Ozzie's Fort - Fighting Flea and Slash again is simple, but Ozzie, Slash and Flea as a trio can be rather difficult, therefore I placed it here, after having received Rainbow equipment earlier.

6. Geno Dome - This takes a while, and is also the best place to level up, I believe. Just watch out for Mother Brain, though... It's rather difficult to defeat.

7. Fiona's Forest - I had the most trouble with this one, so I left it till last. Marle, Frog or Magus are absolute musts here, by the way, due to the monsters in the desert being weakened by Water/Ice. The boss at the end of this sidequest is annoying, too, giving little time to recover from attacks.

That's just the order I'd complete them. Not sure if that helps.

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2006, 02:39:16 pm »
Fiona's first, because you can do it even before the Ocean's Palace incident. The rest is up to you, but I always started with Crono's Resurrection + Rainbowshell for his weapon.

Kebbs

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
    • www.danwins.com
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2006, 02:47:24 pm »
Pyt fumv, thanks for your input. I think I'll do it in that order (except maybe Fiona's Forest).

Cyber, telling me it's up to me doesn't really help me at all, LOL! But thanks for noting Fiona's Forest can be done sooner.

Anyone else care to take a crack at it?

Magus068

• Acacia Deva (+500)
  • Speak the truth, even it leads to your death!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2006, 11:29:46 pm »
Fiona's first, because you can do it even before the Ocean's Palace incident.

Its a bit hard at that point but its a good place to gain level & loot some advance items & equipments before the Ocean's Palace incident.

Kebbs

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
    • www.danwins.com
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2006, 01:19:20 am »
Yeah, I did Fiona's forest first, now I'm on Mt. Woe, so tomorrow I'll prolly get to the point where I can resurrect Crono and get started on the sidequests.

Kebbs

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
    • www.danwins.com
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2006, 10:17:32 pm »
Thanks for your help, people. I think I've found everything, now it's just a matter of beating the Black Omen 3 times and Charming the heck out of everything. Then, New Game + and do it all again! Yay!

BTW I think I set my own personal record for high levels first time through. Magus is level 65 on the low end, and Crono is level 71 on the high end. ^_^

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2006, 10:00:57 pm »
I always thought it kind of weird plot-wise to ressurrect Crono right off the bat because once you do Marle tells him about "all the stuff they did", but I guess she could be talking about all the stuff they had to do to get his ass back...*shrugs*

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2006, 06:15:49 am »
Storywise I always thought ressurecting Crono was the last thing to do, because Lavos Spawns are supposed to be the most daunting creatures on Earth after their genitor etc., but the game is not difficult, so it can be done (and is often done) early.

Magus068

• Acacia Deva (+500)
  • Speak the truth, even it leads to your death!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2006, 08:42:05 am »
Maybe Marle said that a lot had happened maybe because they completed the sidequest first then Crono's ressurection.  Don't mind me, I'm just speculating.

Kebbs

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
    • www.danwins.com
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2006, 02:33:29 pm »
Yeah, I just figured she was sputtering on about the Blackbird escape, the Epoch getting wings, going to the End of Time to get the Time Egg, getting Crono's clone, then venturing up to Death Peak to get him back. That's actually a lot to go through after C-Money eats it.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2006, 06:48:14 pm »
Yeah, but in terms of gameplay, it's only one (minor) boss fight...but like I said, I think that it's probably all that crap anyways...just making a case...

Kebbs

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
    • www.danwins.com
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2006, 07:24:07 pm »
Gameplay wise, you're right, it's not really a biggie, but in terms of what the characters had to go through storywise, it was a great deal. Also, Crono didn't see Zeal fall, cuz he was already dead. That was prolly the most significant of all.