Author Topic: Blue Dragon  (Read 2385 times)

kian

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Blue Dragon
« on: November 01, 2006, 08:09:38 pm »
anybody else excited about this game?

Mavix

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • I'm the pirate and I make any fool walk the Plank.
    • View Profile
Re: Blue Dragon
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2006, 03:11:53 pm »
I don't know. the title sounds interesting.  Can you give more info on it please?

kian

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2006, 04:06:40 pm »
microsoft is trying to pimp the xbox 360 in japan, and this game just might get the sales up.  the game has an all-star team working on it.  Hironobu Sakaguchione of the creators of final fantasy, Akira Toriyama is doing the art, and Nobuo Uematsu is doing the music. 

grey_the_angel

• Alternate Primary Member
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • CC:ALSAT project leader/sole member >.>
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2006, 05:05:05 pm »
microsoft is trying to pimp the xbox 360 in japan, and this game just might get the sales up.  the game has an all-star team working on it.  Hironobu Sakaguchione of the creators of final fantasy, Akira Toriyama is doing the art, and Nobuo Uematsu is doing the music. 
I was still you said it was gonna be dbz clone # 120.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2006, 07:50:35 pm »
Huh? What do Hironobu Sakaguchione or Nobuo Uematsu have to do w/the DBZ series? Heck, Akira Toriyama only did the first and last bits of the DBZ run even!

But, back on topic...No, I'm not excited...If I was a Microsoft fan, sure, why not? They don't have much in the way of RPGs though so I don't see how turning out RPGs this late in the game will do much for them, but more power to 'em!

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2006, 09:04:56 pm »
It could be interesting. My roommate has a 360, so I may look in to it when it comes out here. There was another RPG that Mist Walker was working on. I forget the name, but the trailer for that looked really cool.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2006, 10:56:19 am »
Huh? What do Hironobu Sakaguchione or Nobuo Uematsu have to do w/the DBZ series? Heck, Akira Toriyama only did the first and last bits of the DBZ run even!

Actually, Toriyama never did anything concerning DBZ. "DBZ" is an anime, and drawing animes and animating stuff is a totally different job than drawing mangas. The only (important) mangaka who has also done some animation job at the same time is Masamune Shirow, but of course he still didn't draw everything (one man can't draw an entire anime, it's too much work).

If you were referring to the DB manga part which corresponds to DBZ, then Toriyama did all of it.

Anyway, Blue Dragon is being developed by Artoon (Mistwalker "designs" the game but doesn't program it), a studio famous for their platform games (the coming Yoshi Island 2!). I wonder if Blue Dragon will be a typical RPG or be something... particular.

kian

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2006, 03:47:43 pm »
But, back on topic...No, I'm not excited...If I was a Microsoft fan, sure, why not? They don't have much in the way of RPGs though so I don't see how turning out RPGs this late in the game will do much for them, but more power to 'em!

the xbox really didnt have a market for rpgs.  the majority of the games are sports games or fps games.  i think they are trying to cut into sonys rpg monopoly.  they are going to bundle the game into 360 systems to try and get sales up in japan.
 why arent you an xbox fan?

Exodus

• Acacia Deva (+500)
  • How do we know we exist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2006, 04:27:17 pm »
Because there's no written rule that SAYS he has to be an XBOX fan?

Hell, I'm not an XBOX fan but I lurvez Halo.

Mavix

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • I'm the pirate and I make any fool walk the Plank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2006, 04:53:05 pm »
thank you Kian.

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2006, 04:54:01 pm »

Actually, Toriyama never did anything concerning DBZ. "DBZ" is an anime, and drawing animes and animating stuff is a totally different job than drawing mangas. The only (important) mangaka who has also done some animation job at the same time is Masamune Shirow, but of course he still didn't draw everything (one man can't draw an entire anime, it's too much work).

If you were referring to the DB manga part which corresponds to DBZ, then Toriyama did all of it.

Anyway, Blue Dragon is being developed by Artoon (Mistwalker "designs" the game but doesn't program it), a studio famous for their platform games (the coming Yoshi Island 2!). I wonder if Blue Dragon will be a typical RPG or be something... particular.

I've watched a trailer for it. It looks pretty typical. You seem to be able to summon, well, blue dragons, that then act as a buffed out version of the character that summoned them. Sort of like gears in Xenogears.

grey_the_angel

• Alternate Primary Member
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • CC:ALSAT project leader/sole member >.>
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2006, 07:12:30 pm »

true. but if its his designs in the game, its pretty much gonna look like a DBZ clone, complete with FLAIR POWER HAIR.

.... POWER LEVEL OVER 9,000?!?!?!?!

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2006, 06:25:46 am »

true. but if its his designs in the game, its pretty much gonna look like a DBZ clone, complete with FLAIR POWER HAIR.

.... POWER LEVEL OVER 9,000?!?!?!?!

Hey, don't blame me. Blame yourself or V_Translanka...

kian

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2006, 03:57:24 pm »
what would chrono trigger have looked like if it was released in 2005 instead of 1995? 

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2006, 06:10:51 pm »
Quote from: kian
why arent you (V_Translanka) an xbox fan?

I believe I said I wasn't a Microsoft fan...

Quote from: Chrono'99
Hey, don't blame me. Blame yourself or V_Translanka...

I love when people use me in quotes in place of "God"...^_^

Quote from: kian
what would chrono trigger have looked like if it was released in 2005 instead of 1995?

3D...or at least portable...and wtf, are you changing the topic?