Author Topic: Final Fantasy XII  (Read 4163 times)

cupn00dles

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Beneath this mask there is more than flesh.
    • View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy XII
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2006, 10:46:58 pm »
Holy shiat!

Quickenings = most fucking awesome limit breaks in FF history  :lee:

Glennleo

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Glenn - The true Hero and weilder of the Masamune.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2006, 11:19:46 pm »
Haha yea quickening are cool. Linking them reminds me (sort of) of double and triple techs in CT, but not really.

How many do you have? I got 3 on 4 chars, all but Basch and Ashe.

grey_the_angel

• Alternate Primary Member
  • CC:ALSAT project leader/sole member >.>
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2006, 11:20:03 pm »
Holy shiat!

they aren't limit breaks. they waste all your mana. its a spell.

cupn00dles

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2006, 03:22:36 pm »
Haha yea quickening are cool. Linking them reminds me (sort of) of double and triple techs in CT, but not really.

How many do you have? I got 3 on 4 chars, all but Basch and Ashe.

All of them =]

BTW, my best chain until now has been a 13 one, with 27.000 damage approximately (on that fucking bastard Mindflayer, can't possibly express how good it felt to overkill his last thousand health points :~), what about yours, guys?!

I don't really know if 13 is a lot or not, but I believe it isn't for it was actually very easy to chain them... I barely had to reshuffle once or twice..
« Last Edit: November 13, 2006, 10:46:32 pm by cupn00dles »

cupn00dles

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2006, 03:28:36 pm »
Holy shiat!

they aren't limit breaks. they waste all your mana. its a spell.

Not literally limit breaks. Limit breaks in practice, limit break-like. FFXII answer for unique character abilities able to reach amounts of damage otherwise impossible by the main characters themselves. Not all Final Fantasies have the same limit-break system, take VIII and X for example. But you obviously understand that.

Anyways, if you wish to speak literally there is no such thing as spells in FFXII. There are only Magicks, Technicks, Quickenings/Mist Knacks (as the original name) and Summons, the last two being Mist abilities.

Oh, and they do not waste all your mana. They waste 1 mist slot per level.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2006, 04:40:45 pm by cupn00dles »

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2006, 04:57:15 pm »
Man, you guys are KILLING me with your FFXII talk. It still isn't out over here in the crappy UK... Damn, I want a new RPG so damn bad.

cupn00dles

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2006, 11:01:12 pm »
Oh yeah, what character setup you guys using?

I myself have been going like this:

Vaan - sword and shield/katana, heavy armor, some use of green and white magick, some use of technicks
Ashe - sword and shield/ninja sword, heavy armor, main overall magick user, no use of technicks at all
Basch - axe&hammer and shield, heavy armor, little use of green and white magick, lots of technicks
Balthier - gun, light armor, some use of green and white magick, some use of technicks
Fran - spear, heavy armor, lots of overall magick, a few technicks
Penelo - bow, light armor, main white magick caster, lots of overall magick, very few technicks

I mostly use two fixed teams in order to lvl up evenly, alternating the use of golden amulets (I know I could buy 3 more but I'm just too lazy to do it :~), vaan/ashe/balthier and fran/basch/penelo, sometimes mixing them according to necessity.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2006, 10:22:20 am by cupn00dles »

cupn00dles

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2006, 08:17:58 am »
Whew, just got to Archades and did the "information errand" quest =D

Would anyone happen to know if Riskbreaker is the top clan rank that one can achieve?

I have already 800.000 points and like every mark which I have access to this point killed, and I've been riskbreaker like since the 400.000 Oo

If it is indeed the top rank, cool, Riskbreakers rule all =D More nostalgy for Vangrant Story players :O

Glennleo

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Glenn - The true Hero and weilder of the Masamune.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2006, 11:01:20 am »
I'm pretty sure it isn't the highest rank. I'm a Brave Champion or w/e it's called. I think that's one or two ranks below you. But don't quote me on that.

I'm about to go kill some marks/level  before I reach Archades. I need some better armor/weapons/spells and such lol.   

cupn00dles

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2006, 04:38:03 pm »
I'm pretty sure it isn't the highest rank. I'm a Brave Champion or w/e it's called. I think that's one or two ranks below you. But don't quote me on that.

I'm about to go kill some marks/level  before I reach Archades. I need some better armor/weapons/spells and such lol.   

Yeah, it isn't!

860.000 points and now I'm a Paragon of Justice o.o

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2006, 02:16:21 am »
Man, you guys are KILLING me with your FFXII talk. It still isn't out over here in the crappy UK... Damn, I want a new RPG so damn bad.
Yeah, I hate how PAL gets it late. But hopefully we get an uber cool version of it, like we did with Dragon Quest.

Silvercry

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
    • The Great Silvercry's Blog
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2006, 07:32:57 am »
Rented it.  I'm about 4 hrs in, just snuck into the castle.

Thus far I'm a bit disappointed.  The plot is mildly interesting at best, The jury is still out on the Licenses board (i have to spend points to equip armor??? WTF???) and the battle system, which I was sure I was going to like, has done nothing but piss me off.  Its like they took the one part of Final Fantasy XI I didn’t like, and stuck it in XII.  But I'm reserving final judgment until I can set my own Gambits.

On the positive side, I like Vaan so far.  Its like they crossed Squall with Zidane and gave me a protagonist I can actually like for the first time in a half decade.  I just hope the plot picks up soon, coming off of playing Xenosaga III, the plot in FF XII feels almost - well - infantile.

Just tell me money gets easier to come by.  I am this close to Game Sharking my way to infinite gil.  I hate money farming.  So Much.

Salvadeiro

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2006, 02:03:31 am »
Twelve is the reason why I bought a PS2 again after i sold it to get a 360.  I'm so great lol. But yes I am very happy we needed this. 

redwing605

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2007, 12:24:52 pm »
I don't like 12.  Yeah the game play is really fun, graphics look EXTREMELY good but, the story is lacking majorly.

Rufus

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
    • TheInfantCannon
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2007, 07:20:18 pm »
Eh..

My brother got me a copy for Christmas and I'm still not sure how I feel about it.  I mean, the Gambit system is brilliant when it comes to big battles and large parties (guests included), and the graphics are amazing.

But I just can't get into the plot.  I reached the part where Vaan gets on Balthier's airship for the first time and they leave to save Ashe, and finally to the room with the laser boundaries.  Yet I can't get into the whole political turmoil thing.  Most of the time I don't know where I am, what I'm doing, or why I'm even doing it.

Which is what makes it so different from previous FF's.  Every other one I've played has captivated me with the plot as soon as I started playing - even the NES titles.  The plot is what spurs me on, what makes me want to see what happens next.  And this is lost to me with FFXII.  Sad, really.