Author Topic: Final Fantasy VII  (Read 3458 times)

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
Re: Final Fantasy VII
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2006, 09:00:11 pm »
Congradulations! You're the first person to poison the Compendium forums w/a topic about FFVII (as far as I can remember anyways)! Hooray for you!

Anyways, the only person in FFVII w/any amount of likability was Vincent and he was optional! At least one of the most annoying, Yuffie, was also optional...But Clod was a numbskull idiot who was always a few steps behind (worse than Watson) and he was the main character!?! Give me FFVI, FFTactics, or FFIV any day over this convoluted crap.

K_K_FFXII

• Porrean (+50)
  • Darkness Bestows All...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2006, 09:05:21 pm »
Wheras I do like Cloud....my first choice was Vincent...but yeah....Yuffie is annoying....and poision...that's a strong word isn't it?? What about Nanaki?? I think he's awesome!!!

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2006, 10:10:23 pm »
Carefully....I"m still in high school....but I'm going to try and become a game programmer!! That way I will be able to make re-makes of all the games that I want......lol...Can you imagine a detailed verson of FF VII or Chrono Trigger or even Chrono Cross!!!!!!

If you are serious about that, learn C and C++ now while you're still in high school. The sooner you start learning the better.

K_K_FFXII

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2006, 10:23:13 pm »
I'll have to look into that...Thanks!!! The only problem is that you probably have to be in a certain grade to take them...and I'm not there yet...lol

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2006, 10:26:02 pm »
Then teach yourself. There are free IDEs (these are programs you use to write, debug, and compile code) out on the internet, such as Code::Blocks, and there are countless free tutorials a Google search a way. Just remember to start small.

K_K_FFXII

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2006, 10:30:33 pm »
I'd like to say thanks again....you don't know how much help you've been to me!! I'll definatley have to check out the googe sites!!! Appreciate it!!!!

K_K_FFXII

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2006, 11:24:00 pm »
If anybody has anything to say about FF VII please say it!! Any questions about the game, or anything that you find interesting please let me know!!

D r e a m

« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2006, 01:02:04 am »
Hello & welcome K_K_FFVII. I have yet to play the previous Final Fantasy Series & much to learn from each individual world. I admire your determination to become a game programmer & wanted to encourage you to never give up. Although we are both high school studnents we are no different from anyone, we are all human here & live in the same world, meaning we are all capable on doing the same things to some extent. Anywho, enough with my endless bickering & welcome to the site & hello everyone. Til than, thank you & farewell.

- D r e a m

Solid_Choke

• Earthbound (+15)
  • The Autodidact
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2006, 01:29:29 am »
Carefully....I"m still in high school....but I'm going to try and become a game programmer!! That way I will be able to make re-makes of all the games that I want......lol...Can you imagine a detailed verson of FF VII or Chrono Trigger or even Chrono Cross!!!!!!
Don't tell anybody about the remakes until after you release the whole thing on the internet and claim that somebody stole your personal project and put it on the torrent trackers. That way you won't have to worry about all those pesky Cease and Desist letters!

but2002

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • Death Omen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2006, 01:41:38 am »
Past remakes have meen completely shut down

Old Page:
http://www.opcoder.com/projects/chrono/news/

Home Page:
http://www.opcoder.com/projects/chrono/

Silvercry

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
    • The Great Silvercry's Blog
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2006, 02:57:36 am »
Play Xenosaga.  Right now.  You'll thank me later.

saridon

• Mystical Knight (+700)
  • eater of cows and small fuzzy animals since 1991
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2006, 06:01:00 am »
Don't tell anybody about the remakes until after you release the whole thing on the internet and claim that somebody stole your personal project and put it on the torrent trackers. That way you won't have to worry about all those pesky Cease and Desist letters!

thats great and all but most companys arn't idiots and will figure out that something like that is abit more than a 'personal project'

Magus068

• Acacia Deva (+500)
  • Speak the truth, even it leads to your death!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2006, 07:15:17 am »

That's a good suggestion but it's hard to find all copies of the Xenosaga series especially episode 1.

cupn00dles

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Beneath this mask there is more than flesh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2006, 07:59:12 am »

That's a good suggestion but it's hard to find all copies of the Xenosaga series especially episode 1.

Well, what you cannot find in stores you can always find on the internet.  8)

but2002

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • Death Omen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2006, 08:41:06 am »
Warez, who isn't a user? But I think a discussion of THAT here would be highly frowned upon.