Author Topic: Video Games Live  (Read 786 times)

Daniel Krispin

Video Games Live
« on: January 23, 2007, 01:17:18 pm »
So...
I just went to see this yesterday, and it was pretty neat (well, aside from the fact that it was a bloody nerd convention.) The symphony did all the songs extremely well. This is, apparently, the first time something like this has been done in my province. And Bioware was there, too - they got the founders to come up on stage, and they played music from Jade Empire... this is, after all, Bioware's home town. Anyway, quite an impressive show, especially the One Winged Angel finale.
I know that the show has been going around different places, so has anyone else seen it before?

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
Re: Video Games Live
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 12:13:37 am »
I haven't seen Play!, but I have seen both Dear Friends and More Friends, and both were excellent. Live orchestra is really the only way to listen to One Winged Angel. The Black Mages do make for a nice touch though.

Daniel Krispin

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2007, 03:21:26 am »
I haven't seen Play!, but I have seen both Dear Friends and More Friends, and both were excellent. Live orchestra is really the only way to listen to One Winged Angel. The Black Mages do make for a nice touch though.

'Play!'? I don't think that's what this was. This was 'Video Games Live.' It was my own city's orchestra performing. But someone tell me something... why the heck is Square the ONLY company whose game-music was played that didn't allow them to show game footage? What's up with that? I must say, at times, they can be a pretty stupid company.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2007, 11:18:30 am »
Yeah, I heard that Square weren't nice to Eminence for their Passion! concert either.