Author Topic: Doreen  (Read 2522 times)

kennyj2003

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Doreen
« on: February 04, 2007, 10:31:18 pm »
I was reading a post the other day about Zelbess not having her own spot in the encyc. and it got me thinking about Doreen in Chrono Cross. She does talk to Masa & Mune and even fuse with them to form the Mastermune right? Then why doesnt she get her own encyc. reference  in the Chrono Cross section? Or even be mentioned to appear in her Trigger section.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Re: Doreen
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2007, 11:27:39 pm »
Ah, guess I should stick them in the Cross section.

kennyj2003

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2007, 07:15:30 pm »
Also I don't know if im just not seeing them but Masa and Mune arent listed in the Cross section either. They do have dialogue and you can see the creature in the Flying Arrow tech. To me Masa,Mune and Doreen are important NPC's because they allow Serge to enter Kid's subconscious and help her recover.

Mystic Frog King

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • It's a secret to everybody!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2007, 08:49:18 am »
We don't even know why Doreen came into existence in the first place (Masa and Mune were made to inhabit the Masamune) so a page for her would be slightly redundant (or a 'stub', as Media Wiki calls them) but you should add her onto the Masa and Mune page for CC if and when you make one.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2007, 02:41:04 pm »
Forgive me for waxing Zaperkingesque here, but perhaps Doreen was the spirit of the Pendant. The Masamune and the Pendant both are imbued with energy from the Mammon Machine, giving them a relationship that might, with a dab of artistic license, pass for "brother / sister" language.

Mystic Frog King

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2007, 02:53:25 pm »
Interesting. Very interesting. And there isn't actually anything against it either, as far as I know.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2007, 03:40:10 pm »
Forgive me for waxing Zaperkingesque here, but perhaps Doreen was the spirit of the Pendant. The Masamune and the Pendant both are imbued with energy from the Mammon Machine, giving them a relationship that might, with a dab of artistic license, pass for "brother / sister" language.

Hah, give me a chrono break! That's an enchanting idea. Masa and Mune were made by Melchior in one of his creations, so why not Doreen as well in the pendant?

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2007, 07:10:41 pm »
The Mammon Machine was made by Melchior from the same royal Red Rock too. This probably doesn't disprove the theory, but there is an absence of spirit of the Mammon Machine. (Although I suppose the Frozen Flame which has 99% of being inside it could qualify as its "spirit"...)

saridon

• Mystical Knight (+700)
  • eater of cows and small fuzzy animals since 1991
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2007, 06:03:24 am »
The Mammon Machine was made by Melchior from the same royal Red Rock too. This probably doesn't disprove the theory, but there is an absence of spirit of the Mammon Machine. (Although I suppose the Frozen Flame which has 99% of being inside it could qualify as its "spirit"...)

thats assuming the mammon machine was designed to have a 'spirit' like the masamune and supposedly the pendant as well.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2007, 07:01:15 am »
Yeah, that's why I said it doesn't disprove the theory, it was a side note. Still, there was one royal Red Rock and Melchior made 3 stuff out of it: the Mammon Machine, the Pendant, the Red Knife. So if something applies to 2 out of the 3 items...

Anyway, yeah the Mammon Machine has a slightly different purpose than the other 2 items, so this may account for the difference.

Mystic Frog King

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2007, 11:16:02 am »
=/

The Masamune could be likened to the pendant in that they are both keys; the pendant to the sealed doors and boxes and the Masamune to defeating Magus.

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2007, 03:41:20 pm »
=/

The Masamune could be likened to the pendant in that they are both keys; the pendant to the sealed doors and boxes and the Masamune to defeating Magus.

The Masamune wasn't designed to defeat Magus, it was designed (as the Red Knife) to destroy the Mammon Machine.

Mystic Frog King

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2007, 04:32:19 pm »
Right. But, it's still the key to defeating various things, including Magus and the Mammon Machine.

saridon

• Mystical Knight (+700)
  • eater of cows and small fuzzy animals since 1991
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2007, 05:13:06 pm »
Right. But, it's still the key to defeating various things, including Magus and the Mammon Machine.
cept its not that kind of key. the red knife/masamune is a anti mammon machine & anti mage weaon.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2007, 08:17:43 am »
Man, what the funk...I've been pimping the Doreen in the Pendant like Masa & Mune in the Sword since my day 1 in the Compendium! V_V

Oh, and they were both made to (and do) absorb that luscious Lavos/elemental energy...The Pendant absorbs it to break seals and the sword absorbs it as a way to steal the energy from the source.