Author Topic: Stuff you LOVE, baby  (Read 354880 times)

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff you LOVE, baby
« Reply #3075 on: April 12, 2011, 03:58:26 am »
Got on the list for the Comedy Store Open Mic (15 out of 50 each Sunday and Monday) aka one of the most brutal rooms in LA.  Did well with my 3 minutes.  A few more to get noticed on more of their shows then the ones I've been on.

Onto the Laugh Factory tomorrow.  Yaay for standing in line!!!

8/7

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3076 on: April 12, 2011, 06:26:10 am »
I love crepes... Some friends and I found a place where they serve crepes with some interesting recipes, both sweet and savory. I just had a sweet one with banana, nuts, nutella and orange liqueur, it was delicious with my capuccino  :wink:

Nutella is possibly one of the best things humanity has ever invented.

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3077 on: April 12, 2011, 08:05:07 am »
Apparently I've got a methodical mind. Even when eating when I've got Pav (aka, a tiny loaf) of bread, I don't eat like normal people do. Instead, I tear it in half so it's easy to judge how much I'm eating and how much can be safely left over, untouched. After that, I separate the hard bits from the soft; I use the hard bits with potatoes, ladyfingers or what dry vegetables have you, and the soft bits with curry, dal or gravy.

Even for Ice Cream, unless someone offers it to me, I prefer having it mixed with half a glass of Duke's soda and some teaspoonful fruit syrup, perhaps a mix of pineapple and orange.

Sajainta

• View Profile
« Reply #3078 on: April 12, 2011, 08:28:46 am »
Apologies for the shitty quality, I took the picture on my camera phone.

But look at his little FACE!  Isn't he adorable?  <3

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3079 on: April 12, 2011, 10:05:51 am »
My sister agrees with you about the Nutella...

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3080 on: April 12, 2011, 10:14:32 am »
xDDD There's something uncanny about ferrets. How can something be so innocent and mischievous at the same time?

Ah, summer rains. You can never predict them!

India's got only three seasons: Summer, Rain and Winter. Sometimes Rain comes latter than usual, but at Summer (usually April and May) when the heat is intense, summer showers come to save our backs. These are called "April Showers" here in Pune, but are directly the effect of Kalbaisakhi (violent thunderstorms in the middle of summer) at Bengal.

The clouds shroud the sun and taint the city in gold. Cold, moist breeze sweeps the city like a gigantic, natural air-conditioner. Hah, I love to stand outside and enjoy the evening at that time. It feels wonderful.

That's, of course, until I smell carbon monoxide being emitted from vehicles. Seriously. Mother nature is so goddamned awesome, but we just HAVE to ruin it with pollution. How can people stand this kind of behavior?

P.S.: Don't you just LOVE the smell of wet soil? :D
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 10:18:34 am by tushantin »

Licawolf

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • tempus edax rerum
    • View Profile
    • DA account
« Reply #3081 on: April 12, 2011, 11:59:36 am »
Wet soil is my favorite smell  :) We hardly have any rain around here, but I love smelling the freshness of the air and the soil after a heavy rain.

Apparently I've got a methodical mind. Even when eating when I've got Pav (aka, a tiny loaf) of bread, I don't eat like normal people do. Instead, I tear it in half so it's easy to judge how much I'm eating and how much can be safely left over, untouched. After that, I separate the hard bits from the soft; I use the hard bits with potatoes, ladyfingers or what dry vegetables have you, and the soft bits with curry, dal or gravy.

Is it weird that I thought it would be interesting to watch you eating? xD

But look at his little FACE!  Isn't he adorable?  <3

<3 Eeeeh! He looks tiny and adorable!
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 03:04:58 pm by Licawolf »

Bard_of_Time

• Guardian (+100)
  • Music changes history, you know.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3082 on: April 12, 2011, 02:58:52 pm »
Oh man, I used to love sitting on our porch and watching thunderstorms when I was little. It was nice and quiet and just... relaxing.

I've noticed that I've developed some obsessive habits as of late. These include organizing my teachers' desks. I did this to my math teacher's desk and she rewarded me with chocolate  :oops:

Life is good.

Syna

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3083 on: April 12, 2011, 06:13:44 pm »
I got a postcard from a friend in Barcelona and realized I'd never seen his handwriting before. It's really nice to have physical mementos from people you care about. I wish we had more opportunities to exchange this kind of thing in our culture.

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3084 on: April 13, 2011, 03:11:07 pm »
No Laugh Factory list, no problem.  Wound up on another show in a club I've never been to before.  Invited back.  Also, back in limbo, like I expected anything different  8)

Bud Light Spec audition tonight, another club audition tomorrow then scene work class.

8/7

Sajainta

• View Profile
« Reply #3085 on: April 14, 2011, 05:35:28 am »
I made cake!  From a box all by myself!  And it is delicious.  ^^

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3086 on: April 14, 2011, 07:29:53 am »
Aww, crap! I wish I could eat cakes, but I'm allergic to eggs. :( (This should be in the Hate thread, but oh well...)

Anywhos, as you people already know (thanks to my constant annoying boasts), I've been reading Young Sherlock Holmes - Red Leech. Although I haven't finished it yet, I must say it's a fantastic read! The plot thickens, and the conspiracy deepens, as each page is read. Sherlock finds himself trapped in a spiral of crime-fest that endangers his friends. Gruesome villains, lurking danger, and intense thrill. Only problem is that the novel isn't fast paced, and thus putting off some fans, and yet it's quite hard to put it down. I find myself constantly saying, "Only one more page. Just one more page. No, another page. Yet another page." It's worth noting, though, that we hardly see many American characters in Sherlock Holmes franchise, and yet when they do appear (like in the novel Study in Scarlet) they're goddamned awesome!

That said, I've become a fan of Amyus Crowe, Sherlock's American teacher (Shut up! The soundtrack fits the character). While Sherlock inherits intelligence and wisdom from his brother, Mycroft, and develops love for music from the Irish, Rufus Stone, Amyus teaches Sherlock everything he needs to know about harnessing knowledge, deciphering codes, tracking criminals, mastering disguises, espionage, deducing clues and, hell, how to get away from trouble. Crowe is a cowboy, and a huge, Hercules-like, powerful one at that. He's fast, headstrong, and an elite Tracker (aka, Head Hunter / Hunter of Men). What an American like him is doing in England is anyone's guess in the previous novel Death Cloud, but in this sequel his development is clear: apparently the assassin of Abe Lincoln has cheated death and has fled to Europe, and is not alone. Despite the unification of States, there is a conspiracy going on that can shatter the entire nation of America. This means that Amyus and his daughter, Virginia, need to go back, and somehow Sherlock and his buddy Matty are deeply involved in all of this.

Fascinating: Run and hide, fight for survival, race against time for the sake of your friend. We even witness Sherlock attempt to decipher a code while running all the way to his Hotel at New York to pursue the criminals before they escape the city. And before that, when he noticed an assassin following him, his quick thinking saved him and his friends from being potential targets of the conspirators. He even disguised himself so well, with techniques convincing enough to work in real life, that he stood in broad daylight only six feet closer to his pursuer, who was still trying to find where Sherlock disappeared to, all the while having the boy pursuing him instead. Ironic, aye? And all the while, I had L's soundtrack going through my head.

And while they were on their way to America, they had eight days of journey on ship. Even then there was no safe haven for the heroes. Even then they had to deal with a hired assassin, with no way out in the ocean. The battle at the heart of the ship, the boilers, the hottest place you'd ever be where coal is constantly burning, where you'd fear being crushed under axles or cogs, or burned to crisp even. Breathtaking, I say, and all the while I had this evil bastard's soundtrack playing in my head!

But when the last day drew near and they saw land, they would arrive to the New World. America! A continent so new, so different, vast and majestic; an entirely new culture to drown yourself in. And I could imagine Sherlock standing on the deck, with the voyage coming to an end as they reach the mystical land never before seen, and I imagined this the typical Chrono Cross way with the music Dream that Time Dreams. And this made me wonder about myself: that I was being melodramatic. Obviously, I've got friends at the US, and I've heard much about it. It's an International Capital, it's grand, but it has always been there since the day I was born. At least to me, this was nothing new, and yet while reading those passages in the book (or listening to that music) it often seemed to me that this was else. I really can't explain the feeling: it was travelling to a world that you never knew existed, like Serge travelling to the other dimension for he first time, or Crono visiting the glorious Kingdom of Zeal for the first time.

To every proud American/Mexican/Canadian/South American in this forum: I'd like to ask you something. To most of you it probably wouldn't be any different because you were born there and lived your whole life in your native country. But when you consider that the gigantic country you're currently living in was once a mysterious continent untouched, that it was once a part of the world never known to man, an entirely New World, what do you feel? 

Bard_of_Time

• Guardian (+100)
  • Music changes history, you know.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3087 on: April 14, 2011, 07:32:25 am »
Thinking about this country as just something empty, with people just happy to be here... that makes me happy.

Other things that make me happy? Tomorrow is the Day of Silence. Can't wait! (I'll prolly start a topic about it when I get home today)

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3088 on: April 14, 2011, 02:31:06 pm »
Ooh, Day of Silence. Somebody beat me to it, then.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3089 on: April 14, 2011, 02:41:11 pm »
Just got Twilight Zone dvds from netflix.

Wait.

What's that you say?

Why yes. Yes it IS the best television ever made for television!

Thank you.