Author Topic: Chrono Trigger + demo test (dead)  (Read 8047 times)

Kyronea

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono Trigger + beta test
« Reply #45 on: April 05, 2007, 11:47:51 pm »
Well, I can accept the Kilwala species continuing to exist and perhaps evolving sentience, if only because humanity does the same thing. I just didn't like the idea of a Kilwala in the forest dropping shelters all over the place.

Zakyrus

• Entity
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • "Bouncy, bouncy, bouncy... --!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 05, 2007, 11:57:07 pm »
Yeah, and having squirrels running around later would be a nice affect. I am going to add bird sprites as well as butterfly sprites (useless but add mucho amounts of ambience to the forest) For the tileset, the grasses will eventally later over the PCs as well as animated flowers that do the same thing. The trees and tree shadows will also be animated and the shadows will later on layer over the NPCs and enemies. To top that off I want to import the RD "Forest Ambience" music effect as a sound loop and have that playing with the music.  8)

Kyronea

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2007, 11:59:48 pm »
Neat idea. We'll need to be adding these various neat effects into other areas as well, of course. What exactly to add where I am not entirely certain of, but the more ambience the better, yah?

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 06, 2007, 12:39:32 am »
Other areas:

Caves- random bats flying about

Dungeons-
maybe cockroaches that run away from you

Future/Factory areas-
Random machines haves sparks coming out of them

Prehistoric-
Dragonflies (if we can find a sprite)
random falling leaves

...if you can think of any other enhancemnets to areas let me know.

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 06, 2007, 12:41:10 am »
There will be bubbles sprites coming from the PCs when in an underwater area, and puffs of white when in a cold area.

Kyronea

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 06, 2007, 12:46:50 am »
Caves should also have random rats as well, smaller rat sprites rather than the gigantic kind that are fightable enemies.

Same for dungeons.

For the Future, definitely some randomly sparking machinery in factories where electricity is still on, but in places like Proto Dome where there is nothing, I'd suggest something more like the occasional panel breaking down, and perhaps random rats too. Not very many on the random rats though...there'd not be much food anywhere.

Dragonflies are good for the Prehistoric, along with randomly falling leaves. Perhaps tiny little primates can also occasionally wander around places, something like minature lemurs or ferrets.

Bubbles and pufts of white are also good. Perhaps the occasional drop of sweat in some fashion for warm areas such as the Prehistoric, if that is manageable.

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 06, 2007, 12:52:34 am »
I would eventually like to add emoticons like in FF5. I think that would be awesome. Like sweatdrop could be used alot around Ozzie.  8)

Rats can be used for dungeons and such.
Heavy sweating when in a lava area.

Kyronea

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 06, 2007, 12:58:08 am »
Oh, yes. I saw an excellent utilization of those in a game once...it was a game made with the OHRRPGCE, a free RPG construction engine based in DOS. If you want I can link you to the demo...I think that was all that was ever made of the game, but it's more than enough to show what I refer to.

In any case those are wonderful to use, at least in some instances. In others, such as truly serious scenes, like the final confrontation with Lavos, methinks they should be missing as they might be a detriment if used incorrectly.

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 06, 2007, 01:29:04 am »
Beta sent. Though I haven't tested it since I have imported all the events files. I figured I would get it up before I lost motivation. It might be 2 weeks before I can get chapters "Forward to the Past" through "Lavos Beckons" finished.

Kyronea

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 06, 2007, 01:33:47 am »
Beta sent. Though I haven't tested it since I have imported all the events files. I figured I would get it up before I lost motivation. It might be 2 weeks before I can get chapters "Forward to the Past" through "Lavos Beckons" finished.
...I got an e-mail but there is no file attached.

Don't worry about rushing in anymore betas for a while after this, though. Just focus on introducing things slowly. You rush things too much and you'll lose all motivation...I know that all too well.

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 06, 2007, 01:48:00 am »
Yeah, this beta I did much slower and got alot more put in. Before, I skipped alot because I wanted to get it done. Next beta will be even better because it becomes easier to put dialouge in. Now I'm starting to figure out animations.

By the way, I figured that out, but I had to update a few more things... It is sent now. Make sure you check out the lemondae stand next to the blackjack dealer? Btw, how are the mini-games? I have found a bjack bug once, but can't remember what it was or can reproduce it. I think it's a 1 in 255 bug.

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 06, 2007, 01:49:10 am »
Oops. I forgot the Denadoro! Don't play it!

Kyronea

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 06, 2007, 01:51:14 am »
Okay.

I liked the additions to the Millennial Fair...I was playing Blackjack for a bit in the last demo...though the area around the kitty was quite large and empty. Presumeably that's to be filled in with stuff.

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 06, 2007, 01:55:12 am »
There should be a slot machine where the cat & girl was after you get back from Heckran. It will be in this demo. Give me a few more minutes to make adjustments and last minute tweaks...

Kyronea

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 06, 2007, 01:58:45 am »
There was a slot machine there...it freaked me out a bit first because that Poyozo doll sprite is only used for the Death Peak Poyozobots.

Take you time. Patience is a virtue. That's a cliche and a horrible one at that, but definitely true.