Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 544609 times)

Temporal Knight

• Springtime of Youth
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • Roar through the flames of time...
    • View Profile
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #3780 on: August 28, 2009, 10:11:32 pm »
Grah.......littering. Etc etc etc. We've only one Earth, respect it fools! It peeves me so.

Frustration: My flu has seemingly gotten a bit worse, after gradually getting better. Today, I coughed my throat raw, and made it bleed a bit (nothing major. It stopped after the coughing episode.) because I couldn't stop coughing mucus out. With that, a temperature of 100 claimed me, but I am keeping that under control. But, I can hardly speak because of my throat at the moment.

Blasted, confounded hindering sicknesses.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3781 on: August 28, 2009, 10:36:04 pm »
yOU HAVE SWINE FLU. yOU FAIL AT LIFE.

Now go and LITTER your way to health!

Temporal Knight

• Springtime of Youth
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • Roar through the flames of time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3782 on: August 28, 2009, 10:42:42 pm »
As little sense as that made, I couldn't help but laugh at the irony of the last sentence.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3783 on: August 29, 2009, 10:04:55 pm »
My long standing frustration?

I hate how this forum has become nothing but a platform for Zeality to spew his political statements.

It was okay at first, but now he has multiple topics on this.

For fuck sake guys, just because Square Enix banned us from making Chrono Trigger stuff doesn't mean we have to talk about non-related junk.

I'm actually glad I bailed when I did...

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #3784 on: August 29, 2009, 10:19:52 pm »
"General Discussion"

I guess you were asleep when these topics existed with regularity in the years past. Gen Disc has always been this way.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3785 on: August 29, 2009, 10:35:40 pm »
Forget it, I don't need to start an argument with you again.

I'm just going to go about my merry little way and gripe with my shithole college essays.

ZaichikArky

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #3786 on: August 29, 2009, 10:59:44 pm »
What's wrong with talking about non-related junk? My problem with this forum is the lack of interest in talking about non-related junk! I'd rather talk about politics and entertainment, etc. than Chrono. I mean, Chrono is great and everything, but what more is there to discuss considering there hasn't really been anything new in a decade (well, I guess you can include the DS version)? The CE talk has kind of died down and that was... interesting, to put it lightly, but I really see nothing wrong with talking about political platforms. Maybe you just have a problem with all the fighting. I can get that.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3787 on: August 29, 2009, 11:08:36 pm »
The Chrono Compendium should become the Compendium of All, and swallow up multiple franchises.

ZaichikArky

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #3788 on: August 29, 2009, 11:12:44 pm »
LOL, love that one. I'm a huge Trekkie, and the Locutus episodes have to be my favorite out of any series <3.

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #3789 on: August 29, 2009, 11:26:31 pm »
What do you mean there's no more Chrono discussion? There's fanfic contests coming up, a Dream Splash, a whole ton of stuff planned. Not to mention the Pocket Dimension Theory just got dismantled, so Analysis is going to be pretty busy finding a way to fill that. And of course, there's fanart, and Mysticalpha's comic. As long as there are still fans and fanworks, the Chrono discussion will never die. That's really the biggest reason I come here, most of the General Discussion topics just aren't as interesting as the Chrono polls, analysis, fanart/fiction critiques, news, etc,.

I guess my frustration would be people expecting there to be more unrelated discussion on a fan forum. This is a Chrono forum, of course there'll be more Chrono discussion than other stuff. It's like going to a MAC convention and trying to start a debate about Windows products.
Not that there's anything wrong with General Discussion, sometimes it's quite entertaining, it's just not supposed to be the main focus.

And that's where the best thing about forum comes in; if you aren't interested in the political threads, don't read them. Just mark them read, or collapse the Gen Disc forum completely and pass right over it.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 11:33:02 pm by Zephira »

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #3790 on: August 29, 2009, 11:37:20 pm »
Nightmare your exaggerating. Sure Kajar Labs' disapperince has cased many of the Projects to die or vanish, General Discussion has gone Politiko, and maybe most topics of Chrono left are rehashing of the old but...

...No your kinda right :?

ZaichikArky

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #3791 on: August 29, 2009, 11:49:38 pm »
What do you mean there's no more Chrono discussion? There's fanfic contests coming up, a Dream Splash, a whole ton of stuff planned. Not to mention the Pocket Dimension Theory just got dismantled, so Analysis is going to be pretty busy finding a way to fill that. And of course, there's fanart, and Mysticalpha's comic. As long as there are still fans and fanworks, the Chrono discussion will never die. That's really the biggest reason I come here, most of the General Discussion topics just aren't as interesting as the Chrono polls, analysis, fanart/fiction critiques, news, etc,.

I guess my frustration would be people expecting there to be more unrelated discussion on a fan forum. This is a Chrono forum, of course there'll be more Chrono discussion than other stuff. It's like going to a MAC convention and trying to start a debate about Windows products.
Not that there's anything wrong with General Discussion, sometimes it's quite entertaining, it's just not supposed to be the main focus.

And that's where the best thing about forum comes in; if you aren't interested in the political threads, don't read them. Just mark them read, or collapse the Gen Disc forum completely and pass right over it.

I kind of disagree with you. On forums, I enjoy talking more about off-topic things... That's just me, though. I find the non-Chrono topics much more interesting. Nothing wrong with preferring Chrono-discussion.

Nightmare your exaggerating. Sure Kajar Labs' disapperince has cased many of the Projects to die or vanish, General Discussion has gone Politiko, and maybe most topics of Chrono left are rehashing of the old but...

I remember Z saying something about bringing back the Kajar lab forums after the hype has died down. I wish that would happen, so General Discussion isn't cluttered by fan project topics.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #3792 on: August 30, 2009, 12:26:56 am »
Kajar Laboratories is back, but it's limited to fan art and fan fiction.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3793 on: August 30, 2009, 12:53:04 am »
And booze!

IAmSerge

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3794 on: August 30, 2009, 04:05:53 am »
Z: what about a "Fan creations" catagory?  As in, not just chrono hax, but more of any sort of interesting creation/concept that doesnt fit under fan fiction or art..

Also, tonight wasn't so great of a night :(